posted 1 month ago by
jonny206

Deal is Live Again.

WalMart has the Eagle Aspen DTV2BUHF DirecTV-Approved 2-Bay UHF Outdoor Antenna for $12.87
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Eagle-Aspen-DTV2BUHF-DirecTV-Approved...

Includes outdoor balun, HDTV compatible, For HDTVs in metropolitan areas,
Receives all UHF channels: 14-69, 
Easy assembly & installation, 
UHF TV antenna for digital & analog reception

8 Comments
Add Comment
rated:
Note that this is directional antenna.

rated:
And I have VHF channels

rated:
WorkerAnt said:   Note that this is directional antenna.
  By the nature of it's design, it has a 180 Deg. field of view.

rated:
woowoo2 said:   
WorkerAnt said:   Note that this is directional antenna.
  By the nature of it's design, it has a 180 Deg. field of view.

We also get some signals from the back with our directional antenna. A few degrees either way can make a difference, especially in fringe reception areas. Signal strength charts typically show a rounded lobe type pattern, larger in front, and smaller behind, and almost nothing from the sides (90 degrees off axis).

rated:

rated:
Can one combine two of these to end up with a four bay antenna that will support stronger signal strength and coverage?

rated:
awara said:   Can one combine two of these to end up with a four bay antenna that will support stronger signal strength and coverage?

You may run into signal phase issues combining two antennas. Better to buy a pre-made 4-bay bowtie antenna or consider a yagi-style (that can optionally include VHF freqs).

I found this 4-bay for $25 (+shipping). No idea how good it is. Plastic parts outdoors worry me. Sells for $44 on AMZ.

rated:
Buckmann said:   
awara said:   Can one combine two of these to end up with a four bay antenna that will support stronger signal strength and coverage?

You may run into signal phase issues combining two antennas. Better to buy a pre-made 4-bay bowtie antenna or consider a yagi-style (that can optionally include VHF freqs).

I found this 4-bay for $25 (+shipping). No idea how good it is. Plastic parts outdoors worry me. Sells for $44 on AMZ

I have a station that's 90degrees off where my antenna is directed (where most of the stations are).   I saw this HDB8X, which looks like two separate 4-bay, hooked to a combiner.
Wondering if I can combine my existing 4-bay with the OPs 2-bay.  

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2016