if you have a classic AMEX with membership rewards (not airline miles type cards) you can now convert Mme. Rewards at a 50% bonus to plenti.

For instance, converting 1000 amex points (worth $10) will yield 1500 PLENTI points. they are redeemable on a 1/1 basis at Rite Aid (can be used to pay for RX'es), Exxon/Mobil for gasoline.

www.plenti.com

www.americanexpress.com

31 Comments
Add Comment
Moderator Comment: Thank you for your participation. Please note that there is also discussion about this topic Here. — Nov. 4, 2016 @ 9:28pm
Moderator Comment: This thread is mirrored to these forums: FINANCE, GROCERY & DRUGSTORE, HOT DEALS. — Dec. 7, 2016 @ 12:27pm
rated:
As he said, Membership Points cards only.  I chatted with Amex about this a while back. 
I received email offer but unable to sign up-- because I have a cash back card.  You would think they would look at one's card before sending offer.

rated:
What do you need to convert to plentipoints?

Works for Amex HHonors card?

rated:
how do the plenti points work at Rite Aid  etc?  in your example it would have a value of $15. ?

rated:
dentee said:   how do the plenti points work at Rite Aid  etc?  in your example it would have a value of $15. ?
  yes, that is correct, each 100 points is worth $1. so 1000 points is $10.  You simply enter in your phone # linked to your plenti account or have your PLENTI card scanned at the start of the order and choose PLENTI as payment, you will need to enter your pin to finalize it

if you don't have enough points to cover the full amount, it will deduct the points and you pay the rest in cash/cc.
other good thing is, all plenti points roll.

if you pay with points, you'll earn points if you buy an item with a points offer.

rated:
So if I have for example 100,000 points available, I can potentially make $500 by converting them over?

Does Rite Aid permit gift card purchases using this payment method?

rated:
MrRetro said:   So if I have for example 100,000 points available, I can potentially make $500 by converting them over?

Does Rite Aid  permit gift card purchases using this payment method?

No, can't use points on GC's, but can use them for RX copays. also, the gasoline option at Exxon is a great one. 

PS, I don't know if Amex has a cap on how many points you can convert.

rated:
MISTERCHEAP said:   
 I don't know if Amex has a cap on how many points you can convert.

I converted 20 thousand points with no problem.  There's nothing to indicate there is a cap.

rated:
MISTERCHEAP said:   
dentee said:   how do the plenti points work at Rite Aid  etc?  in your example it would have a value of $15. ?
  yes, that is correct, each 100 points is worth $1. so 1000 points is $10.  

this offer makes it  50% better?

rated:
needhelpplease said:   
MISTERCHEAP said:   
  yes, that is correct, each 100 points is worth $1. so 1000 points is $10.  

this offer makes it  50% better?

right, convert to Plenti, 1000 Amex Points is 1500 Plenti.

rated:
I have been doing this for 3 months now.
using Exxon station exclusively since then!
Trying to pay my AT&T bill (in store) using Plenti. If that goes thru (1 try had been no success), it will be SWEET.
I will convert 80,000 points for $1200

rated:
Amby said:   I have been doing this for 3 months now.
Trying to pay my AT&T bill (in store) using Plenti. If that goes thru (1 try had been no success), it will be SWEET.

I read in the terms that you can only use $25. worth of points max for gas, is that right?  If you wanted to fill up can you use $25 worth of the points and then the rest with cash or debit?

rated:
The gas pump asks if you want to use $25 in pts.  I've not seen an option for any other amount.
I always click "no" and it goes on to ask for other source of payment.
If I wanted to use my points I'd pump $25 worth.  Complete the transaction then start again as if I was next customer, kwim?

rated:
dentee said:   
Amby said:   I have been doing this for 3 months now.

I read in the terms that you can only use $25. worth of points max for gas, is that right?  If you wanted to fill up can you use $25 worth of the points and then the rest with cash or debit?

Right as Maine points out, just pump only $25 to match up to the points redemption. if you need $5 more in gas, pump that as a separate purchase.

rated:
When you say "Yes" to use $x.xx points ($25 or your points balance, whichever is less) at Exxon, it will still ask for a credit/debit card.  It will first use the points, up to $25, and the remaining balance will be charged to your credit/debit card.

rated:
This is the normal sequence: purchase -> 1st statement -> pay -> 2nd statement with points available

If I do this: purchase -> pay -> 1st statement, would the points be available, or do I still have to wait for the 2nd statement? 2nd statement will be in January, too late for the 50% bonus.

rated:
invisible said:   What do you need to convert to plentipoints?

Works for Amex HHonors card?

Answer to first question, for other newbies to plenti points ( I got from original thread of which this is repo)  : https://rewards.americanexpress.com/myca/loyalty/us/catalog/view...

rated:
Can we use plenti points to pay ATT?

rated:
Just FYI, it's a pretty bad deal. You're locking into 1.5 cents/point value at the maximum while Amex MRs are much more valuable than that. On top of that, I wouldn't value Plenti at 1 cent either. If you're using them at RA, you might simply buy RA gift cards from 3rd party at close to 20% discount so Plenti is close to 0.8 cents. Exxon is not much better unless you'd chose to fill up there anyway. Usually it's quite a bit more expensive than other gas stations, e.g. Costco.

rated:
Yoksel said:   You're locking into 1.5 cents/point value at the maximum while Amex MRs are much more valuable than that.

such as?

rated:
3c3 said:   
Yoksel said:   You're locking into 1.5 cents/point value at the maximum while Amex MRs are much more valuable than that.

such as?

