Avatar
posted 1 month ago by
MilleniumBuc
Scrouds Butch

Details
Get 10% back as a statement credit each time you use your enrolled Card to make a payment on your insurance bill by 12/31/16. Limit of $30 in total statement credits. See terms for additional exclusions.

Terms
Enrollment is limited. Offer only valid for transactions made in the US or on US websites. Offer is limited to a total of $30 in statement credits per American Express® online account. Must add offer to/enroll Card and use same Card to make the eligible purchases. Offer is non-transferable. If you order an item during the offer period but it is not sent/provided to you until after 12/31/16, it may not qualify for the offer. Statement credit will appear on your billing statement within 90 days after 12/31/16, provided that American Express receives information from the merchant about your qualifying purchase. Note that American Express may not receive information about your eligible purchase from merchant until all items from your eligible purchase have been provided/shipped by merchant. Statement credit may be reversed if eligible purchase is returned/cancelled. If American Express does not receive information that identifies your transaction as an eligible purchase, or if there is a delay in merchants submitting transactions to us, you will not receive the statement credit. For example, your transaction will not qualify if it is not made directly with the merchant. In addition, in most cases, you will not receive the statement credit if your transaction is made with an electronic wallet or through a third party or if the merchant uses a mobile or wireless card reader to process it. By adding an offer to a Card, you agree that American Express may send you communications about the offer. POID: CE4R:0001 

5327 Views
21 Comments
Add Comment
rated:
I have looked all over the Amex offers on my account and find nothing about this.  Could it be targeted to only you?
 

rated:
Does State Farm allow for anyone to use AutoPay with American Express?

rated:
2/5, both of them spousal cards

rated:
Got this on all cards. I usually pay insurance with whatever 5% or 6% quarter it is, so I may have been targeted because I have never paid insurance with an AMEX.

rated:
Which card gives you the 5% or 6% if you pay your insurance?

rated:
Just paid insurance YESTERDAY...

Need to check and see if this is on any of my accounts, or on the wife's.  If so, will pay again (using each card that has the deal) then call insurance and tell them to refund OVERAGE to the OTHER card I originally used!

otherwise, I'll use this for Harley insurance next month...

rated:
Sigh. I got this on cable and cell bill.

rated:
charshaf1 said:   Which card gives you the 5% or 6% if you pay your insurance?
  
Well for instance, 5% cashback at Sam's on Discover and Chase Freedom. Some Amex cards always get 6% back at the grocery store. Depending on the size gift card you buy, knock off a percent or so...

rated:
Car, home, medical, and life all included?

rated:
dealsnmoredeals said:   
charshaf1 said:   Which card gives you the 5% or 6% if you pay your insurance?
  
Well for instance, 5% cashback at Sam's on Discover and Chase Freedom. Some Amex cards always get 6% back at the grocery store. Depending on the size gift card you buy, knock off a percent or so...

  What does Sam's have to do with insurance?

rated:
russ0519 said:   
dealsnmoredeals said:   
charshaf1 said:   Which card gives you the 5% or 6% if you pay your insurance?
  
Well for instance, 5% cashback at Sam's on Discover and Chase Freedom. Some Amex cards always get 6% back at the grocery store. Depending on the size gift card you buy, knock off a percent or so...

  What does Sam's have to do with insurance?

If you earn 5% or 6% @ Sam's, buy a GC from there that you can then use to pay for your insurance. Which GC that may be is an exercise for you (hint: there's a service/activation fee for such GC's).

rated:
TheDiggler said:   
russ0519 said:   
dealsnmoredeals said:   
charshaf1 said:   Which card gives you the 5% or 6% if you pay your insurance?
  
Well for instance, 5% cashback at Sam's on Discover and Chase Freedom. Some Amex cards always get 6% back at the grocery store. Depending on the size gift card you buy, knock off a percent or so...

  What does Sam's have to do with insurance?

If you earn 5% or 6% @ Sam's, buy a GC from there that you can then use to pay for your insurance. Which GC that may be is an exercise for you (hint: there's a service/activation fee for such GC's).

  So in other words pretty useless?  Unless you do something like $500 GC, assuming they even sell Visa/MC GC - I guess you can save $25 on $500 (assuming $5.95 activation fee and 5% CB).  

I did the churn thing with shop rite at one point when amex had an offer there, and it's not something I would do for 5%.  The amount of time it wastes far outweighs the amount of $ you get. 

rated:
Nice, have this on 2 cards, time to split payment due for car insurance between those two cards! Thanks for the heads up OP.

rated:
russ0519 said:   So in other words pretty useless?  Unless you do something like $500 GC, assuming they even sell Visa/MC GC - I guess you can save $25 on $500 (assuming $5.95 activation fee and 5% CB).
That's basically it, except w/ a $5.95 activation fee you're only saving (at most) $19.05 on $500 (after you deduct the $5.95 fee from the $25 of "profit.")

russ0519 said:   I did the churn thing with shop rite at one point when amex had an offer there, and it's not something I would do for 5%.  The amount of time it wastes far outweighs the amount of $ you get. 
The churn thing is a lot less of a time waster when you're able to spend the GC(s) (on an insurance bill for example) than having to go through the motions of converting it to a cash convertible instrument (a process that typically involves even more time and fees, further eroding the $19.05 "profit").


  

rated:
dugger9300 said:   Does State Farm allow for anyone to use AutoPay with American Express?
  
Yes

rated:
It did not specify which type of insurance. I would venture to say that all mentioned (auto, health, home) could be covered after a call since no insurance was mentioned as an exception.

rated:
TheDiggler said:   
  
Doing it that way is too much work and waste. It's easily over 20%, but I won't mention how because then everybody and their brother will ruin it. It's been mentioned on FW a few times. 

rated:
It could be difficult to find an insurance statement for $300. My insurance bills are $6,000 yearly. But I am very happy with 10%, Thanks OP

rated:
russ0519 said:   
TheDiggler said:   
russ0519 said:   
dealsnmoredeals said:   
charshaf1 said:   Which card gives you the 5% or 6% if you pay your insurance?
  
Well for instance, 5% cashback at Sam's on Discover and Chase Freedom. Some Amex cards always get 6% back at the grocery store. Depending on the size gift card you buy, knock off a percent or so...

  What does Sam's have to do with insurance?

If you earn 5% or 6% @ Sam's, buy a GC from there that you can then use to pay for your insurance. Which GC that may be is an exercise for you (hint: there's a service/activation fee for such GC's).

  So in other words pretty useless?  Unless you do something like $500 GC, assuming they even sell Visa/MC GC - I guess you can save $25 on $500 (assuming $5.95 activation fee and 5% CB).  

I did the churn thing with shop rite at one point when amex had an offer there, and it's not something I would do for 5%.  The amount of time it wastes far outweighs the amount of $ you get. 

  I don't see it as a waste of time. I try to do every deal that I can for Amex/Visa/MC gift cards. They are easy to spend: pay utility bills, buy Amazon GC's, etc.

rated:
Anyone get this offer on Amex Blue?

rated:
mistashady said:   Anyone get this offer on Amex Blue?

yes

  • Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply
     
    Click here for full-featured reply.


Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2016