• filter:
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
Voting History
rated:
"save $10 instantly when you buy 2"

worked for me on Taco Bell $15 gift cards (but only the grey ones, not the white ones, I tried another store and their gift card system wasn't working at all they said)

and Burger King $10 gift cards (the ad shows $20 gift card)

ad also shows Friday's, Domino's, Cabela 's, and Facebook

page 7 of my local flyer

http://www2.dollargeneral.com/Savings/Circulars/Pages/index.aspx 

UPDATE: ffrob mentions it below, info on the receipt says "Offer valid 11/13/16 - 12/10/16". Updated title to reflect this expiration date.

UPDATE: Some people are reporting that their Dollar General only accepts cash for gift cards. Mine let me use a credit card. YMMV.

UPDATE: Online flyer has been edited to add the restriction "Minimum value on each card must be at least $15 Minimum $30 Purchase". The printed ad in the store doesn't say that. YMMV.

Member Summary

taco bell (34.62kB)
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
Bought out all the Taco Bell and Burger King at my local store right after the ad came out. Was in there yesterday and t... (more)

tightpapa (Dec. 04, 2016 @ 6:06p) |

Did they have any of the $10 Burger King Gift Cards?

dj63401 (Dec. 04, 2016 @ 6:42p) |

Yes BUT YMMV

tightpapa (Dec. 04, 2016 @ 7:10p) |

Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
I was all set to post this, but I see it was posted already. Great deal. I can confirm it works. I got 18 $10 Burger king gift cards and 2 $15 Taco Bell gift cards all for $110 (s vslue of $210), so I got $100 of food free.

Burger King is the best deal as Dollar General has $10 gift cards for them. 

There are no limits, so you can buy as many 50% off $10 Burger King gift cards as they have stock on the shelf if you want (but remember you have to buy an even number because the deal is buy 2 gift cards get $10 off).

Note, offer is valid in-stores only and selection may vary. 

• Purchase 2 and save $10 on any combination of gift cards listed below

• Burger King

• Amount available: $10, $20, 3x $10 Pack

• Best Value: 2x $10 card for $10 for 50% off

• Taco Bell

• Amount available: $15, $15-$100 variable load cards

• Best Value: 2x $15 card for $20 for 33.3% off

• Domino's

• Amount available: $20

• Chili's

• Amount available: $15, $25, $15-$100 variable load cards

• Cabela 's

• Amount Available: $25

• TGI Friday's
    • Facebook

rated:
Did you buy all the cards in one transaction, and still got all the discounts? Or did you have to buy two cards at a time?

rated:
You can buy them all in one transaction. I split mine up though. 12 in one transaction and 8 in another. No limits. I got all the discounts. 50% off at Burger King. This is truly a hot deal if you like to eat at Burger King. Even 33.3% off at Taco Bell is a pretty good discount.

rated:
Need a gift card to have your stomach pumped after eating fast food. 

rated:
Think is not to the gift cards. How do I find the gift cards?

rated:
The link is not to the gift cards. How do I find the gift cards?

rated:
Best4Less said:   The link is not to the gift cards. How do I find the gift cards?
Since this is an in-store only deal, you need to find where your nearest Dollar General or Dollar General Market are and actually go there to find the gift cards. unfortunately there is only one Dollar General in the entire county I live. I went back there tonight to try to score some more Burger King cards and they were wiped out of Burger King and Taco Bell cards. I think they were probably bought up by the cashier who helped me this morning or other employees at the store once the cashier knew of the deal. So for me at least this deal is effectively over, but I was able to score $210 of gift cards for $110 so I came out OK.

rated:
There's nothing else I need to know other than just go to the store and get the gift cards? No coupons or codes attached?

rated:
Best4Less said:   There's nothing else I need to know other than just go to the store and get the gift cards? No coupons or codes attached?
  Save yourself the trouble. The internet has had this info for hours and hours. The TBs and BKs are all gone. Either the stores are sold out to customers, or sold out to employees (why not?), or just taken off the rack.

rated:
In for Taco Bell deal (white cards worked fine) and Chili's as well. Thanks OP and green 4 U. My store had plenty of cards and the cashier was very surprised.

P.S. At my location the cards had "stickers" on them indicating the buy 2 get $10 off as shown in the ad.

rated:
My only store was cleaned out of BK cards as I said last night. They did though have 3 packs of $10 BK cards for $30. I asked if I could open some 3 packs and purchase the $10 cards individually and the employee asked his manager and he said *no". Maybe I shouldn't have asked and just opened a couple 3 packs and did it that way.

Luckily I got a years worth so hopefully next pre- Black Friday (in 2017) I can shop for the next year if they repeat this sale then.

rated:
@Best4Less: Nothing else you need to know. No coupon or code needed, but hurry to your store or they will all be sold out.

rated:
MrVietnam said:   Maybe I shouldn't have asked and just opened a couple 3 packs and did it that way.

