MSI Radeon RX 480 Gaming X 4GB  @ Newegg 
$199.99 - $25 AMEX -$20 Rebate = $154.99

American Express $25 off $200 promotion. 
Just need to add a small filler to get over $199.99

7 Comments
Add Comment
Moderator Comment: This thread is mirrored to these forums: MOBILE, LAPTOPS, AND COMPUTERS, HOT DEALS. — Dec. 5, 2016 @ 12:43pm
rated:
For a filler, I searched "adapters" and sorted by price.
I purchased something for .98 from the Marketplace and it still counted.
I received an email from American Express minutes after my order. It stated that I should be seeing the $25 credit on my Amex statement.

rated:
Good post joemi,I would think this is a hot deal and don't know why your not getting more green.Thought I read you need to use mobile app,which did you use?

rated:
ricksteer said:   Good post joemi,I would think this is a hot deal and don't know why your not getting more green.Thought I read you need to use mobile app,which did you use?

Thanks. Yeah, I thought it was a 'smoken deal. 

I didn't use the mobile app, just normal Newegg.com via a browser. 

I should have also mentioned that AMEX gives you free ShopRunner membership, so this card shipped via 2-day for free. 

rated:
The price is higher now but you get Civilization VI code with it..

rated:
and now the price is back and Civ 6 code is still there.. Can't resist any longer!

rated:
With all the discount (Sale price, Amex reward and rebate (assuming you get it)), it's a Great price for a very competitive Video card.

rated:
I bought this card today. For those in California, note that Newegg saves us sales tax by charging $59.99 for Civilization 6 and deducting that amount from the video card purchase, effectively lowering the price of the video card and the taxable amount. 

Video card is $199.99 - $59.99 = $140 + tax
Civilization is $59.99 (no tax due to electronic delivery)

Of course, the AMEX $25 promo makes this even better and the sales tax brings the total over $200 to qualify for the AMEX promo.

You'll see two charges for this purchase from Newgg on your card.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2016