• filter:
  • Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
Voting History
rated:
Kenmore Alfie Voice-Controlled Intelligent Shopper.

Shop You Way members get $50 in points with purchase and activation.    Get $10 a week for 5 weeks.

http://www.sears.com/kenmore-alfie-voice-controlled-intelligent-... 

*Points valid for 14 days.  $50 in points awarded as $10 in points  weekly for five weeks beginning the week of activation. Offer valid until 11/29/16.  Activation required by 12/30/16 

More deals in the official Kmart & Sears $5 off $50 coupon thread.
Member Summary
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
I ordered these on three separate occasions and only once did I receive the points I was supposed to get.
I've never had problems receiving points before.  
Each time I didn't receive the points I returned Alfie to store.
Not risking 3rd strike.

Terrible that they're awarding the pts 10k per week instead of all at once.  
I don't believe SYWR has their act together enough to do something 5 wks in a row.
Even if they do get their act together, since the points expire in 14 days you can't stack them to buy a $50 item.
To earn pts you have to activate and possibly use the thing.

rated:
it deosn't say you can't use points on this. And seeing as the points are not part of the actual transaction, I think one would be fine. I'll pay $1 or so OOP, but I'll use the rest in points.

rated:
This thing is worthless. Don't see the point in playing points roulette with a soon to be bankrupt company.

rated:
Slick29832 said:   This thing is worthless. Don't see the point in playing points roulette with a soon to be bankrupt company.

I think about it too, but anytime I have surprise points (yes Sears, it is a SURPRISE  you are still handing out free points!), I use them on Dewalt impact bits or Irwin hole bits, and try to get them when they are on sale too, of course. They are priced reasonably compared to other retailers, so yes a gamble, but I doubt they will be closing before christmas

rated:
I picture a warehouse full of these things, all neatly Boxed and stacked up to the rafters.

In the words of Burt Bacharach, "What's it all about Alfie?"

rated:
so this is like a dumb echo dot?

rated:
I will be sad to see them go.  Thanks to all the SYW deals I learned about on here, I started shopping with them for the first time in over a decade and have to say I was really impressed by their turn-around into more of an e-commerce company.  While maybe not at quite AMZN levels of efficiency, I never had any problems with the items I bought online and had shipped to either home or a store for pickup.  And pickup times at my local Sears store were literally always less than 2 minutes (usually more like 1) from the moment I scanned my order code to when I got my item in hand.  Compare that to Target- I bought something online thanks to a coupon I found here and the process after I presented my receipt was literally for some employee to grab a cart and slowly fill it with the items from my order (could have done this myself in 1/3 the time!)

Anyway, thanks to my many positive SYW experiences I ended up buying higher-ticket items from them ($1K exercise equipment), started doing my car repairs at Sears AUTO, etc.  Sad to see them go as they have been doing a lot of things right lately.

rated:
X2 to that jleybov, as a tool junkie I've gotten some amazing deals from Sears and Kmart via SYWR promotions and such.
And the few times I had issues with SYWR points being awarded, I got speedy replies/adjustments from SYW customer service using only email.
Merchandise pickup times at Sears have been super-quick for me as well.

Contrast that with WalMart merchandise pickup (plan on 20-30 minutes in line), or worse still their online customer service--assuming you can find any!
Seriously, WalMart 's answer to me not receiving an emailed prepaid phone card was to "dispute the charge with my credit card company".

Oops, forgot to add a comment about this Alfie gizmo. Do you think it might work with Circuit City too?

rated:
The offer states:

*Points valid for 14 days. $50 in points awarded as $10 in points weekly for five weeks beginning the week of activation. Offer valid until 11/29/16. Activation required by 12/30/16

Who has one of these? How does this device work? Is all you need is Wi-Fi? I have a Windows smartphone. Do you need a smartphone for activation or to put a required app on your phone? Is a Windows phone supported? How do you activate it?

rated:
MrVietnam said:   The offer states:

*Points valid for 14 days. $50 in points awarded as $10 in points weekly for five weeks beginning the week of activation. Offer valid until 11/29/16. Activation required by 12/30/16

Who has one of these? How does this device work? Is all you need is Wi-Fi? I have a Windows smartphone. Do you need a smartphone for activation or to put a required app on your phone? Is a Windows phone supported? How do you activate it?

I think you go to the Alfie website to activate, at least I read that somewhere yesterday. I can't think of anything I could quickly order from Sears, as figuring out what coupon I can stack usually requires a computer of Watsons capabilities

rated:
MeIsCheap said:   it deosn't say you can't use points on this. And seeing as the points are not part of the actual transaction, I think one would be fine. I'll pay $1 or so OOP, but I'll use the rest in points.
I think I will do the same. Good way to use up $19 in points.

I'm in. If I don't get the points as promised I can contact SYW customer service and I am sure they will manually credit the points. If not I could just return in within 30 days.

rated:
Is this offer about getting $10 a week for 5 weeks limited to one per SYW account or could I get two or three Alfies and double or triple the reward?

rated:
I just picked up my Kenmore Alfie. It looks like to activate it a smartphone is required: either Apple or Google. I have a Microsoft phone and it is not supported. Does that mean I cannot activate the Alfie and get the deal? If not back it goes. I have an Apple iPad but it looks like a iPhone is required. That sucks. I wish they would tell you up front about that requirement.

I had to call numerous times but I finally got the number for Kenmore Alfie customer support. In case you are interested: 888-474-9696

EDIT: I was able to go to the website alfiefetch.com and click on the download icon for Apple IOS and download the app to my iPad. So looks like a return will not be necessary. I will be awaiting my 5 $10 weekly point installments.

rated:
I wonder if these can be hacked like the Amazon Dash buttons? Quick Google search didn't dig up much.

rated:
I bought this and activated it last Saturday but still have not received my first $10 installment of SYW points.

rated:
I called SYW customer service and the rep manually credited me my first $10 and said to call in each week to get a new $10 in points, so it looks like my points from this offer will be good for one year instead of just 14 days.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2016