• filter:
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
Voting History
rated:
Looks like not good for Staples e-gift cards but good for plastic card ($101.99 for $100) or 3rd party GCs.

DetailsGet a one-time $20 statement credit by using your enrolled Card to spend a minimum of $100+ in one or more transactions online at Staples. com by 12/31/2016. See terms for exclusions.TermsValid online only. Valid only on US website. Not valid on purchases shipped outside of the US. See merchant website for shipping policy. Some merchants may not ship to all areas. Excludes Staples branded e-gift cards. Excludes Quill  , Smilemaker, Staples Business Advantage, Staples 4 Government, Staples Toner Services, Staples Technology Solutions, Staples Promotional Products, Staples Print Solutions, Copy and Printing Services, Staples Contract and Commercial, Staples App Center, Staples Industrial, Staples Book Rental, Staples Simplexity, Staples Share Fund, Coastwide Labs, Catalog and Staples Fundraising. Enrollment limited. Must add offer to Card and use same Card to redeem. Limit 1 statement credit(s) per American Express® Card across all American Express offer channels. Statement credit will appear on your billing statement within 90 days after 12/31/2016, provided that American Express receives information from the merchant about your qualifying purchase. Note that American Express may not receive information about your qualifying purchase from merchant until all items from your qualifying purchase have been provided/shipped by merchant. Statement credit may be reversed if qualifying purchase is returned/cancelled. If American Express does not receive information that identifies your transaction as qualifying for the offer, you will not receive the statement credit. For example, your transaction will not qualify if it is not made directly with the merchant. In addition, in most cases, you may not receive the statement credit if your transaction is made with an electronic wallet or through a third party or if the merchant uses a mobile or wireless card reader to process it. By adding an offer to a Card, you agree that American Express may send you communications about the offer. POID: CEDJ:0001

More deals in the official Staples clearance thread.
Member Summary

Staples (10.27kB)
Thanks TheRedBaaron
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
Don't forget to pair with Ebates to earn cashback!

Paloda (Nov. 26, 2016 @ 5:21p) |

Darn, need to get an Amex card...

m3ttaphi (Dec. 02, 2016 @ 10:13a) |

Cards ... one isn't enough.  

NoMoneyInMyWallet (Dec. 02, 2016 @ 10:39a) |

Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
Thanks op, 2 for 2 here

 

rated:
Also available on twitter at #AmexStaples

rated:
Some discounted gift card make this an even better deal. Ie: GAP family of gift cards $50 face value for $40; Itunes and a couple others. Just purchased and received immediate confirmation from AMEX showing offer has been triggered.

rated:
Thanks OP... 8/9 cards.

rated:
Check your Serve accounts. I got this offer on all my family's Serve cards, too.

rated:
says not valid on Staple e-gift cards but would that also apply to physical cards?

rated:
This will be good to combine with the e-recycle deal going on now.

rated:
brusbrother said:   says not valid on Staple e-gift cards but would that also apply to physical cards?
  Says it is not valid on Staples BRANDED e-gift cards, so should be fine on other gift cards that they offer.  I bought a Safeway e-giftcard for $100 and it triggered the offer.

rated:
how long do they take to email the gift card?

rated:
I suggest taking a screen shot of the offer terms in your Amex account....

rated:
I  know they sell gas gc in store.  Anyone see them on dot com? tia

rated:
thanks op. purchased a $100 whole foods gift card (delivered via email) and got an email from AMEX shortly thereafter.

rated:
thanks op. ordered $100 Target over an hour ago and order is still "processing". never seen any order take this long. wonder if the site is being overloaded?

rated:
This offer isn't nearly as much fun since AMEX shut down my Serve card (actually the card is still valid, and has this offer, just cannot add funds to it). I guess I could resort to buying money orders at WalMart with Visa gift cards to cash them out.

rated:
thanks op ! it's all good.

rated:
jess888 said:   
brusbrother said:   says not valid on Staple e-gift cards but would that also apply to physical cards?
  Says it is not valid on Staples BRANDED e-gift cards, so should be fine on other gift cards that they offer.  I bought a Safeway e-giftcard for $100 and it triggered the offer.

Am I correct to assume then that visa gc are good to go? Might as well get the $200 for the same 6.95 fee as the $100 card since you still get 1% on all purchases and that knocks the fee down to an effective $4.95.
I can turn it into a MO with other cards ready to burn.

rated:
jpessin3 said:   Also available on twitter at #AmexStaples
  Sorry, max # of Card Members have enrolled in #AmexStaples offer. Visit http://amex.co/faves  for more offers 

ETA, NONE on any of MY Amex cards... FARKED again by Amex!

rated:
I have already use it...It's a good deals!

rated:
10/10 for the Newegg offer but 0/10 for this one

This one is much better as New egg charges $9.95 fee for Visa GC and requires $200 purchase

rated:
brusbrother said:   
jess888 said:   
brusbrother said:   says not valid on Staple e-gift cards but would that also apply to physical cards?
  Says it is not valid on Staples BRANDED e-gift cards, so should be fine on other gift cards that they offer.  I bought a Safeway e-giftcard for $100 and it triggered the offer.

Am I correct to assume then that visa gc are good to go? Might as well get the $200 for the same 6.95 fee as the $100 card since you still get 1% on all purchases and that knocks the fee down to an effective $4.95.
I can turn it into a MO with other cards ready to burn.

