• filter:
  • Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
Voting History
rated:

Moderator Comment: This thread is mirrored to these forums: MOBILE, LAPTOPS, AND COMPUTERS, HOT DEALS. — Dec. 10, 2016 @ 10:23pm
Member Summary
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
Please add "reconditioned" to the title, although if these happen to originate from Dell Financial Services, "used" would be more accurate.

According to DFS, they "refurbish" computers by inspecting them.

rated:
Intel Core 2 Duo 2.50 GHz of unknown generation (1st gen?)

rated:
There are so many of these old refurb Core 2 Duo desktop systems for sale...
If this is the T9300 then it is 8 years old.

rated:
The best things here is that they are Windows 7 64 Pro and have a 1 year warranty which is rare in refurb computers.

rated:
The monitor kind of makes it worthwhile, for those who need a complete system.

It might be a good short-term solution for maybe another 3-4 years, for people who really can't spend any money on a more modern system.

That said, I got an i5 3rd gen system with Win 10, 8 Gb mem/1 TB HDD off eBay in June for $128 (but without monitor). That system will last a lot longer. The extra $30 or so is absolutely worth it to me.

rated:
conncarl said:   Please add "reconditioned" to the title, although if these happen to originate from Dell Financial Services, "used" would be more accurate.

According to DFS, they "refurbish" computers by inspecting them.

Having personally purchased seriously defective Dell "refurbished items" in the past, I think their inspections consists of simply opening the shipping box to make sure there's something inside.  

As an added bonus, when you do have a problem you get to deal with Dell tech support.  I wouldn't wish that on anyone.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2016