• filter:
  • Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
Voting History
rated:
Newegg has the Honeywell Smart, Wi-Fi Touchscreen Thermostat on sale for 149.99. This model works with Alexa (Amazon Echo & Echo Dot).
It is currently 168.79 @ Amazon. The lowest price at Amazon according to Camelcamelcamel is $159.99.

Newegg Link

Member Summary

Honeywell RTH9580WF (18.67kB)
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
Categorized in
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
Bad link: Sorry, We can't find this Item. Please check your Item#.

rated:

rated:
This is a great price for a new one. I bought a used one off eBay for $120ish 6 months ago. This thing is fantastic and there is a free mobile app to control the therm. too.

rated:
If you are in Massachusetts don't forget your $100 rebate from Mass Save for up to 2.

http://www.masssave.com/en/residential/offers/wireless-enabled-a...

I installed them last spring and they are great.

Before anyone asks, yes I upgraded my wiring to include a C wire.

rated:
Those in Rhode Island, Massachusetts, Upstate New York, Long Island, and New York City (Brooklyn, Queens, Staten Island) with utility National Grid can visit the following site to apply for a $50 rebate with the purchase of this thermostat.

Be sure to check off your state in the menu on the left side of the page to get the correct form.

https://www.nationalgridus.com/Services-Rebates?

rated:
too bad, no rebates in nj

rated:
CA users can get $125 back from SCE and Socal Gas if you are in an area served by both. $75 if only a SCE customer. This technically allows SCE to adjust your thermostat as part of save power days, but by the time those days come around next summer you can just cancel.

https://weatherbughome.com/sce-honeywell-enrollment/

rated:
Calif      Edison and Southern Calif Gas  $125.00 rebate

rated:
best thermostat i've used

rated:
Thanks! Just ordered one.  I have had my eye on a smart Thermostat for a while now.

rated:
its a sweet thermostat, I have the same model bought on Amazon probably about 6 mon ago, a little higher than this Newegg price, highly recommend due to its obvious features

rated:
Better or worse than Nest?

rated:
Get yourself an Ecobee3 instead! I'm a huge fan.

rated:
phisher4 said:   Better or worse than Nest?
 Subjective. Lower price, but beyond that this is a great thermostat. It can hold 1 degree +/- of your programmed temp (Nest is +/- 2-3). Has auto filter change reminder based on usage. Wifi, and remote control via phone or PC is nice. Password mode is nice for when babysitter wants the AC at 68 while you're gone. Scheduling is SUPER easy on this; and is the feature I like the best. The wifi and remote control is nice but in some areas like Southern CA it is nearly useless since 10 months out of the year we don't use heat or AC. 

About the only thing nest has on this is that it is circular and more modern looking, IMHO.

rated:
looks like its sold out.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2016