• filter:
  • Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
Voting History
rated:
For the next 90 days, get a taste of the elite life with Hilton HHonors.
We’ll match your elite status with any other loyalty program.You’ll also have the opportunity to extend your status match through March 31, 2018,
when you stay with us over the next 90 days. If you’re matched to Gold status,
you’ll just need to complete 4 stays. If you’re matched to Diamond, you’ll need 8 stays.*

Linkymoo

Member Summary

hilton (7.64kB)
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
Good timing.  Headed to Nashville Hilton Sunday.  Hope the upgrade comes through by then.

rated:
not to be a downer, but diamond member for the last 3 years -- and I rarely get any upgrades. not really worth much to me, breakfast is cool. points are stupidly inflated 25-80k per hotel redemption per night (i only use points on waldorf/conrad points+cash). Marriott has been much nicer to me as a midtier member- but business opts hilton.

rated:
Thanks op. I'm a Marriott person but a few places I visit are Hilton only. This will be perfect.

rated:
I'm looking for a program that goes the other way - been an Honors Diamond member for years, would like to try and get matched status in Mariott Rewards - anyone know of such a program?

rated:
Thanks op. I'm with Marriott for many years. This year I am at the Platinum Elite status, but i do not feel that I get any better treatment. I never got any room upgrade, only those gift and extra points. This will help me to get to know Hilton program.

rated:
jross424 said:   I'm looking for a program that goes the other way - been an Honors Diamond member for years, would like to try and get matched status in Mariott Rewards - anyone know of such a program?

You can always ASK, they do sometimes match.  Particularly if you are a heavy traveller.  

zong24 said: Thanks op. I'm with Marriott for many years. This year I am at the Platinum Elite status, but i do not feel that I get any better treatment. I never got any room upgrade, only those gift and extra points. This will help me to get to know Hilton program.

Marriott was always more for the bonus points than upgrades, I used to be Platinum Elite.  Marriott tends to do bonuses like in-room gifts and extended service for its elites instead of upgrades.   Of course since I was long term other than breakfast the gift/services were Meh.  One property gave me one each month once.    

I got a FEW upgrades, but not many - I was a very long term guest in most properties and they don't like to lose the upgrade rooms for weeks.  I also stayed at mid tier business properties so that was part of it too.  (Courtyards, Spring Hill, and Residence Inn
mostly)  

rated:
My only current premium status is with Wyndham Rewards (earned via stays, my travel was weird this year). I wonder if they'll match that as it's not in their drop down.

rated:
zong24 said:   Thanks op. I'm with Marriott for many years. This year I am at the Platinum Elite status, but i do not feel that I get any better treatment. I never got any room upgrade, only those gift and extra points. This will help me to get to know Hilton program.

Platinum Elite for years and years (lifetime gold). Depending on the kind of Marriott property, besides the mandatory platinum arrival gift/points, you often get nothing but a 'thank you for being an elite member' read by the clerk when it pops up on the the computer screen. I always get something good at the JW's I stay at (fruit and cheese tray, wine, room upgrade, etc.), almost never at the Residence Inn
/Springhill Suites (they really don't have upgraded rooms more or less...and not much to offer that everyone doesn't already get). In between ones (e.g. Courtyard
, Marriott, etc.) vary based on if it is their busy season, if you emailed the concierge prior to arrival (I often to with some logistics questions for shipping stuff, have noticed I'm often upgraded on those stays more than others). I went to Alaska in the middle of winter and got a nice upgrade, went a few months later in summer and nothing...just depends.

That said, also been Hilton Diamond for a handful of years...now THAT is a barebones/low value loyalty system. Free breakfast and internet. Never once got anything else.

rated:
jarfykk said:   
zong24 said:   Thanks op. I'm with Marriott for many years. This year I am at the Platinum Elite status, but i do not feel that I get any better treatment. I never got any room upgrade, only those gift and extra points. This will help me to get to know Hilton program.

Platinum Elite for years and years (lifetime gold). Depending on the kind of Marriott property, besides the mandatory platinum arrival gift/points, you often get nothing but a 'thank you for being an elite member' read by the clerk when it pops up on the the computer screen. I always get something good at the JW's I stay at (fruit and cheese tray, wine, room upgrade, etc.), almost never at the Residence Inn 
/Springhill Suites (they really don't have upgraded rooms more or less...and not much to offer that everyone doesn't already get). In between ones (e.g. Courtyard 
, Marriott, etc.) vary based on if it is their busy season, if you emailed the concierge prior to arrival (I often to with some logistics questions for shipping stuff, have noticed I'm often upgraded on those stays more than others). I went to Alaska in the middle of winter and got a nice upgrade, went a few months later in summer and nothing...just depends.

That said, also been Hilton Diamond for a handful of years...now THAT is a barebones/low value loyalty system. Free breakfast and internet. Never once got anything else.

Marriott used to be very aggressive in marketing.  They gave me Platinum when I made 39 nights in a short period which caused me to abandon Hilton for many years.  
  I agree there are not a lot of worthwhile benefits in both programs.  However once in a while I got some really nice deals.  For example,  5 nights at Marriott Grand Flora Rome in Italy for 160000 points was a fantastic deal IMO...
  Hilton points may worth a lot less on a per point basis but the promotions can be really crazy.  In addition to the double points promo I received a triple points offer if I book by using the Hilton App.
  Also I found the availability of properties also differ..   From my personal experiences Hilton has more availability in domestic locations while Marriott seems to have more international locations. (even more so with SPG properties...)
  I started using Hilton again in 2015 after receiving some very disrespectful services and given a terrible room  at a very rundown bay area property.   It was a no brainer because Hilton has all the newer properties at almost the similar prices.
  Now I think it is better to have both.  Having choices is always nice and the quality and availability of their properties can vary a lot depending on the particular location.

rated:
Do Plats still get guaranteed reservations? That came in Handy during a hurricane evacuation once. Also Hilton needs proof of stay within past year with other program to keep out lifetime status people like myself.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2016