posted 1 month ago by
rkellytion

Just saw this lightning deal on Amazon Launchpad’s Startup week for $100 off, was considering it for my 13” 2013 Retina MacBook Pro. Has anyone tried TarDisk?

5 Comments
Add Comment
Moderator Comment: This thread is mirrored to these forums: MOBILE, LAPTOPS, AND COMPUTERS, HOT DEALS. — Dec. 4, 2016 @ 6:35pm
rated:
Link

rated:
Never heard of them, but looking at all of the TarDisk products listed on Ama zon, there are some reviews: www.amazon.com/s/ref=sr_qz_back?sf=qz&rh=i%3Acomputers%2Cn%3A172... 

Their prices seem so very inflated to me (e.g., 264GB for $400), that even an additional $100 off doesn't result in a good deal, especially for an "obscure" brand.

Why not spend less than $10 on a hard drive caddy/SuperDrive tray that you can put any 2.5" HDD or SSD into. It's a great way to put any extra drives lying around already to good use. If you don't have any, you can purchase a top of the line SSD from premiere brands (i.e., SanDisk, Sam sung) for less than the TarDisk price after coupon, and even less with the upcoming Black Friday sales. As an example, this is the one that I got for $8 for my 2011 17" MacBook Pro: www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0058AH2US

HTH

rated:
I'm not sure why on earth you wouldn't just buy a quality SDXC card instead of this thing. Seems more than a little fishy to me.

rated:
The cool thing about these is that you can plug them in and leave them (an SD card would stick out and likely break). That said, there's options that seem to be way less. I just bought one that is actually a host for a micro SD card for 25ish from Amazon

ETA:  This is the one I bought:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B012F38H9A/ref=oh_aui_detailpa...

If you are looking for one, be sure to get the one that goes with your specific MacBook model.  There are different ones by model year.

rated:
Spent $5 on this https://www.amazon.com/CY-Adaptor-Storage-Macbook-Retina/dp/B00S...
Can't confirm fit in others, but fits well on MBA; no reason it will not on other models.
CarlosF said:   The cool thing about these is that you can plug them in and leave them (an SD card would stick out and likely break). That said, there's options that seem to be way less. I just bought one that is actually a host for a micro SD card for 25ish from Amazon

ETA:  This is the one I bought:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B012F38H9A/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

If you are looking for one, be sure to get the one that goes with your specific MacBook model.  There are different ones by model year.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2016