posted 1 month ago by
arla
Dismembered Member

https://www.discountmags.com/magazine/the-economist?offer=43638

$51 per year, good for 1-3 years, and they offer auto-renewal at the same rate.

When I tried to sign up for two years, they reduced the three-year price from $153 to $148.  In the recent thread with a fatwallet coupon, others reported similar offers when starting with only one year.

This offer might expire at ~11pm EDT today.

7 Comments
Add Comment
rated:
From a prior thread, credit to pantelones

Green for the deal, but wanted to share an anecdote as it relates to this. I LOVE The Economist, but found they no longer participate in "mags for miles" or whatever your airline likes to call their program that trades airlines miles for magazine subscriptions. Having to contend for the first time with paying in hard cash for my beloved Economist, I happened upon my local library's Zinio for Libraries offering. This gives me access to The Economist and a host of many other magazines directly to my device through the Zinio app. I've been enjoying the user experience of reading on my iPad, appreciate that I don't have a hard dollar expense (outside my taxes that fund the library) for the subscription, and that I won't have 17 paper copies stacked-up on my coffee tables anymore. This has been working great for me, but if you like the experience of a paper copy to get away from the terrible glowing screens that rule us, this is also a great price for a FANTASTIC magazine.

rated:
Thanks for sharing.

rated:
arla said:   
This offer might expire at ~11pm EDT today.

Deal is still alive.

rated:
Green OP...3 years for $148!

rated:
Thanks a lot.  I've been waiting for such an offer.  I'm in for a three year renewal.

rated:
Thanks.  I too had been waiting for a deal like this.  In for the three years.

rated:
By far the most intellectual and balanced/fair news organization out there.

For those unfamiliar, the name of the publication is a bit of a misnomer- current events and topics outside of economics/business are heavily covered. This is THE publication for the smart Fatwallet crowd.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2016