rated:
Any chance these are US models?
Thanks OP.

rated:
aus said:   Any chance these are US models?
Thanks OP.

From the listing:
Manufacturer Warranty:  No

Still a good price if you want to take a chance

rated:
1reeves said:   
Thanks OP.

From the listing:

It should be emphasized this is a non-USA product and while grey market camera equipment can be a good deal, the buyer should know what they are trading off.  Besides warranty issues, firmware upgrades are also going to be more difficult.  I've owned dozens of Nikon products over the years and never had to send anything back for warranty work, so I'd say the chances of ever needing this are very slim.  The bigger issue is probably firmware upgrades.  I believe you'll need to go to the Nikon site that serves the region where the camera originated.  So not impossible, but more of a hassle than just buying a USA Nikon.  You can get a 7200 Nikon factory refurb for about $100 more, which comes with at least a 90 day warranty and software updates and any future repairs will be no problem.

rated:
Scumbag said:   
1reeves said:   
Thanks OP.

From the listing:

It should be emphasized this is a non-USA product and while grey market camera equipment can be a good deal, the buyer should know what they are trading off.  Besides warranty issues, firmware upgrades are also going to be more difficult.  I've owned dozens of Nikon products over the years and never had to send anything back for warranty work, so I'd say the chances of ever needing this are very slim.  The bigger issue is probably firmware upgrades.  I believe you'll need to go to the Nikon site that serves the region where the camera originated.  So not impossible, but more of a hassle than just buying a USA Nikon.  You can get a 7200 Nikon factory refurb for about $100 more, which comes with at least a 90 day warranty and software updates and any future repairs will be no problem.

I'm pretty sure firmware updates aren't region specific.  I've bought grey market Canon and Nikon DSLR's and haven't had any problem using the firmware from the US support page on any of them.

I did end up jumping on this deal because combined with the 8% eBay bucks offer from a few days ago, it gave me back $58 which would drop the price down to $660'ish.  After purchasing I got an email from the retailer offering to sell me warranty on the unit.  Not sure how legit it is since it mentions CPS.  I thought that meant Canon Professional Services (which would be strange for a Nikon product), but after a quick Google search turns out is a company called Consumer Priority Service which some forums say to avoid..  Not too sure on how much truth there is to their claims since I've heard that Nikon are quite the sticklers when it comes to grey market goods, and their email claims that services were performed by Nikon.  In any case, they offered it for $119.95.  I cut and paste it below in case anyone is curious what it covered.  If they actually do cover what it claims, seems like it would be a great deal.

You receive one year free additional warranty coverage with your purchase of a 2 year warranty, bringing you to a total of 3 years warranty coverage, valid worldwide.
As such, the camera will be covered for 3 years via Nikon directly for free repair and replacement if the need be.

It also protects your Digital Camera  from damage caused by unexpected mishaps, including:

• Unintentional spills
  • Drops and falls 
  • Impact damage
  • Screen damage resulting from accidental damage
  • Electronics and components within the camera
  • Failures caused by heat, dust, & humidity covered

Additionally, since the camera has internal sensors that require maintenance annually, you are also eligible for a free cleaning on your camera once a year, totaling to 3 free cleanings on your camera via Nikon.
You are also eligible for our free battery inclusion. You will receive a free backup battery for your camera ($40 value).

Services are provided via CPS, a reputable worldwide service provider. This comprehensive Plan Features 100% parts and labor coverage, access to thousands of service centers nationwide, Zero deductible with a No Lemon Guarantee. This feature packed plan offers consumers a fantastic value at only a fraction on what the product it covers costs. With duration as long as three years, consumers can rest assured knowing that their product is guaranteed to function as intended for years to come.

The warranty is currently discounted to only $119.95 (typically $229.95).

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2016