  I don't see why not.

rated:
eljamesyu said:   10/10 for the Newegg offer but 0/10 for this one

This one is much better as New egg charges $9.95 fee for Visa GC and requires $200 purchase

  One nice thing about Newegg is they are egift and available to use right away.

rated:
sorry about the rookie question. How and where do I get this offer? How do I make sure this offer is valid for my amex.

rated:
kallumama said:   sorry about the rookie question. How and where do I get this offer? How do I make sure this offer is valid for my amex.
  You login to your AMEX account and look in "Offers" and browse thru offers to check Staples offer. I used twitter to enroll into Staples offer (which is expired now).

rated:
eljamesyu said:   10/10 for the Newegg offer but 0/10 for this one
 

I'm pretty sure this offer is NLA. I loaded it on a few cards the other day and all of them had it available. I just looked on some other logins and it's not there.

I did find a $5/5 iTunes offer on a few cards.

rated:
eljamesyu said:   10/10 for the Newegg offer but 0/10 for this one

This one is much better as New egg charges $9.95 fee for Visa GC and requires $200 purchase

Regarding Visa GC, the Newegg offer is a bit better since you make $15 on every Amex card you have vs $13 on every Amex with Staples.  That's assuming you cannot split credit card payments on Staples. com and assuming you don't find draining the $200 vs $100 Visa to be a burden.  For me, the Staples. com offer was better because I bought a $100 Safeway gift card but could not find an interesting merchant gift card on Newegg

Edit: also, you may get 2-3% cash back at Newegg on gift cards even though portal terms exclude it (I did).  You won't get cash back for Staples gift card purchases.

rated:
giantsfan2 said:   
eljamesyu said:   10/10 for the Newegg offer but 0/10 for this one

This one is much better as New egg charges $9.95 fee for Visa GC and requires $200 purchase

Regarding Visa GC, the Newegg offer is a bit better since you make $15 on every Amex card you have vs $13 on every Amex with Staples.  That's assuming you cannot split credit card payments on Staples. com and assuming you don't find draining the $200 vs $100 Visa to be a burden.  For me, the Staples. com offer was better because I bought a $100 Safeway gift card but could not find an interesting merchant gift card on Newegg

Edit: also, you may get 2-3% cash back at Newegg on gift cards even though portal terms exclude it (I did).  You won't get cash back for Staples gift card purchases.

  I got cashback on both Staples gift cards and Newegg gift card

rated:
bc3000 said:     I got cashback on both Staples gift cards and Newegg gift card
Apparently I spoke too soon.  It took a few days but the cash back results showed up for my Staples transactions.  One posted with $0 cash back but the other posted at the regular rate.  How's that for YMMV!

rated:
giantsfan2 said:   
It took a few days but the cash back results showed up for my Staples transactions.  One posted with $0 cash back but the other posted at the regular rate.  How's that for YMMV!


which portal?

rated:
3c3 said:   
giantsfan2 said:   
It took a few days but the cash back results showed up for my Staples transactions.  One posted with $0 cash back but the other posted at the regular rate.  How's that for YMMV!


which portal?

  Topcashback.

rated:
giantsfan2 said:   Topcashback.

Thanks. My past transactions over there showed $0, but it doesn't hurt to go through a portal anyway.

rated:
How is everybody's experience in the turnaround at Staples on the gift cards? I ordered an electronic Kohl's gift card on the 20th and nothing received as yet. Newegg sent the cards in 5 minutes.

rated:
ordered visa physical gc on 11/16 and it arrived today 11/22

rated:
PrincipalMember said:   How is everybody's experience in the turnaround at Staples on the gift cards? I ordered an electronic Kohl's gift card on the 20th and nothing received as yet. Newegg sent the cards in 5 minutes.

When I purchased them before, they arrived the next day. They are fulfilled by GiftCardMall and may end up in the spam folder.

rated:
PrincipalMember said:   How is everybody's experience in the turnaround at Staples on the gift cards? I ordered an electronic Kohl's gift card on the 20th and nothing received as yet. Newegg sent the cards in 5 minutes.
Purchased Kmart e-gift card on 11/17/2016 @ 10:42 PM EST, and it arrived on 11/19 @ 1:29 AM. Newegg order made around the same time arrived quickly, and points/reward redemptions from other sites were instantaneous.

rated:
Looks like 1 transaction (Amex Plat) posted the $20 statement credit already, but the other ones haven't. The difference between them is that the others split the order into multiple transactions (totaling $100). Anyone have issues getting the statement credit with orders that were split?

rated:
I'm so pissed at myself for not reading this offer carefully enough. I though it was in store, so I went to the store and bought $600 worth of gift cards (over 6 accounts). Then I realized that it's good online only.

Doh

rated:
went to WalMart to get MO with visa card and they refused how does that work

rated:
PrincipalMember said:   How is everybody's experience in the turnaround at Staples on the gift cards? I ordered an electronic Kohl's gift card on the 20th and nothing received as yet. Newegg sent the cards in 5 minutes.
  
Finally got my gift cards this morning. Those working the Amex deal, remember to give yourself more time to account for Staples being slow at peocessing thie gift cards.

Skipping 9 Messages...
rated:
m3ttaphi said:   Darn, need to get an Amex card...
Cards ... one isn't enough.    

  • Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply
     
    Click here for full-featured reply.


Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2016