• filter:
  • Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
Voting History
rated:
Amazon has the Samsung SmartThings Hub (2nd Gen, F-H-ETH-001) on sale for $49.99 with free shipping.

• The hub connects all of the different smart devices around your home so you can remotely control your home's security, energy usage, Lighting, and more,Power: In-wall power adapter with about 10 hours of backup power from 4 AA batteries (included)
  • The hub connects to your internet router via the included Ethernet cable. The hub has a zigbee, z-wave, and Bluetooth radio and also supports selected ip-accessible devices.
  • Replaceable batteries provide backup power that keeps the hub operating locally for about two hours if there's a power outage.
  • A more powerful processor and local app engine means faster performance and enabled offline processing.

Rated 3.6 out 5 stars from 971 Amazon customer reviews. Check out CNET.com for a full review.
This is the lowest price today by $50 compared to merchants listed on Google Shopping.  

Member Summary
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
Biggest discount so far. Same price at Sears and other places. Maybe a harbinger that G3 is coming out soon.

rated:
How about a mini deal within a deal?  If you are interested in the Smartthings Hub you also need window door sensors, etc.You might be interested in checking out Lowes Iris Contact Sensor.  For discounted price of 17.99 ea  21% of their normal price.  What makes it even better is being able to use a $15 off  $50 coupon with it. Do a google search with the keywords  “Lowes promotion code duckdns”  Highlight and copy everything between the quote marks.  If it works the price now becomes $13.00 ea in multiples of 3.I’m strictly a novice (still investigating) at this but it sounds like this works with smartthings and other iris devices including Amazon echo and dot.  Very interested in hearing your opinions.I already have a home monitored system and naturally the monitoring only works if the phone works which depends on AC power.  If someone cuts my power I lose the monitoring feature.  To get around this I hooked the modem up to my computers UPC which should keep my internet up as long as cable provider has power.  Might be a good idea for the smartthings system too.  Thoughts? 

Note:   Lowes contact sensors are in stock at more than half of their locations.  There are 2-3 locations that have them for less (Savannah, TN and Grove, OK) and  4 that still have them still at $22.99.  

rated:

rated:
If you are asking me I've already said I'm lost on this subject.  I would rather you tell me why you think its better (obviously you have an opinion).

rated:
thanks OP

rated:
$49.00 directly from Samsung. Clearly being discontinued, or a major price drop.  Article regarding issues for power users, maybe new hub is fix.  https://www.cnet.com/news/samsungs-smartthings-smart-home-push-h...

https://shop.smartthings.com/#!/products/samsung-smartthings-hub

rated:
Good price on a Zwave/Zigbee device. Sure, there's always a revision in the works. No the revision won't be $49. I bought the home kit for $149 and it works great.

rated:
EradicateSpam said:   $49.00 directly from Samsung. Clearly being discontinued, or a major price drop.  Article regarding issues for power users, maybe new hub is fix.  https://www.cnet.com/news/samsungs-smartthings-smart-home-push-hits-disconnect/

https://shop.smartthings.com/#!/products/samsung-smartthings-hub

interesting i ordered one to switch over from the Wink but after reading that im leery...seems to be more open and power user friendly tho so ill give it a try

rated:
Thanks man, I ordered 3 from and used 15 off/50. Now I will buy hub and will setup with my garage and patio doors.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2016