• filter:
  • Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
Voting History
rated:
Itechdeals.com is offering 95% off 8 Pin Lightning to USB Charge & Data Sync Cables for iPhone 5S/5C & iPhone 6/6S White $1

Member Summary
Staff Summary
Categorized in
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
States compatibilie with iOS 9, I wonder about current iOS 10?

rated:
Two of my bargain cables stopped working after the iOS upgrade. Seriously, it makes me not want to upgrade ever with everything working fine one day and poof, gotta buy more cables. And it is such a rip-off that a lightning cable costs 10 times more than an equivalent microUSB cable. Apple is evil!

rated:
Yes,I agree with you

rated:
Counterfiets
Not saying these are or not but interesting info

rated:
I bought 8 of these the last time they were at this price point, I think it was about a year ago. I had one go bad within a week and I had a second one go bad yesterday. They (so far) have worked fine with iOS10.

rated:
2cheap2eat said:   States compatibilie with iOS 9, I wonder about current iOS 10?

Are you clueless?  It has nothing to do with the operating system buddy but the port on the bottom of the phone and yes it will work just fine with iOS 10. 

rated:
smish said:   I bought 8 of these the last time they were at this price point, I think it was about a year ago. I had one go bad within a week and I had a second one go bad yesterday. They (so far) have worked fine with iOS10.
  Even the almost $20 Apple cable will go bad if subjected to repeated bending☹️️

rated:
LetsGoMets1 said:   
2cheap2eat said:   States compatibilie with iOS 9, I wonder about current iOS 10?

Are you clueless?  It has nothing to do with the operating system buddy but the port on the bottom of the phone and yes it will work just fine with iOS 10. 

Actually, it's not just hardware compatibility, iOS has software compatibility.  Apple can easily change the compatibility requirements for lightning cables, especially to combat knockoffs.  

rated:
Just my $0.02, i bought the 8-pin lightning to Micro USB adapter from itechdeals and it doesn't charge my iPad. I have used different cables, I have used different USB power plug but none of the combination worked.
I have emailed the customer support, still waiting to hear back.

rated:
Lightning cables have an overvolt protection chip in originals and mfi cables that can't be duplicated safely. Mfi costs cable makers around $4 just for the two end connectors, plus the cost of the cable to connect them. Don't buy non mfi cables. It can literally destroy your phone internally. TriStar chip on motherboard will become damaged and it's an expensive repair.

rated:
lobstersoap said:   Lightning cables have an overvolt protection chip in originals and mfi cables that can't be duplicated safely. Mfi costs cable makers around $4 just for the two end connectors, plus the cost of the cable to connect them. Don't buy non mfi cables. It can literally destroy your phone internally. TriStar chip on motherboard will become damaged and it's an expensive repair.
How do you know which cables are mfi?

TIA

rated:
Counterfit, is counterfit......the Chinese have been doing this for over 20 years...

rated:
I have some fake ones that used to work fine with iOS 9, but stopped working with iOS 10 on iPads only. They do work on iPhones including iPhone 7. For the iPads I had to use OEM or Apple certified.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2016