posted 1 month ago by
ritzy344
Silly Member

Check your American Express offers for Newegg , spend $200 get $25 expires 12/31/2016.

8 Comments
Add Comment
rated:
Pro tip #1. If you are not buying anything for $200, buy Newegg GCs.
Pro tip #2. If buying Newegg gift cards, split it up, like buy 4 x $50 GCs (in a single transaction) to later combine with Visa check-out like offers. (In the past, it was possible to use Visa check-out discount even if most - but not all of the balance was paid with GCs.)
Pro tip #3. If Newegg is not your thing, check out their selection of branded gift cards.

rated:
This is available on most cards. You can also add the offer via Twitter with #AmexNewegg.

Newegg has an OK selection of merchant gift cards. If you can't find anything you like, the $200 eGift Visa is the best bet with a $9.95 fee so it's a $15 money maker. It can only be used online or on the phone and most people have bills they can pay with it. Otherwise, you can buy two $100 regular Visa gift cards but the profit is only $10 after fees.

The portal terms and conditions exclude gift cards but the cash back seems to be posting anyway. Of course YMMV. You can get 3% at Shopathome or 2% at Topcashback. I assume it's ok to mention this since FW is no longer offering cash back.

rated:
So with the virtual visa, I guess there's no real way to convert it to actual cash?

rated:
The American Express offers are great. Within an hour of making a purchase, I usually have an email from American Express saying, "you've successfully redeemed a promotion". I always get the statement credit right away too. In a world where rebates are a huge PITA and a big hassle, the American express promos are a breath of fresh air.

Wow... I sound like a paid AE spokesman!

rated:
I ordered a $200 Visa eGift, but when I tried to redeem the gift card, I got: "Certificate Activating Please try again in a few minutes." This is after I received the email for one and half hours. Just wonder how long I have to wait, or is there something wrong?

rated:
swc888 said:   I ordered a $200 Visa eGift, but when I tried to redeem the gift card, I got: "Certificate Activating Please try again in a few minutes." This is after I received the email for one and half hours. Just wonder how long I have to wait, or is there something wrong?

Should already be activated when you receive the email.

rated:
Anyone know if the $200 is pre or post tax? Looking at an item that is under $200 but will be over with tax and wondering if I need to add an item to be on the safe side.

rated:
dsp282 said:   Anyone know if the $200 is pre or post tax? Looking at an item that is under $200 but will be over with tax and wondering if I need to add an item to be on the safe side.
  AMEX only looks at the total charge.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2016