• filter:
  • Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
Voting History
rated:
1. Log into Amex offers for $10 back on $30 HSN deal (YMMV on all cards)

2. Shop at HSN, use visa checkout using said Amex Card to pay, SPENDING at least $50 pre or post sales tax.

Visa Checkout offer will make a $50 purchase $30, use Amex, get another $10 back.

Coupon 161786 is a multi-item offer and is valid for $20 off your order of $40 or more (not including sales tax or shipping & handling). Coupon is only valid online at HSN.com or HSN Mobile when you pay with Visa Checkout. Coupon can only be used once by its recipient. Coupon is automatically applied when you select Visa Checkout and order is placed. Coupon can only be applied to the first shipment of AutoShip items. The use of this coupon may disqualify the order from inclusion in other promotional offers or discounts. Coupons cannot be applied to or combined with other coupons. Coupon is not valid for Charitable Contributions, Minnetonka (18620), Birkenstock (14735), Taos Footwear (19280), TOMS(19120), Insolia/Vivian Lou (20203), irobot Roomba 880, Dyson Products, Janome, Samsung Large Appliances, HSN Gift Cards, wines and alcohol and clearance items. We reserve the right to cancel orders when unexpected coupon system errors occur or in the case of abuse, misuse or fraud in connection with the coupon number. Offer is valid 11/01/2016 – 12/21/2016. Coupon Expires on 12/21/2016 at 11:59 AM ET or when promotional redemption limit has been reached.

Member Summary

HSN (6.05kB)
Thanks Virgil27
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
Categorized in
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
"use visa checkout using said Amex Card to pay"

You can add an Amex card to your VCO account? I thought VCO only took Visa cards.

rated:
Does using VISA checkout preserve Amex deals or is it like an electronic wallet? Amex keeps saying:

"For example, your transaction will not qualify if it is not made directly with the merchant. In addition, in most cases, you may not receive the statement credit if your transaction is made with an electronic wallet or through a third party or if the merchant uses a mobile or wireless card reader to process it."

rated:
pjar said:   "use visa checkout using said Amex Card to pay"

You can add an Amex card to your VCO account? I thought VCO only took Visa cards.

You can add any major card to your Visa checkout profile.

rated:
bation46 said:   Does using VISA checkout preserve Amex deals or is it like an electronic wallet? Amex keeps saying:

"For example, your transaction will not qualify if it is not made directly with the merchant. In addition, in most cases, you may not receive the statement credit if your transaction is made with an electronic wallet or through a third party or if the merchant uses a mobile or wireless card reader to process it."

From an SD poster today: Confirming that this worked for me. Added Amex Gold to my Visa Checkout. When I chose "Visa Checkout" in HSN, it immediately took off $20 as a discount. When I completed my transaction, I immediately got confirmation that I had used my Amex offer.

rated:
Thanks! But I've noticed a troubling feature:

Using 3 windows for 3 of my cards on the same online login, I couldn't select the same offer 3 times (unlike before, when it was possible).

It says "You are already enrolled in this offer"

The end of this method? Anyone seeing the same?

rated:
bation46 said:   Thanks! But I've noticed a troubling feature:

Using 3 windows for 3 of my cards on the same online login, I couldn't select the same offer 3 times (unlike before, when it was possible).

You have to make sure that each window has a different account selected in it before you add the offer.

And you can look in your Added to Card section to see if the offer is there.

rated:
This appeared to work initially, but after finalizing checkout on the site the $20 discount disappeared.  I called up and they confirmed that the discount did not apply. So I cancelled the entire order.

rated:
Have you confirmed these stack? I'm worried the visa checkout charge shows up coded differently than HSN.

rated:
MrRetro said:   This appeared to work initially, but after finalizing checkout on the site the $20 discount disappeared.  I called up and they confirmed that the discount did not apply. So I cancelled the entire order.
  This happened to me too.  The HSN agent told me that each item is put into a separate order, even if you order them together, so if there isn't an item of $40+ dollars, the discount disappears.

You have until midnight of the day of your HSN order to cancel the order, he tells me.

Annoying....

rated:
jess888 said:   
MrRetro said:   This appeared to work initially, but after finalizing checkout on the site the $20 discount disappeared.  I called up and they confirmed that the discount did not apply. So I cancelled the entire order.
  This happened to me too.  The HSN agent told me that each item is put into a separate order, even if you order them together, so if there isn't an item of $40+ dollars, the discount disappears.

You have until midnight of the day of your HSN order to cancel the order, he tells me.

Annoying....

I only had one item in my cart, it was $69.95.  The 20 off from Visa Checkout showed up in the summary and lowered the price to $49.95, then tax was added on to that.  After completion, the total went back to $69.95 plus tax on that amount, and I immediately got the AMEX email saying thanks for using your offer.  Now that I cancelled it, did I blow the AMEX offer?  

rated:
MrRetro said:   
jess888 said:   

Annoying....

I only had one item in my cart, it was $69.95.  The 20 off from Visa Checkout showed up in the summary and lowered the price to $49.95, then tax was added on to that.  After completion, the total went back to $69.95 plus tax on that amount, and I immediately got the AMEX email saying thanks for using your offer.  Now that I cancelled it, did I blow the AMEX offer?  

You can't get the Amex offer unless the charge goes through.

rated:
jess888 said:   

You have to make sure that each window has a different account selected in it before you add the offer.

Thanks but I did exactly that.
3 cards in 3 different browsers. Select an offer in the first window, it works. Select the same in 2nd and 3rd - it says "you already have it", which is only true for the 1st account.

rated:
bation46 said:   
jess888 said:   

Thanks but I did exactly that.
3 cards in 3 different browsers. Select an offer in the first window, it works. Select the same in 2nd and 3rd - it says "you already have it", which is only true for the 1st account.

And you looked in your Added to Card section for each card?

Not sure what to say otherwise.

rated:
I think they are cutting that option out

rated:
Just FYI, when using the Visa Checkout $20 on a Roku purchase a week ago, the total initially held on my card was full price until it was adjusted at ship time.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2016