• filter:
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
Voting History
rated:
Starting this Friday, November 18 through Sunday November 20 , a family of four can get two lines FREE at T-Mobile

Basically you need to pay for 2 lines.  Then if you add 2 new lines, those 2 new lines would be free.  The offer is good for new or existing customers.

The offer for two lines free is available on T-Mobile ONE AND Simple Choice.

Limited time offers; subject to change. While supplies last. Plus taxes & fees; device taxes due at sale. Smartphone/tablet offers for well-qualified customers; qualifying plan and 24-mo finance agreements required. If you cancel wireless service or switch plans, you may lose bill credits and/or full device balance will become due. On all plans, during congestion the top 3% of data users (>28GB/mo.) may notice reduced speeds until next bill cycle due to data prioritization. Video typically streams on smartphone/tablet at DVD quality (480p). Two Lines Free: Via bill credits; may take 2 bill cycles; 2+ paid voice lines required. Activate all lines by 11/20/16. Galaxy S7/Tab E/Gpad X: After 24 monthly bill credits; may take 2 bill cycles. Gear VR/Oculus: Follow instructions to submit claim form and receipt by 12/12/16.

Below is the link to the info on T-Mobile website

We have Simple Choice plan with 5 lines.  We were going to add one line.  The representative I talked to stated that we do not need to purchase a phone to get this deal.  We can bring our own unlocked phone.  Earlier today a representative incorrectly told us one of our existing lines would be free as well (since we were only adding one line).  The second representative said they had to be new lines.

T Mobile Magenta Deal 

Moderator Comment: This thread is mirrored to these forums: MOBILE, LAPTOPS, AND COMPUTERS, HOT DEALS. — Dec. 6, 2016 @ 8:20am
Member Summary

T-Mobile (3.86kB)
Thanks Virgil27
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
The Stylo2 is included in the deals they are offering, its not something they are doing "special" for you. All the "fre... (more)

RedWolfe01 (Nov. 23, 2016 @ 1:17p) |

Compare to this Sprint one is better 5 lines with Unlimited Talk, Text and Data for $100

parameshpavula (Nov. 23, 2016 @ 1:36p) |

wished they would've just make 2 lines free. i have 6 existing lines. sigh

ernie334 (Nov. 23, 2016 @ 4:14p) |

The deal has been extended until the end of the day on Tuesday.
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
It is no different than what they have now - if you get 4 lines, it is 35 bucks a month which is 140 bucks (price for 2 lines).

rated:
Wrong, I'm on SC 4 lines/6GB for $120 and I can get 2 more 6GB lines for free. Excellent deal just to pay tax on lines.

Only caveat is if you cancel any line before or after adding the lines, the offer will be voided.

Offer not exclusive to One plan or new customers. It's win-win if you can use the extra lines.

rated:
dumroo said:   It is no different than what they have now - if you get 4 lines, it is 35 bucks a month which is 140 bucks (price for 2 lines).
  Right now the current offer for T-Mobile One is $140 for 4 lines.  The first is $70, second is $50, third is $20, fourth is free.  With this deal, the third one would also be free.  So it would be $120 a month instead of the $140 a month.  

For existing accounts, it is a good deal if you have to add more lines.  We have a young child that we've been putting off having a smart phone.  They will now be able to have a phone.  Plus some friends are going to move their parents onto an existing account.

rated:
Free for how long? 2 years?

rated:
If only I trusted TMobile to make changes to my account correctly. Every time they do this they screw up massively.

rated:
This sound like $120 for 4 lines vs $140 for 4 lines for T-Mobile ONE plan.
And Simple Choice family plans $80 (2GB Data) for 4 lines vs $100 for 4 lines.
In reality its $20 discount on monthly plan.

rated:
I have 6 lines on my account, I need an extra line for my son. To get this offer I would have to add 2 lines to my existing 6 lines to get 2 additional free lines. This is what I understand from the information on the T-Mobile website. I'm going to end up with 10 lines, paying for 8 when I need only 7.

rated:
From T-Mobile Site:

Can I get this deal in addition to T-Mobile’s other promotions?

Yes. You may take advantage of this offer as well as our other offers and promotions, including Carrier Freedom.

Previously took advantage of our 4th Line Free promotion will be able to add one additional line on us for a total of 2 lines free after bill credit.

rated:
Can you add lines later and keep the two free lines?

rated:
I started out last Sept opended my account on get 3 lines get the 4th one free For $99. Now a year later my bill has gone from 120 to as far as 196 back forth different add ons plan changes they totally screwed up my account every month its different now Im at 5 lines with 2 GB and pay 140 GD..Very Unstatsified with this BS and now Tmobile wants to take away some of Features Restrict certain phones to only use with Tmobile No contract here buddy no way in hell.

rated:
just pay taxes on 2 lines,,that is a lot for something that is "FREE"the taxes and fees are huge...(we wont go in to why)

rated:
uafgrad said:   If only I trusted TMobile to make changes to my account correctly. Every time they do this they screw up massively.
  Totally agree. I had to chat/call them 6 times already regarding the "credit" that they are supposed to add to my line that they messed up when I do the iphone 7 trade in on a different line (not even the same line). Everytime I call, they can't really do anything but to give me the $12 credit...

rated:
Currently on a grand father $112/month for 6 lines plus tax and equipment charges. I don't think it can get better.

rated:
I have 4 lines @10BG/line for $120 now. Switching to this new plan...I can't just go to 4 lines unlimited for $120? Switching to this will make me have 6 lines? I'm confused....

rated:
what is the tax rate for tmobile in NM for the Simple Choice family plans $80 (2GB Data) for 4 line (upcoming promo). I have cricket 5 lines no tax flat $100, no ifs and buts....

rated:
This is really great deal, but I hate to make any changes on my account - every time there is change to my account, billing gets screwed for atleast next 2 bill cycles.

rated:
 OOrochiimaru said:   
uafgrad said:   If only I trusted TMobile to make changes to my account correctly. Every time they do this they screw up massively.
  Totally agree. I had to chat/call them 6 times already regarding the "credit" that they are supposed to add to my line that they messed up when I do the iphone 7 trade in on a different line (not even the same line). Everytime I call, they can't really do anything but to give me the $12 credit...

