• filter:
  • Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
Voting History
rated:
Lowes has this bionic wrench for at low as $2!  Normally $15.  YMMV.

LoggerHead Tools Bionic Wrench 8-in Steel and Plastic Adjustable Wrench
Item # 527 Model # BW8-01R-01

It was a good day

Member Summary
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
Still a waste of money. While it seems like a great concept, it is too bulky for most situations.

rated:
barbeque said:   Still a waste of money. While it seems like a great concept, it is too bulky for most situations.
  On Amazon it has 4.5 stars out of 5.  It's a best seller.  Going for $25 on amazom

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B000BYSMCS/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?ie=UTF8...

rated:
Slick29832 said:   
barbeque said:   Still a waste of money. While it seems like a great concept, it is too bulky for most situations.

On Amazon it has 4.5 stars out of 5.  It's a best seller.  Going for $25 on amazom

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B000BYSMCS/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1478928818&sr=8-1&pi=SY200_QL40&keywords=BW8-01R-01&dpPl=1&dpID=41Z1VEHP2PL&ref=plSrch

Read the Amazon reviews.  Many say the same thing as I am; the wrench doesn't fit in many situations.  I have one, and I never put it to use even though I tried.  It is just too bulky.

Seems like it should work, but WHERE? By MagicSkip VINE VOICE on November 4, 2006I received this as a gift without ever having heard of the bionic wrench. After I figured it out -- which was not as intuitive as it probably should be -- I thought it would make a good replacement for an adjustable end (crescent) wrench, and possibly easier than finding the right socket. As it is, I have tried several times to use the bionic wrench, each time unsuccessfully. Sometimes I can't get it in to where I need it, and have to get my adjustable. Other times I can't get enough grip on the handle (because it interferes with the part surface) while the business end of the wrench is on a bolt, and I need a socket. Oh, and the grip it gets on a bolt head is too dependent on your hand strength, kind of like a channel-lock, so I wouldn't even try it at times when I know I'll need to put some muscle into getting a bolt broken loose -- too much chance of stripping the head.

It seems like it should be a great little tool, like a self-adjusting adjustable crescent wrench. Maybe I've just had difficult applications for it? I dunno, I've tried it several times and just don't have a real use for it.

By Frazzle VINE VOICE on April 19, 2009Most nuts are out of reach or not out in the open. The only way you can use this on any thing is if the nut has free space all around it. So I grab an adjustable wrench and leave this one collecting dust.
By Mike O'Connor on December 19, 2011When you do have an opportunity for these to work they work great. Unfortunately, that almost never happens. I've had these for years and the few times I've actually been able to use them, I call my wife over to show her. It's not like my wife enjoys me using wrenches, but these things are so useless that it has become a big joke. 

rated:
Ya whatever. I looked at the last 20 reviews they were all positive.

rated:
  Maybe maybe not but for $2 it is well worth having around. 

rated:
Too bad they are $14.98 near me. For $2 I'll give it a go regardless of the reviews

rated:
$14.23 for me

rated:
Slick29832 said:   Ya whatever. I looked at the last 20 reviews they were all positive.

Are you making money off of this?  Why are you taking it personal?   

rated:
Agreed with posts saying this is too bulky for most situations. I donated mine recently after not having any use for it over the last few years. This and the adjusting players from Lowes Kobalt brand are gimmicky and not very useful.

rated:
I love gadget tools but wouldn't even spend $2 on this

rated:
Also agree this tool would likely sit around unused because of its bulk. I've had a similar Sears "max access" wrench for years that I've never found a good use for (another 100% SYWR points back deal). As much as I love tools, you can definitely have too many of them. This one is a likely candidate.

rated:
I have become extremely skeptical of very positive Amazon reviews in general. Most appear to be by paid or paid off shills.

rated:
drew2money said:   
Slick29832 said:   Ya whatever. I looked at the last 20 reviews they were all positive.

Why don't you mind your business?  This is a great tool with great reviews on Lowes, Amazon, etc but because of this troll saying it sucks no one is interested.  Believe it or not it takes me time to post my deals.  I don't copy and paste deals from other sites like everyone else here.  All my content is original.  If I'm not going to get respect here I'll move on.  You guys are lucky to have me but at this point I'm sick of all the negativity.

rated:
I would say this regarding this tool. I personally have not used it myself and I can see why initially one may think it would be very useful. But in practice, like many have stated, it may be too bulky or awkward for many applications. HOWEVER, when the right circumstances are found I can see this tool being invaluable. For example, lets say in your shop you routinely take some kind of large mechanical device apart that uses differently sized bolts and provides plenty of access to said bolts. I could see keeping this tool mounted to that device so when you need to perform maintenance on it you don't have to go searching for multiple wrenches or sockets.

rated:
I can personally think of 2 instances when I had very tight clearance for a bolt but plenty of room around the bolt. No driver would fit and the box wrenches I had were not ideal. Both times this tool would have saved me a ton of time.

For $2 keep it in the toolbox and hope you never need it.

rated:
drew2money said:   

Alerted mods on this. 

rated:
I'll only buy it if it makes that like sproing sproing sound from the 6 Million Dollar Man when using it.

rated:
It is $14.23 for me in Houston. I'd buy it for $2 but not for $14. I agree with the limitations others have pointed out and it would only see very limited use if I had one. In general I prefer proper sockets or combination wrenches for most jobs. I seldom even use Crescent type adjustable wrenches.

@ Slick29832 - Don't take all this personally.  The deal itself is good if you can get the tool for $2 or so.  The discussion about the usefulness of the tool has nothing much to do with your post.

rated:
$14.23 for me.

Slick29832, this is FW, stop taking comments as personal.  You posted a good find and folks are discussing the merits of the underlying product.  Up to them if they want to pull the trigger or not.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2016