Ringplus Mad Halloween Free Plan LIVE NOW for new lines and upgrades (activation $15) EXTENDED a FEW DAYS with new details. 

Open Flash Promo: LIVE NOW! https://social.ringplus.net/discussion/8840/mad-halloween-free-plan Monday 
October 31, 2016 @ 2pm Pacific until WEDNESDAY. 
- For New Members and current Members, New Activations and Plan Changes (equal to the amount of new member subscriptions). 
- Free Porting- It's a Halloween game . . . have fun!   
Mad Halloween Free PlanAllotments:2,000 Talk - 2,000 Text -2,000 MMS - 2,000 + more read below*  
*MB LTE Full Speed (tethering available for $3/week)

+Plus additional MB allotments: UP TO 6000 x4!!! The more up votes at deal sites adds extra allotments. 

Multiple choice, take the dialer and go big for the 6K prize or fall back to the $0/mo Free Mad Plan with 1000/x3 without using upcoming Dialer app. I just did an upgrade from an old commitment and balance covered top off. So $15 plus tax activation fee is like an upgrade fee. 

Check the ESN here https://my.ringplus.net/device_validation_requests/new  

76 Comments
Add Comment
Moderator Comment: This thread is mirrored to these forums: MOBILE, LAPTOPS, AND COMPUTERS, HOT DEALS. — Dec. 5, 2016 @ 2:43pm
rated:
FYI - "RingPlus Members with iPhones may be required to install the VoIP dialer. "

rated:
yes there are a lot of details I left out to keep it simple. I'm not sure how that dialer apps works but I think there is a a trial period and a downgrade offer included. Much remains to be seen but at least the R+ people are responding to questions in a timely fashion this time.

MORE INFO Regardless of the outcome, In December, with the availability of the VoIP and Smart dialer, the Halloween Plan becomes unlimited Talk & Text if you utilize one of the dialers. If you decide not to use the VoIP or smart dialer, your Plan will be downgraded to 1,000 Talk, 1,000 Text, and 1,000 MB plans (tethering also available for $3/week). -       Price: Free, $0/Month-       Activation fee: $15 (billed directly to your credit card). For Member+, the activation fee is $5 (drawn from your Top Up balance).*-       $20 initial Top Up balance occurs only if you have less than zero balance to cover overages.*-       Overages 10 cents per Minute, Text and MMS, MB or buy a one of our Add Ons for cheaper overages.* 

That cheap universal sim is still here http://shop.sprint.com/mysprint/shop/accessory/ao_details.jsp?ac... 

rated:
ringplus is great but pray you NEVER have a problem where you need to get a hold of somebody,,i put in a ticket 4 days ago and just got an email telling me nothing an ameteur wouldnt have known,,,try resetting your device and update PRL and profile,,,,I told them i did all that in my email 4 days ago....end result ..still no data, text or phone service..they are frustrating for sure,,,yeah my plan is free but no service for free really isnt a good deal...

rated:
There are lots of helpful people on the Ring Plus message area

rated:
@Monkeybiz
I have BLT 4750/Talk/Text/Data, do you suggest to go for Mad Halloween Plan, If yes please comment and also do you kow that BLT plan is Direct to Sprint or rerouted from R+?
TIA

rated:
I swapped in a Moto G4 for a Moto E last week and the Moto E shows its eligible for activation. There was a time when you had to wait a month on a swapped out phone. I'm actually thinking of trying a direct Sprint plan.  Stop me, I have too many R+ phones already.

rated:
MagicalWand said:   @Monkeybiz
I have BLT 4750/Talk/Text/Data, do you suggest to go for Mad Halloween Plan, If yes please comment and also do you that BLT plan is Direct to Sprint or rerouted from R+?
TIA

this is a personal choice and much depends on needs. I probably wouldn't dump a good BLT for this, it's too early to call where that is going in the future. I'm sitting tight on BLT and Brisket, not budging for now. Except I had a Commitment with huge top off on a good phone that only required the upgrade free and tax so easier to swallow $20. I gave up a lot of vices except gambling on Karl. So far it's worked out but I would be the first to complain if I didn't get my money's worth. 

rated:
At first I didn't understand the huge thumbs up on SD where its usually a very tough crowd for R+. Then I realized R+ are giving away more mb for each thumbs up. Hilarious!

rated:
Monkeybiz said:   
I have BLT 4750/Talk/Text/Data, do you suggest to go for Mad Halloween Plan, If yes please comment and also do you that BLT plan is Direct to Sprint or rerouted from R+?
TIA

this is a personal choice and much depends on needs. I probably wouldn't dump a good BLT for this, it's too early to call where that is going in the future. I'm sitting tight on BLT and Brisket, not budging for now. Except I had a Commitment with huge top off on a good phone that only required the upgrade free and tax so easier to swallow $20. I gave up a lot of vices except gambling on Karl. So far it's worked out but I would be the first to complain if I didn't get my money's worth. 

