posted 1 month ago by
ACandJVR
Serene Member

Roku 2 $34.98 Clearance at Target B&M
Just returned from there, several still on the shelf.

11 Comments
Add Comment
More deals in the official Target clearance thread.
rated:
Just read some reviews on Amuhzon and it does not seem like something I want to buy. There seem to be multiple versions of the Roku 2. I read the reviews for the latest one.

It uses an IR remote so you cannot mount it on the back of the TV and use the remote.

Multiple problems with the unit putting up a pink screen and the message "HDCP unauthorized content disabled"

Lots of other substantive issues in the one star reviews.

rated:
Onenote said:   Just read some reviews on Amuhzon and it does not seem like something I want to buy. There seem to be multiple versions of the Roku 2. I read the reviews for the latest one.

It uses an IR remote so you cannot mount it on the back of the TV and use the remote.

Multiple problems with the unit putting up a pink screen and the message "HDCP unauthorized content disabled"

I have been using 2 Roku 2's for almost 3 years and think they're great!

rated:
This sounds like it is store-specific

rated:
Target has been clearing them out and replacing them with the 4K versions.

rated:
Onenote said:   Just read some reviews on Amuhzon and it does not seem like something I want to buy. There seem to be multiple versions of the Roku 2. I read the reviews for the latest one.

You could use the smartphone app if you wanted to mount it behind your TV. Maybe not ideal for all circumstances, but it's an option. Not that it would resolve reliability issues.

rated:
The Android app is actually easier for me even though IR is no problem.  Mine is a Roku 2 with the old RF remote.  It's easier to find shows with the Android app. There is also an IR repeater that cost me around $3 that I use for hidden devices that need line of sight IR. No setup just plug it in to 5v and place the 2 wires.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_odkw=Hidden+Ir+Infrared+Remote+E... 

rated:
Thanks for your information...I do not need problems...I will pass on this..
Its probably been discontinued because of design or manufacturing mistakes...typical Chinese crap

rated:
belgique said:   Thanks for your information...I do not need problems...I will pass on this..
Its probably been discontinued because of design or manufacturing mistakes...typical Chinese crap

I hope you realize Roku has revamped essentially all their product lineup.  I've had a refurbished Roku 2 XS for a couple of years with very few problems.  That and over the air TV are my primary sources for TV viewing.  I do admit they have had a couple models marked as "Roku 2" that contributes to confusion.

rated:
I just sold my Roku 3 with hdmi cable for 35$

rated:
Roku 3 was also on clearance, I think it was around $50

rated:
The store in my area had one of the Roku 2 and 2 of the Roku 3 on clearance for the same $35 price point. Don't know enough of the feature differences between the 2 and 3 (and too lazy to google comparisons) but just an FYI if you are interested in any of the clearance Roku's

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2016