Isn't the activation bar code on the package, and not on the individual cards?

rated:
Wish they had $10 or $15 Cabela's, I might actually use those. Fast food...no. Good deal if you do though.

rated:
Just picked up 2 BK and 2 TB cards for my 2 teenage sons. $50 in cards for $30. Not bad. Thanks OP.

rated:
Thanks OP. Got $140 worth of BK cards ($10X14) for $70 bucks. Figure used with the frequent coupons of b1g1 whopper deals sent out by BK this would be a potential of 20 dollars per card value @5 dollars cost per card. Yes one transaction. Also printed on my receipt it states the 7 participating cards are buy two and save $10 offer valid 11/13/16-12/10/16.

rated:
ocean935 said:   
Best4Less said:   There's nothing else I need to know other than just go to the store and get the gift cards? No coupons or codes attached?
  Save yourself the trouble. The internet has had this info for hours and hours. The TBs and BKs are all gone. Either the stores are sold out to customers, or sold out to employees (why not?), or just taken off the rack.

Yet oddly enough I just purchased $200 BK and $60 Taco Bell cards and there were plenty remaining.  

rated:
I just went to 5 stores and they were all sold out of BK.

rated:
Got mine

rated:
There were no $10 gift cards so I had to get $15 gift cards

rated:
Thanks for the tip OP.
Tried four stores on my way home from work on West side of metro Detroit.
Did not find any $10 BK cards (I saw the blank spot where they were hanging at one time) but I was able to get four $15 Taco Bell cards at one store for $40.

Since (as stated above) this is on until 12/10, what does everyone think the odds are they will restock over the next few weeks?
It seems to me if they plan on keeping this in their weekly circular for the next couple of weeks, they would plan to restock so they aren't advertising something they are already out of- especially for next week since it is the big shopping week.

Anyone have experience in how Dollar General usually works??

rated:
So if they have the $15-$100 load Taco Bell cards, will they work if I do $15 on each?

Thanks, scored some BK, but required me to buy the GCs in cash

rated:
the store in orlando had only $15 of GCs....and 20$ dominos, i loaded $15 on the BK variable GC and it worked but the % discount goes down

rated:
I got $220 on BK cards for $110, $80 on Domino's for $60, and $90 for Taco Bell for $60. Sweet deals all around. I did have to go to the bank to pull out cash as that is the only form of payment they would take for gift cards.

rated:
Kramden said:    
Since (as stated above) this is on until 12/10, what does everyone think the odds are they will restock over the next few weeks?
It seems to me if they plan on keeping this in their weekly circular for the next couple of weeks, they would plan to restock so they aren't advertising something they are already out of- especially for next week since it is the big shopping week.

Anyone have experience in how Dollar General usually works??

I'm hoping they will restock before 12/10 too. That is 3 1/2 weeks from now. I asked at the store yesterday and an assistant manager gave me a guesstimate of 2-3 weeks until restock, but then he said they are in the middle of a reset so they could come as early as tomorrow. All in all I don't think he really knew what he was talking about and was just feeding me some BS. I think I will just periodically go by every few days and check the stock situation. It is the only store in my area unfortunately

rated:
Living in the hood has its benefits finally

rated:
There were tons of $10 cards at my DG. But interestingly, when the manager went to activate them, she was not able to put any money on them! I asked her if she could override them. She said she couldn't. I think corporate is on to this deal and have put the Cabash on it.

rated:
2coatsofpaint said:   There were tons of $10 cards at my DG. But interestingly, when the manager went to activate them, she was not able to put any money on them! I asked her if she could override them. She said she couldn't. I think corporate is on to this deal and have put the Cabash on it.
  Same thing happened to me at our local store.

rated:
2coatsofpaint said:   There were tons of $10 cards at my DG. But interestingly, when the manager went to activate them, she was not able to put any money on them! I asked her if she could override them. She said she couldn't. I think corporate is on to this deal and have put the Cabash on it.
Had the same problem yesterday. Went to another cashier who swiped the cards harder and got them to work. So, could be a problem with the cards and/or the particular terminal.

Thanks fxm87 for the fantastic deal! Paid 190 for 300 worth of cards (BK, TB, Chili's) for family use and mostly kid's school gift-giving.

rated:
Worked for me today. 2 $15 Taco Bell GCs for $20. Thanks OP!

rated:
I went to 3 dollar generals in my area. The first 2 had zero burger king and taco bell cards. The 3rd had zero taco bell cards and 9 $10 burger king cards. I bought 8 of the burger king cards. The cashier had a hard time activating every single card but she never gave up and they all eventually were activated. Several times she swiped the card 6 times, it didn't activate and she had to scan the barcode again and keep trying. Several times she did it so many times that the little cardboard piece the card is stuck to fell off. She said I was the 3rd person to come and and buy the cards and he other cashier had at least 2 people as well. She said she was glad I bought the last ones because of how much of a pain it was to activate. I didn't know that you had to pay cash for the gift cards so after she had activated all of them and I didn't have enough money, she suggested I buy a drink, pay for it at another register (so she didn't have to go through the whole activation process all over again) and request $40 cash back. That's what I did, but they charged a $1.50 convenience fee for cash back transactions. So to everyone else, be aware that you need to go to the atm beforehand before you take advantage of this deal!