Thanks! what about is Sprint direct on BLT or not?

rated:
RobL said:   At first I didn't understand the huge thumbs up on SD where its usually a very tough crowd for R+. Then I realized R+ are giving away more mb for each thumbs up. Hilarious!
  Still 62 out of 102, so still tough!

rated:
yup, can I get some more green here? I gave up playing Fallout 4 for this!!

rated:
RobL said:   I swapped in a Moto G4 for a Moto E last week and the Moto E shows its eligible for activation. There was a time when you had to wait a month on a swapped out phone. I'm actually thinking of trying a direct Sprint plan.  Stop me, I have too many R+ phones already.

I can't stop you because there is no such thing as too many.

(From one addict to another) 
I may or may not drive with (3) phones on my dash... 

rated:
joemi said:   
RobL said:   I swapped in a Moto G4 for a Moto E last week and the Moto E shows its eligible for activation. There was a time when you had to wait a month on a swapped out phone. I'm actually thinking of trying a direct Sprint plan.  Stop me, I have too many R+ phones already.

I can't stop you because there is no such thing as too many.

(From one addict to another) 
I may or may not drive with (3) phones on my dash... 

Yeah there is, ignoring the rule of 1 free line per physical person when you can't remember to make a call every month (or 60days) per line that's too many and might cost you down the road.

rated:
I have BLT 4750/Talk/Text/Data, do you suggest to go for Mad Halloween Plan, If yes please comment and also do you kow that BLT plan is Direct to Sprint or rerouted from R+?
TIA

I wouldn't unless the voice latency is a huge issue for you to the point where the line is unusable and VOIP/FluidCall/Hangouts isn't an option for you. BLT is non-Mad (not direct Sprint) but it's a non-dialer required plan (legacy plan) with great allotments including MMS and full speed LTE so it's fairly valuable to the right person since it seems like these plans are going away. Unless voice lag is a major issue for you I'd keep it for the next few months until the new dialers come out and we see how things are shaping up.

rated:
But Joe was carpooling with other Ringplus users. It's true though that R+ has cracked down a lot to stay profitable. I'd be more careful following the rules now after the TOS and sixty day enforcement.

I would add, that for those MIA, Ringplus has been going through big changes to stay in business. I wanted to emphasize the Mad platform is completely different platform, your calls are routed directly over Sprint network without the R+ ad server and features. I'll miss some of those dashboard features but the voice quality is definitely better. If you must have large and free LTE then you may be a little late to the game. 

rated:
Green for not putting very hot in your title

rated:
No need. I have 3 iPhones (5, 6 Plus, 6S Plus) and I never used any voip dialer. All you need is a Sprint SIM card and unlocked iPhones. That's all. I have been using all 3 numbers for past 8 months without any issues. Hope this helps.

rated:

Yeah there is, ignoring the rule of 1 free line per physical person when you can't remember to make a call every month (or 60days) per line that's too many and might cost you down the road.

Just happened to me 2 hrs ago, grrrr.  So just upgraded to this plan.  Can't say Im happy about it, as previous plan was 3x3K with 5.99 month tethering.  Oh well...

rated:
Monkeybiz said:   yup, can I get some more green here? I gave up playing Fallout 4 for this!!
  YES!
And a thanks for posting a much better concise version of new R+ plans. I just can't bare to wade through the R+ forum discussions anymore as I grit my teeth reading good questions from confused new/current users about a new plan that seems to be in need of a proofreader. Problem is by the time some 12 pages of Q&A get posted on R+ the plan offer is over. The kids and I are happy with R+ and I've upgraded most plans several times but I'm at not broke/don't fix. 

And on the scary dialer, certainly there's a similar dialer from the XYZ dialer app company that looks/works like the proposed one that has so many upset. Might even be a demo on YouTube to look at. I just can't understand why there's not more information about it (that I can find on R+ forums). Just some ideas...

rated:
I didn't mean to imply legacy plans are going away. Recently karl said they don't intend to stop them from the Q&A with a mixed message  https://social.ringplus.net/discussion/8733/one-hour-question-and-answer-session
Q:I would like to know where my current Free and Mad plans stand going into the future. Am I to be forced out of those?

Thank you.

