posted 20 days ago by
TruSolja
Thrifty Member

Early Black Friday deal has this 6700k beast of a processor at the lowest price I've ever seen it listed for. $259.99 @ Microcenter.

Link: http://www.microcenter.com/product/451883/Core_i7-6700K_40GHz_LG... 

This is the CPU only, no fan or cooler included.

EDIT: Can also get an additional $30.00 off if purchasing a compatible Motherboard in the same transaction.
I just got the Asus Sabertooth (200 bucks MSRP) for 109.99, after the additional 30 off of the 139.99 BF sale price.

9 Comments
Add Comment
Moderator Comment: This thread is mirrored to these forums: MOBILE, LAPTOPS, AND COMPUTERS, HOT DEALS. — Dec. 7, 2016 @ 2:36pm
rated:
Lowest price, because it is now last generation. Not that it isn't still a great proc, it's just isn't the latest. The new gen is much more effecient with 4K & HEVC, which I have started to use as my default codec & always wish I had more power.

also, in-store only

rated:
MeIsCheap said:   Lowest price, because it is now last generation. Not that it isn't still a great proc, it's just isn't the latest. The new gen is much more effecient with 4K & HEVC, which I have started to use as my default codec & always wish I had more power.

also, in-store only

Who is selling the Intel i7-7700K processor?

rated:
Still doing fine with the 4770K I got for $279.99 2.2 years ago. This one being only 10% faster confirms moore's law is dead.

rated:
The quad core kabylake chips aren't coming out til at least Q1 2017. So the 67xx series quad cores are still current. The 7xxx kabylake dual cores have been out for a couple weeks now, with the big differences being better graphics and able to hold turbo speeds for longer periods.

Not that it matters for desktops but when the quad core kabylake notebook processors hit we should be getting some 28w 4core/8thread i7 processors for the first time.

Honestly though the 4xxx, 5xxx and 6xxx all perform about the same in processing give or take 5-10% depending on specific chip... the GPU is better with each iteration though.

rated:
I used to love buying these at the one in San Jose, then they closed...... MOFO MC, it's silicon valley you have to have one here !!

rated:
great deal, thanks

rated:
It's not last gen yet, but the next generation will be released in the next few months. It's one of the best processors on the market, for a great price.

And if you don't have anything comparable (I'm still using a Dual Core from 2006 unfortunately), it's worth the upgrade NOW instead of waiting.

rated:
Maybe not last-gen based on availability, but knowing their is newer just around the corner, I'd rather have the latest & greatest (on sale at least). And for me, the particular jump in specs for HEVC/x265 encoding, makes it worth the wait.

rated:
Yeah man, not knocking you. If I had an i5 or better, I'd be waiting to.

My processor is ancient now, and I'm building the predecessor this year. Good luck!

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2016