Office Depot OfficeMax Rewards: Duracell AA/AAA battery 16 packs, Pay $13.99 Get back $13.98 in rewards, Limit 2 per week (11/25/2016 - 12/31/2016)

Duracell® Alkaline AA/AAA 16-PK Batteries
Pay $13.99 Get back $13.98 in rewards
11/25/2016 - 12/31/2016
Limit 2 -- 2 TOTAL not 2 per SKU -- per week
Valid in-store and online

Offer noted in the online version of the in-store flyer, page 1:  

Office Depot Rewards Offer page (when updated): http://www.officedepot.com/a/content/loyalty/rewardsoffers/ 

Product Page: http://www.officedepot.com/catalog/search.do?items=651674+242237 

Note 1: This is a fixed Bonus Rewards offer. Since there is mention of "separate payout" in the terms (see the terms in the online version of the in-store ad), this is not a points offer. The separate payout will be in the form of a separate Rewards Certificate. There will be no notice of the fixed Bonus Rewards amount earned in the Rewards Account until the separate Rewards Certificates are made available. The Rewards Certificates from separate payout offers are generally made available within 5 weeks after the offer ends. And take notice that the offer ends 12/31/2016.

Note 2: Per the terms of the program, Rewards earned -- and hence Rewards payouts -- are reduced by the extent the rewards purchase is paid for with Rewards, coupons or Merchandise Cards.

TERMS: Bonus Rewards: Duracell Batteries: Valid in-store, online, by phone or fax from 11/25/16 – 12/31/16 11:59 PM ET or while supplies last, whichever occurs first. Limit 2 offers per member per week. This offer cannot be combined with other Bonus Reward offers on the same or similar products and services. Allow up to 5 weeks after the promotion ends for Rewards to become available in your account. These rewards will be issued as a separate reward certificate from your Program reward certificate. 

THANKS TO BPVH for info.

26 Comments
Add Comment
More deals in the official Office Depot coupon thread.
rated:
Green for you, MC. Sounds great, but what to do with all those rewards purchasing for those 6 weeks would generate? That would be close to $168 in rewards if you bought 2 packs of batteries for each of the 6 weeks. I already have enough postage stamps for years to come. Not easy to monetize rewards at OD

rated:
Can the rewards be used to purchase Gift card?

rated:
MrVietnam said:   Green for you, MC. Sounds great, but what to do with all those rewards purchasing for those 6 weeks would generate? That would be close to $168 in rewards if you nought 2 packs of batteries for each of the 6 weeks. I already have enough postage stamps for years to come. Not easy to monetize rewards at OD
  Just buy 1 pack in November and 1 pack in December and recycle 10 carts each time for $20 each month as the batteries are a qualifying purchase. You should be able to find something to buy at OD with the ink recycling and fixed rewards from the batteries w/o being in over one's head with trying to get your money back on over priced office supply goods which tend to be full on retail.

rated:
snpjen said:   Can the rewards be used to purchase Gift card?

no, but they can be used to buy postage stamps. (books of 20 or rolls of 100)

rated:
mathfaster said:   
MrVietnam said:   Green for you, MC. Sounds great, but what to do with all those rewards purchasing for those 6 weeks would generate? That would be close to $168 in rewards if you nought 2 packs of batteries for each of the 6 weeks. I already have enough postage stamps for years to come. Not easy to monetize rewards at OD
  Just buy 1 pack in November and 1 pack in December and recycle 10 carts each time for $20 each month as the batteries are a qualifying purchase. You should be able to find something to buy at OD with the ink recycling and fixed rewards from the batteries w/o being in over one's head with trying to get your money back on over priced office supply goods which tend to be full on retail.

I don't do mass recycling of ink carts.

rated:
Same promo Staples used to run. Same challenge to spend the money. Duracell batteries have been much lower quality past few years, I have had many leakers. Very surprising, but Duracell was acquired in 2005 and then P&G sold it in 2014 to Berkshire Hathaway. My leakers were acquired during P&G ownership.

rated:
EradicateSpam said:   Same promo Staples used to run. Same challenge to spend the money. Duracell batteries have been much lower quality past few years, I have had many leakers. Very surprising, but Duracell was acquired in 2005 and then P&G sold it in 2014 to Berkshire Hathaway. My leakers were acquired during P&G ownership.