Business class award tickets with a number of airlines
Short-haul economy award tickets via transfer to British Airways 
If you have Amex Platinum Business, MRs are worth 2 cents when redeemed for travel on your preferred (preselected) airline

rated:
Yoksel said:   Just FYI, it's a pretty bad deal. You're locking into 1.5 cents/point value at the maximum while Amex MRs are much more valuable than that. On top of that, I wouldn't value Plenti at 1 cent either. If you're using them at RA, you might simply buy RA gift cards from 3rd party at close to 20% discount so Plenti is close to 0.8 cents. Exxon is not much better unless you'd chose to fill up there anyway. Usually it's quite a bit more expensive than other gas stations, e.g. Costco.

Good luck finding RA GC's at a 20% off face, doesn't happen.  Costco membership costs $55, and there are Amex offers now and periodically for Exxon.   Not to mention. PLENTI points ROLL at RA so you can use your initial investment to get LOTS of free merchandise without any oop.  The co-pay use like cash is a HUGE perk for many, especially those who must first meet a deductible or have a  20-40% copay on some drugs. 

Using the airline example for most is silly, many people don't have the airline card  don't even have 10K points and don't fly overseas to use biz class. that is a very small minority of people who benefit from your example.

rated:
I've had Plenti points stolen from 3 separate card numbers. I've given up on the Plenti program.

I'd avoid converting any significant amount of points unless you plan to spend them right away.

rated:
zulugrid said:   I've had Plenti points stolen from 3 separate card numbers. I've given up on the Plenti program.

I'd avoid converting any significant amount of points unless you plan to spend them right away.

that seems odd, a pin # must be entered to redeem them. I've never had an issue.

rated:
MISTERCHEAP said:   
  said:

that seems odd, a pin # must be entered to redeem them. I've never had an issue.

Actually at Rite Aid  they only require a PIN once in a blue moon. I have done dozens and dozens of transactions at Rite Aid  and I think I only had to enter the PIN once or twice. Most of the time my transactions go through without a PIN being entered. Not sure about Exxon Mobil as I have never redeemed there yet.

rated:
MrVietnam said:   
MISTERCHEAP said:   
  said:

Actually at Rite Aid  they only require a PIN once in a blue moon. I have done dozens and dozens of transactions at Rite Aid  and I think I only had to enter the PIN once or twice. Most of the time my transactions go through without a PIN being entered. Not sure about Exxon Mobil as I have never redeemed there yet.

Mr. V, I should have clarified, I mean transactions where I REDEEM POINTS require the PIN.

rated:
I think a PIN is only required if you use your phone #; pretty sure it's not required if you swipe your Plenti card.

rated:
MISTERCHEAP said:   
MrVietnam said:   
MISTERCHEAP said:   
  said:

Mr. V, I should have clarified, I mean transactions where I REDEEM POINTS require the PIN.

That is what I am talking about: redeeming points at Rite Aid . I have very rarely been asked for a PIN when redeeming points. I think No Money might be on to something. They probably only require a PIN when you use a phone number.

rated:
MrVietnam said:   
MISTERCHEAP said:   
MrVietnam said:   
MISTERCHEAP said:   
  said:

That is what I am talking about: redeeming points at Rite Aid  . I have very rarely been asked for a PIN when redeeming points. I think No Money might be on to something. They probably only require a PIN when you use a phone number.

ahh, yes, that's what I do, use a phone #. But a pin # should be universal for however you give your Plenti info IMO.

rated:
I don't know the phone numbers associated with my cards.  They might be fictional, IDK.  I swipe my card and never need a PIN.
Same at Sears/KM btw.  If you swipe card no PIN needed.

OT but if you shop Newegg they're giving 4% back in Plenti pts right now.

rated:
Reporting on a perfect experience just now.
$35 purchase at Macy's - put items in cart.
On a different browser I created a PLENTI account, linked to AMEX, transferred 2,000 points.
I refreshed my Macy's cart with my PLENTI account, and it confirmed 3,000 points (50% bonus) available to credit $30 of my purchase.

In summary:
Very quick process
Easy to navigate
I may stick around for more of PLENTI =)

rated:
New Plenti account and linked Amex and transferred points. 150% of points appeared in Plenti account ASAP.

Went to Mobil. Pressed button for <Plenti> purchase. <Convert points to $25 reward> shows on screen. Don't have card yet, so manually input 16 digit Plenti account #. Asked for Plenti PIN. No confirmation and screen switched to asking for payment type <Credit> or <Debit>. Swiped my credit card. Zip code. Go.

Have small 10 gallon tank, so less than $25 of rewards used up. Did not subtract 2500 points by account, it only subtracted points equal to what I pumped according to on screen and print out.

Thanks OP!

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2016