posted 1 month ago by
letsspendlotsofmoney
Broke Member

EF 70-300 F/4-5.6 IS USMThe EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6 IS USM telephoto zoom lens has been developed to meet the high-performance standards that today's photographers demand. Improved Image Stabilizer Technology provides up to three stops of "shake" correction, and the "Mode 2" option stabilizes images while panning with a moving subject. Compared to the original Canon EF 75-300mm IS zoom lens, this telephoto lens has faster autofocus, and overall the lens is lighter and has a smaller diameter than the original. The zoom ring can be locked at the 70mm position, making this powerful lens easy to transport, too.

• Focal Length: 70-300mm
  • Maximum Aperture: f/4-5.6
  • Lens Construction: 15 elements in 10 groups
  • Front-focusing method with helicoid ring drive
  • 6-group helical zoom (rotational angle: 84°
  • 58mm filter size
  • 1 Year Refurbished Camera Limited Warranty

Main Unit Spec
Focal Length & Maximum Aperture 70-300mm 1:4-5.6
Diagonal Angle of View 34 - 8 15'
Focus Adjustment Lens extension via inner focusing and focus cam plus floating mechanism
Closest Focusing Distance 1.2m/ 3.9ft
Filter Size 67 mm dia., P=0.75 mm /1 filter
Max. Diameter x Length, Weight 3.5 x 5.6 in, 2.31 lbs. / 89 x 143mm, 1050g

7 Comments
Add Comment
rated:
I bought this refurbished lens a few years back and used it to shoot my kid's Rugby matches. I was able to get some amazing sharp photos of the action. The stabilizer works great.

rated:
FYI - I believe there has been a new version of this lens announced and soon to be released. You should check the specs before commiting to this older model. Also, it wouldn't surprise me if you receive a new in box not a refurb, just to clear out old stock.

rated:
correct, new lens details http://petapixel.com/2016/09/15/canons-new-70-300mm-ii-first-lcd...

sounds like the biggest functional difference is quicker focusing speed.

i'd expect it to be $400-$500+ for quite a while

rated:
I bought this lens used from a close friend a couple years ago for $300 and thought I stole it from him... at $220 it's a steal if you have a need. I still find myself grabbing my 50mm 1.8mk1 that came with my first canon eos650 in 1986... 30 years old and sharp as a tack, just shot over 500 photos with it in the last two weeks.

rated:
Picked up one to replace my EF 75-300mm f/4-5.6 III. Thanks OP!

rated:
Been wanting a zoom lens, and was talking to a buddy this weekend about how one would have been Handy while we were taking pics of the NYC Marathon!

Thanks OP - in for one! Not the L I've been dreaming of, but at this price, and for how little I'll use it - absolutely amazing!

rated:
This is a great lens and a great price. Just one warning. Sometimes lenses get returned because at a particular focal length (usually somewhere in the middle range) they have a soft spot. The returned lens come to a technician who tests it for function and a few shots for focus, finds no problems, cleans it up and sends it to the refurbished pile. But the original problem is still there.

If I got one of these lenses I would immediately check very carefully for soft focus spots at a wide variety of focal lengths. You don't want to be shooting down the road and only then discover the problem.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2016