posted 1 month ago by
Fish

Update: The deal got even better.  Now they have another brand which has two pack  60W LEDs  for 99 cents.  These are the same 800 lumens but the color temp is 2700.

I picked up a few of these today.  They had two different brands with similar specs of  800 Lumens and color temp of 3000. 

8 Comments
Add Comment
rated:
Thanks for heads up! That is awesome! Might want to include that this is YMMV due to different stock at different Dollar Tree locations

rated:
Let us know if the LED bulbs hums when you dim them. thanks

rated:
Where is the store that has these?

rated:
I can't find these in any DT stores around Tampa. I even tried dollartree.com they did not even show up on the web site.
What stores did you find them in?

rated:
I have several installed, here in Raleigh
No hum

rated:
Like others, I checked one of my local DT stores and nothing was found. Hey they did have 100W Incandescent bulbs still available. Give them time, locally it took as bit for them to start having CFL bulbs (bought several over the years from them) so suspect LEDs will take at least as long.

rated:
OP, thanks for the tip! I stopped by my closest DollarTree and they didn't have any two-packs, but they had tons of the other two (similar-spec'd) single-pack 3000K bulbs. I picked up a tray-full (25 count). A girl who worked at the store stopped me as I was walking by and told me that they were sold 20 per customer so that I should just instruct the cashier that I wanted to split my order up. Friendly, helpful service!

I do wish my store had the 2-pack 2700K bulbs, since I prefer the warmer temp, though I suspect that the difference between 2700K and 3000K is pretty hard to detect.

Having said all that...after leaving the DollarTree I stopped by Home Depot and discovered that prices in general have dropped quite a bit since the last time I went shopping. There I found some Philips 4-pack bulbs that (I think) were about $3/bulb. They are 2700K but have a variable temp when dimmed that gets to a yellower/oranger 2200K when at their dimmest. I ended up buying a few 4-packs of these for my dining room where I often like to dim my bulbs real low for the mood.

rated:
Value and stock will VARY at Dollar Tree.. some stores for ex. stock TONS of the 30oz Dish soap, but quickly sell out of the 50oz Dish soap or better yet don't even stock it most times in the ghetto stores that want more PROFIT for themselves! You just have to boycott those stores! Good thing is there are a ton of em in NYC so it is possible to see decent value at ONE of 'em. 50 cents a bulb ($1+tax two packs) would be an awesome price for 800 lumen bulbs!

Too bad they're not doing any coupons for BF.. haven't seen any BF ads.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2016