• filter:
  • Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
Voting History
rated:

Member Summary
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
Great saw! If you dont need to cut 12"+ boards this is all you need. 3 year warranty too

rated:
Is there a bigger slider for 12"+ boards or are you just saying you'd then need either a circular or table saw?

rated:
How much do I want dual-BEVEL which this doesn't have? I'm just thinking if I'm going to invest in a compound slider, I want dual BEVEL. It's like getting a Cadillac with no a/c.

rated:
Bagofchips said:   Is there a bigger slider for 12"+ boards or are you just saying you'd then need either a circular or table saw?
Im just saying anything over the blade size will require multiple cuts. And for finer work you dont want to be cutting things the same size as the blade since it tends to splinter.

This one doesnt slide. With this setup you can cut a 5 1/2" 45 degree BEVEL if I recall correctly. With a slider you can cut a much longer distance of course.

I agree about duel BEVEL. You can get away with less but its SO nice to have. Ive got the dewalt dual BEVEL compound slider myself. Hell of a tool

rated:
iLetTheDogsOut said:   Great saw! If you dont need to cut 12"+ boards this is all you need. 3 year warranty too
To clarify, maximum 90* crosscut capacity is a 2x8 board. 
Detailed specs at http://dewalttoolsreview.com/dewalt-dw715-compound-miter-saw-rev...

rated:
I would say that if you are doing lots of interior trim work (crown molding ,etc) then you probably want a dual BEVEL. The price goes up really fast if you want dual-BEVEL, sliding, etc.

I used this saw to build a deck this summer. For cutting the 6x6 posts and 2x10 boards, you just flip the board around and slice it again. For the 2x12's I had to use a circular saw.

The only time it really let me down was cutting a 1x10 composite trim board at a 45 degree angle (1 sided, back was un-finished). Because of single BEVEL, I couldn't flip it around and cut the other way, just set my circular saw at 45 and cut slowly.

rated:
By the way I misread the listing talking about sliders. It's not a slider -- looked like one in the picture and then saw the 12" which rightly or wrongly I usually equate with sliders. Should have known better given the price and brand.

rated:
Price now $199

rated:
Lowes has a Dewalt 12-in 15-Amp Dual BEVEL Sliding Compound Miter Saw (DWS709) on sale now for $379.  Not a bad price.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2016