posted 1 month ago by
TWrudy1978

Amazon - Buy the Netgear AC1750 Smart Wifi Router (R6700) and you basically get a free cable modem (8x4 - CM400).  Regular price is $179.99 and the combo deal price is $129.99.  The R6400 dropped in price a little this week to $123, so the current savings is $43.  Expiration date is not listed.

https://www.amazon.com/NETGEAR-Smart-Wi-Fi-Router-Bundle/dp/B016...

8 Comments
Add Comment
rated:
I have no idea if the modem is any good, but I have this router, and it's pretty fantastic.  It's the R6400, which sometimes sells for as low as $110 ($90 on Black Friday last year), but normally sits around $120.  This is a really good deal assuming the modem is any good.  Thanks OP!

rated:
great deal. Pretty much everything you need to set up your home wifi.

rated:
I owned the R6400 and it works very well!! ^_^

rated:
The 8x4 netgear cm400 will only run @ 100M on Time Warner Cable (now Spectrum)
The approved modems and speeds are listed here.

rated:
The price is not the lowest, i'd ever seen $90 for this router.

rated:
Just my two cents, but I am literally about to call Netgear tonight (3rd time in two days) about this very same combo set.

BE WARNED, their tech support it not cheap. The 1 year warranty applies only to hardware (router doesn't power up, that kind of thing). Anything else falls into their 90-day tech support umbrella. If you need ANY kind of help after 90 days, it is $90 for 6 months of support, and $140 for a year of support. You will get absolutely zero assistance if you do not pay these fees. Their technicians (easy enough to understand despite their thick accents) are woefully poor at troubleshooting any sticky issues (like me being unable to access my router configuration settings). I will never buy another Netgear product. That being said, my Internet connection is reliable and I have no other gripes about the devices themselves.

rated:
I agree with above! Technical support is awful! Wanted to charge me an outrageous amount to trouble shoot a router that was only 3 months old. More that what I paid for the router! I just said why would I pay you that amount when I could go buy another router for cheaper than the support! I ended up figuring the problem on my own!  Never again will I buy anything Netgear ever!

rated:
Reading the reviews on Amazon shows that this router is a solid performer.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2016