Staples runs cheap/free AR paper reasonable frequently so I always find it easier to cash out rewards that way.

rated:
Leaking way too much these days

rated:
po90260 said:   Leaking way too much these days
I have a bankers box filled with batteries ranging from current to 2009. Not one that has sprung a leak.

rated:
What are postage stamps?

rated:
tuphat said:   What are postage stamps?
  Only used for mail in rebates.

rated:
Spooie said:   
  Only used for mail in rebates.

What are mail in rebates?

rated:
Definition of postage stamp

1. :  a government adhesive stamp or imprinted stamp for use on mail as evidence of prepayment of postage

(j/k - I know you were being sarcastic.)

rated:
YMMV, check your email from OD : FREE $10 rewards certificate! No Strings Attached

rated:
AAA is $9.79 online. How much reward will be issued?

rated:
3c3 said:   AAA is $9.79 online. How much reward will be issued?
I remember this happening before. Does anyone know the answer to the question? Worst case scenario is you only get back what you paid and you have less sales tax to pay. Really no downside. The $9.79 price only applies to AAA and is good through Saturday,11/26/16.

rated:
bpvh said:   
po90260 said:   Leaking way too much these days
I have a bankers box filled with batteries ranging from current to 2009. Not one that has sprung a leak.

Look closer.  I've had a couple of them leak right in the packaging (I think they were 2008-2009 batteries, with claimed 7 year shelf life).  More often they regularly leak when in use, even while still reading a positive charge.  I've gotten to the point that I try and take regular Duracell & Energizer alkaline batteries out of anything I don't use on a regular basis.

Can't speak as to the most recent ones though... I'm mostly using batteries already 3+ years old (2022-2023 claimed expiration)

rated:
I can't say for sure but last month there was a coupon for 25% off one item. I used this on the AAA batteries to reduce the price from $13.99 to $10.50. I made two such purchases and received a reward certificate for $27.96, equal to the pre-coupon subtotal. YMMV but getting the full $13.98 in rewards would not be unprecedented.

rated:
freefall said:   
I can't say for sure but last month there was a coupon for 25% off one item. I used this on the AAA batteries to reduce the price from $13.99 to $10.50. I made two such purchases and received a reward certificate for $27.96, equal to the pre-coupon subtotal. YMMV but getting the full $13.98 in rewards would not be unprecedented.

This afternoon I bought 2 packs of AAA batteries at the store today and pricematched to the .com price of $9.79. I won't know for about another month if I got the full regular price back or the $9.79 back, but at least I will know then and going forward it will be a known fact what will happen. It would be super cool if they gave the regular retail back in rewards but time will tell. I will share when I get the rewards what I got so all can know.

rated:
Finally out of Staples freebies.

rated:
bump ....

rated:
When they say limit 2 packs per week, I bought on Black Friday. Now it is Sunday. Is now considered a new week?

rated:
MrVietnam said:   When they say limit 2 packs per week, I bought on Black Friday. Now it is Sunday. Is now considered a new week?

yes. I would wait til 12/1 to buy these if you already recycled carts for Nov. Buy 1 pack @ 13, recycle 10 carts get $33.98 back in rewards

rated:
MrVietnam said:   When they say limit 2 packs per week, I bought on Black Friday. Now it is Sunday. Is now considered a new week?
  An Office Depot Rewards program week is Sunday - Saturday. Black Friday is now last week so you are good.

rated:
MISTERCHEAP said:   

yes. I would wait til 12/1 to buy these if you already recycled carts for Nov. Buy 1 pack @ 13, recycle 10 carts get $33.98 back in rewards

I don't recycle carts, so for me there is no reason to wait,

rated:
BUMP ....

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2016