• Search this Topic »
Voting History
rated:

Member Summary

outback (7.76kB)
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
"Wind down Wednesday with your choice of one of these classic Outback entrées, served with Aussie Fries and paired with a small domestic draft beer or an ice, cold Coca-Cola product."

rated:
Wednesday night is now date night.

rated:
Neilium said:   Wednesday night is now date night.

Last of the Big Time spenders! 

rated:
How does Outback's Sirloin compare to Texas Roadhouse's sirloin?
TR has a 6oz. sirloin with two sides for $8.99 if you do their 'early dine' M-Th 4-6PM, Sa/Su noon-3pm.

rated:
Buckmann said:   How does Outback's Sirloin compare to Texas Roadhouse's sirloin?
TR has a 6oz. sirloin with two sides for $8.99 if you do their 'early dine' M-Th 4-6PM, Sa/Su noon-3pm.

Rather have a beer than another side.

rated:
Anyone know if fries can be substituted for a house salad?

rated:
AARP too?

rated:
It said "no substitutions" in their ad.

rated:
sloppy1 said:   It said "no substitutions" in their ad.

tell them you are a diabetic and they will no problem (they do for me, though i have the syringes to prove it).

and i think that more pertains to the main entree.

rated:
Note that it also says "Participation may vary." Looking online, if I attempt to order online (carryout), my closest Outback shows it as a Three-course Wednesday Walkabout for $12.99. Instead of a drink they add your choice of appetizer and a dessert. Not sure, if I actually went in, if they would have the $9.99 deal; it is possible it isn't available online since they can't sell beer "to go;" but be warned that it might be a different deal, or not offered, in your local area.

rated:
The email I received for this special says it's $10.99 in my area.  I really don't like geo price discrimination.

rated:
So I am at Outback Steakhouse and the waiter is telling us that Virginia law prohibits discounting both food and alcohols. So when I asked how can On the Boarder offer happy hour specials on both drinks and foods, waiter did not have an answer. I feel like the local manager did not want to honor this promotion with beer. I was told that I need to order beer separately at the regular price. Makes no sense except that it's a false advertisement from Outback. Never going to this Outback for promotions.

Update: Price is $10.99 and can substitute with another side like a salad.. So not really a great deal for me at $10.99 if I can't get a beer.

rated:
This promotion has replaced their "No Worries Wednesday" which I thought was a better deal.

rated:
docjoo said:   So I am at Outback Steakhouse and the waiter is telling us that Virginia law prohibits discounting both food and alcohols. So when I asked how can On the Boarder offer happy hour specials on both drinks and foods, waiter did not have an answer. I feel like the local manager did not want to honor this promotion with beer. I was told that I need to order beer separately at the regular price. Makes no sense except that it's a false advertisement from Outback. Never going to this Outback for promotions.

Update: Price is $10.99 and can substitute with another side like a salad.. So not really a great deal for me at $10.99 if I can't get a beer.

You're right. Virginia is funky about how happy hours and beer specials can be advertised, but this promotion actually fits within the law. The law is very convoluted so the manager(s), or the Virginia franchises are probably just playing it safe.
https://www.abc.virginia.gov/licenses/retail-resources/happy-hou...
Scroll down to the "Valentine's Day Package" and that example pretty much fits in line with this promotion at Outback and it says it is allowed.

rated:
docjoo said:   So I am at Outback Steakhouse and the waiter is telling us that Virginia law prohibits discounting both food and alcohols. So when I asked how can On the Boarder offer happy hour specials on both drinks and foods, waiter did not have an answer. I feel like the local manager did not want to honor this promotion with beer. I was told that I need to order beer separately at the regular price. Makes no sense except that it's a false advertisement from Outback. Never going to this Outback for promotions.

Docjoo,

sounds like an honest mistake on their part and not reason to boycott them forever. I'd simply call their corporate guest relations line and explain (nicely) what happened and that your experience wasn't up to par. I'm sure they will compensate you somehow for the mess up and let this local location know the 'law' and how to bill out the promotion.

rated:
tuphat said:   The email I received for this special says it's $10.99 in my area.  I really don't like geo price discrimination.
  you would if it was 8.99 by you

rated:
MISTERCHEAP said:   

Docjoo,

sounds like an honest mistake on their part and not reason to boycott them forever. I'd simply call their corporate guest relations line and explain (nicely) what happened and that your experience wasn't up to par. I'm sure they will compensate you somehow for the mess up and let this local location know the 'law' and how to bill out the promotion.

Thanks MC. Just boycotting that location. Service was terrible and food was temperature was lukewarm. I will be going to a different location.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2016