I was hoping that Apple's big press event last week would reveal exciting under-the-skin changes to the Macbook or Macbook Air (more RAM? faster processor?) or new prices because we need to replace an aging notebook.No such luck.

I was happy to see that PortableOne is offering the MacBook (Apple MacBook 12" MLH72LL/A 1.1GHz Dual-Core Intel Core M3, 256GB Flash, 8GB RAM - Space Gray (Latest Model) for $1199 ($100 less than Apple). Shipping is free, and no sales tax if you are outside of California, saving me over $200 compared to what I would have paid if I had picked one up at the Apple Store yesterday. Gray, Silver, and Rose Gold are all this price -- gold is $70 more(?). Looks like the m5 models are also $100 off Apple's prices.

We bought our last Macbook from them ~6 years ago; shipping was quick, no complaints about service. They are an Apple Authorized Retailer.

Link: MacBook 12" 

I know it's only $100 off, but it beats anything on Google shopping and I couldn't find ANY discounted prices listed here at FW.

4 Comments
Add Comment
Moderator Comment: This thread is mirrored to these forums: MOBILE, LAPTOPS, AND COMPUTERS, HOT DEALS. — Dec. 5, 2016 @ 6:48am
rated:
keyboard you gotta get used to but with that great screen, it is a very lightweight love-able computer. Unfortunately my itunes is over 500gb (thanks videos!) and no upgrading apple....so for me to get 1tb in any mac will cost me 3k+ :/

rated:
critten said:   keyboard you gotta get used to but with that great screen, it is a very lightweight love-able computer. Unfortunately my itunes is over 500gb (thanks videos!) and no upgrading apple....so for me to get 1tb in any mac will cost me 3k+ :/

that is why i use google play to store (for free) most of my music online and stream. no need to take up valuable HD space.

rated:
critten said:   keyboard you gotta get used to but with that great screen, it is a very lightweight love-able computer. Unfortunately my itunes is over 500gb (thanks videos!) and no upgrading apple....so for me to get 1tb in any mac will cost me 3k+ :/
  Can't you just get a 1TB external drive and store the videos?

rated:
haha true i could do that but it is the full seasons of tv shows i like to have when i travel abroad every month (really helps when you are in a country with limited channels...can't stand richard quest all day). no big deal, got a Dell xps 13 + 1tb ssd I put in all for around 1k.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2016