Edit Karl: Yes, Mad plans are going in the future. We have no current intention to close your current free plans.

rated:
Been waiting for a decent deal to jump in on ringplus. This looks fairly good to me. In for 1 line

rated:
I'm not seeing how a VoIP dialer will directly (mad) use sprints network.

rated:
knickdigger said:   I'm not seeing how a VoIP dialer will directly (mad) use sprints network.
  follow my last link, there are two apps, one is dialer over native Sprint, the other is VOIP.  the first is just to inject ads, not sure about the other. 
-----------
The Smart Dialer will utilize the standard voice channels offered by a cell phone network, not voice over Internet, therefore, offering superior call quality and circumventing inherent problems that still exist in VoIP technology that current users experience when traveling. The Smart Dialer will enable all RingPlus apps as well as Ringback tone radio stations from the handset. RingPlus will also offer a VoIP dialer that will directly connect to our switches, circumventing lengthy routing passes responsible for call delays 

rated:
trumpotron said:   ringplus is great but pray you NEVER have a problem where you need to get a hold of somebody,,i put in a ticket 4 days ago and just got an email telling me nothing an ameteur wouldnt have known,,,try resetting your device and update PRL and profile,,,,I told them i did all that in my email 4 days ago....end result ..still no data, text or phone service..they are frustrating for sure,,,yeah my plan is free but no service for free really isnt a good deal...
  not sure whether you still have problem and what phone you have. I had the same issue in april, but I found some suggestion from ringplus social site and solved the problem. here is the tips:

"I did the Factory Data Reset. The phone rebooted and went back to the "Starting services" screen for a second and then went to the Activating screen. From there, it did the "Updating profile" and "Updating
PRL file". It then completed activation, and everything works"

rated:
Mad Halloween Free Plan or Free Witch Hazel Plan - Which is better? Or what are the primary considerations between the two plans.

Mad Halloween
https://social.ringplus.net/discussion/8840/mad-halloween-free-p...

Witch Hazel
https://social.ringplus.net/discussion/8787/p1

rated:
norman801 said:   Mad Halloween Free Plan or Free Witch Hazel Plan - Which is better? Or what are the primary considerations between the two plans.

Mad Halloween
https://social.ringplus.net/discussion/8840/mad-halloween-free-plan%C2%A0Monday

Witch Hazel

Mad plans connect directly to Sprint and the voice quality should be better than with Witch Hazel.  Non-mad plans go through legacy R+ where you hear ringtone ad before the call is connected and there could be latency on the call.

rated:
does the fallback 1K plan has unlimited 2G data? TIA

rated:
Xam said:   does the fallback 1K plan has unlimited 2G data? TIA
  No unlimited 2G safety net. Mad promo 1 had it.

rated:
yeah no safety cap on this one but it's going up in caps with every upvote. 

Total right now

2000 Talk 2000 text 2000 MMs 2142 MB Full Speed

rated:
norman801 said:   Mad Halloween Free Plan or Free Witch Hazel Plan - Which is better? Or what are the primary considerations between the two plans.

Mad Halloween
https://social.ringplus.net/discussion/8840/mad-halloween-free-plan%C2%A0Monday 

Witch Hazel

Witch -
1,450 Talk -1,450 Text -1,450 MMS - 1,450 MB LTE Full Speed and & unlimited LTE at 2g data speed. Tethering included

IMO, if this is gonna be your main web access, I'd chose Witch Hazel.  Overage and tethering fees can add up.

rated:
tuskers said:   Green for not putting very hot in your title
  thanks, I already feel sleazy asking for up votes but it's adding up for everyone. I just brought FW to their attention, odd it wasn't counted yet. 

rated:
At first I didn't understand the huge thumbs up on SD where its usually a very tough crowd for R+. Then I realized R+ are giving away more mb for each thumbs up. Hilarious!  the folks on SD have been shilled so much on ring+ that they think karl is santa coming with FREE gifts. ho ho ho  and a shout out to my favorite one.

rated:
If you don't like the possible $15 Auto Top-Off minimum. FreedomPop allows disabling of Auto-Topoff for $5 deposit but their free plan is 200 talk/ 200 texts/ 200MB. But you could easily get 500MB more with Freedom Friends. They have promo right now with free 8GB MicroSD.
https://www.fatwallet.com/forums/hot-deals/1536161?showmessage=19677687#m19677687

rated:
great deal for me

rated:
It's up to 2250 MB now.

I'm not signing up to this plan (I have enough RingPlus lines at the moment) but wouldn't mind helping getting the data allotment bumped up.
Anyone have a list of links of where to upvote?

rated:
Have you voted on SD yet?  I am not switching plan this time but I cast my vote to support fellow Ringplus members to get more data.
Search SD forum with "RINGPLUS Mad Halloween Free Plan" and cast your vote.  It would be a wonderful plan if we can get 500 thumbs up there.

rated:
Ok. 1 for the gipper. TU but no changes here til the dialer reviews are out.

rated:
i need something cheap for my mom is this an option for her for basic smartphone usage (mostly on wifi anyway). shes on a tmobile plan now at ~$30 and not close to using whats in it. i can bring a Sprint phone over? or her blu tmobile phone?

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2016