A buddy I told about the deal went to a different Dollar General that only had two burger king cards left. The cashier apparently had the same issue mine did activating them, but she just gave up and he didn't press the issue, so he left empty handed. Make sure you have an understanding and helpful cashier that's in a good mood and no line behind you if you want to make sure you get this deal!

rated:
Great deal. I also reported the same issue with bk gcs. I have up, but I snatched the taco bell and Chili's gcs with $15 balance. Good deal for 33% off. I would have bought more if I had more cash. People on the line were asking me about the deal and the cashier also shocked that it worked

rated:
meade18 said:   I went to 3 dollar generals in my area. The first 2 had zero burger king and taco bell cards. The 3rd had zero taco bell cards and 9 $10 burger king cards. I bought 8 of the burger king cards. The cashier had a hard time activating every single card but she never gave up and they all eventually were activated. Several times she swiped the card 6 times, it didn't activate and she had to scan the barcode again and keep trying. Several times she did it so many times that the little cardboard piece the card is stuck to fell off. She said I was the 3rd person to come and and buy the cards and he other cashier had at least 2 people as well. She said she was glad I bought the last ones because of how much of a pain it was to activate. I didn't know that you had to pay cash for the gift cards so after she had activated all of them and I didn't have enough money, she suggested I buy a drink, pay for it at another register (so she didn't have to go through the whole activation process all over again) and request $40 cash back. That's what I did, but they charged a $1.50 convenience fee for cash back transactions. So to everyone else, be aware that you need to go to the atm beforehand before you take advantage of this deal!

A buddy I told about the deal went to a different Dollar General that only had two burger king cards left. The cashier apparently had the same issue mine did activating them, but she just gave up and he didn't press the issue, so he left empty handed. Make sure you have an understanding and helpful cashier that's in a good mood and no line behind you if you want to make sure you get this deal!

My BK cards were also a pain to activate.  Thankfully the cashier was very patient and got all 20 cards done.
No problems with the Taco Bell cards. 

I had no problem paying for all the cards I purchased with a credit card which netted me another 2% cashback. 

rated:
phutureprimative said:   
meade18 said:   I went to 3 dollar generals in my area. The first 2 had zero burger king and taco bell cards. The 3rd had zero taco bell cards and 9 $10 burger king cards. I bought 8 of the burger king cards. The cashier had a hard time activating every single card but she never gave up and they all eventually were activated. Several times she swiped the card 6 times, it didn't activate and she had to scan the barcode again and keep trying. Several times she did it so many times that the little cardboard piece the card is stuck to fell off. She said I was the 3rd person to come and and buy the cards and he other cashier had at least 2 people as well. She said she was glad I bought the last ones because of how much of a pain it was to activate. I didn't know that you had to pay cash for the gift cards so after she had activated all of them and I didn't have enough money, she suggested I buy a drink, pay for it at another register (so she didn't have to go through the whole activation process all over again) and request $40 cash back. That's what I did, but they charged a $1.50 convenience fee for cash back transactions. So to everyone else, be aware that you need to go to the atm beforehand before you take advantage of this deal!

My BK cards were also a pain to activate.  Thankfully the cashier was very patient and got all 20 cards done.
No problems with the Taco Bell cards. 

I had no problem paying for all the cards I purchased with a credit card which netted me another 2% cashback. 

Interesting. I wonder why the "cash only for gift cards" policy is a store-by-store policy and not the same across the chain. This was such a good deal that I was willing to pay cash and the $1.50 cash back convenience fee. Under any other circumstance, I would never let a business force me to pay cash for something (but I do let Mom & Pop places slide when they have the over $10 signs at the register).

rated:
My 6 taco bell cards from two different stores had no problem being activated.

rated:
F.Y.I. I just came from a store where I attempted activation of several Taco Bell cards to which the cashier had a message on her
register indicating the card could not be activated and to pull all remaining cards.  She told me that they had also pulled
all the Burger King cards.....

rated:
meade18 said:   I didn't know that you had to pay cash for the gift cards so after she had activated all of them and I didn't have enough money, she suggested I buy a drink, pay for it at another register (so she didn't have to go through the whole activation process all over again) and request $40 cash back. That's what I did, but they charged a $1.50 convenience fee for cash back transactions. So to everyone else, be aware that you need to go to the atm beforehand before you take advantage of this deal!

I ended up going to two different DG's. One made me pay cash, one didn't. 

rated:
Hit two stores last night. Struck out completely at the first. The 2nd only had $15 BK cards left, but I figured it's good enough. So I bought the last 4 they had... Almost hit a 3rd DG but got there right as they locked the doors... Just missed it!

Skipping 17 Messages...
rated:
dj63401 said:   
tightpapa said:   Bought out all the Taco Bell and Burger King at my local store right after the ad came out. Was in there yesterday and they had replenished them so I got some more.
  Did they have any of the $10 Burger King Gift Cards?

Yes BUT YMMV

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2016