I have the same experience.  You have to watch your bill EVERY MONTH to make sure it is correct. 

rated:
way2slifer said:   Free for how long? 2 years?
  The representatives said it is free indefinitely.

rated:
anagoree said:   This sound like $120 for 4 lines vs $140 for 4 lines for T-Mobile ONE plan.
And Simple Choice family plans $80 (2GB Data) for 4 lines vs $100 for 4 lines.
In reality its $20 discount on monthly plan.

Yes you are correct, it is $20 off a month if you only have 4 lines.  In my case with Simple Choice and adding two free lines, it is a $40/month discount

rated:
I just chatted with T-Mobile and they said "This promo is only eligible for those account who has 2 lines in the account." I currently have 4 lines and wanted to add a free line, the rep said I would not be eligible. Anyone run into the same thing?

rated:
toneohm said:   I have 6 lines on my account, I need an extra line for my son. To get this offer I would have to add 2 lines to my existing 6 lines to get 2 additional free lines. This is what I understand from the information on the T-Mobile website. I'm going to end up with 10 lines, paying for 8 when I need only 7.
  You don't need to open 2 new lines.  We are opening just 1 line for free.  We will have to pay taxes on that extra line I assume.

You would only open one line.  So you would have a total of 7 with that 7th one being free. (plus taxes)

rated:
bobley said:   Can you add lines later and keep the two free lines?
  We have Simple Choice.  Which is $20 for additional lines.  I asked in two months if I want to add another line, will it nullify this deal.  The representative said no.  The free lines would stay free and the new lines would be $20.  Although I would confirm with any rep you talk to as we have seen some give wrong info.

rated:
trumpotron said:   just pay taxes on 2 lines,,that is a lot for something that is "FREE"the taxes and fees are huge...(we wont go in to why)
  I know for our current lines, I am pretty sure we pay a little less than $5 a month on each line.  We do have the Simple Choice plan.

rated:
gvayl said:   I have 4 lines @10BG/line for $120 now. Switching to this new plan...I can't just go to 4 lines unlimited for $120? Switching to this will make me have 6 lines? I'm confused....
  Yours is kind of tricky I think.  The free lines that are given are for new lines.  So you would not be able to switch to the new plan.  I'm not sure if this would work.  You'll have to go in store or call.  One option, but you would loose out a month fees possibly....

Open up a new account for 4 lines at the $120.  Then port over your other numbers to those on the new account.  Then close the original account.  The problem arises is if you just paid for the original account, you loose that money you just paid.

rated:
way2slifer said:   I just chatted with T-Mobile and they said "This promo is only eligible for those account who has 2 lines in the account." I currently have 4 lines and wanted to add a free line, the rep said I would not be eligible. Anyone run into the same thing?
 We talked to three different reps and all said we could open 2 free lines (we already have 5 lines).

If you call again or someone else hears differently let us know.

rated:
I pay 80 for 2 lines and now I will get 4 lines with 6 GB for 80/ month. I can stop paying extra for 6 GB which costs me an extra $20, cause my 2 lines only come with 2 GB.

THIS IS AN AWESOME DEAL.

rated:
I'm on Simple Choice with 4 lines already. Can I get the 2 existing lines free with this deal?

rated:
lynnt1 said:   
gvayl said:   I have 4 lines @10BG/line for $120 now. Switching to this new plan...I can't just go to 4 lines unlimited for $120? Switching to this will make me have 6 lines? I'm confused....
  Yours is kind of tricky I think.  The free lines that are given are for new lines.  So you would not be able to switch to the new plan.  I'm not sure if this would work.  You'll have to go in store or call.  One option, but you would loose out a month fees possibly....

Open up a new account for 4 lines at the $120.  Then port over your other numbers to those on the new account.  Then close the original account.  The problem arises is if you just paid for the original account, you loose that money you just paid.

I was thinking about doing the same as far as opening a new account then porting over my existing 4 lines thus closing out the original account,.  however t mobile is saying I would lose my phone numbers since I am porting over from the same carrier.  since this is a new promotion not surprised to hear folks hearing different answers. 
like to hear who successfully get's this done when the promotion starts tomorrow.

rated:
Enticing...but TMo always screws up my current lines/plans when I make any kind of changes.  There has to be a catch here...perhaps trying to remove users from the truly unlimited plan to the throttled unlimited plan.

rated:
How much are you guys paying for your T-Mobile One plans with 4 lines? They are charging my credit card $173 a month after all the taxes and fees are included. That sure is a lot of taxes for a plan that was supposed $120 for 4 lines as they claim ($53 in extra taxes and fees). They claim in their promos they will charge you one thing then when you get your bill, you see all these miscellaneous confusing extra charges that jack up the price. The bill looks like they are playing the shell game with you to confuse you and throw you off.

rated:
Can I use the free 3rd and 4th lines for my tablets that has a slot for T-Mobile SIM card? Would be awesome if I can use it to get unlimited data for my tablets.

rated:
  Agreed! You have to find the right rep who knows what he/she is doing. Last time they changed my grandfather plan and hung up on me. Took them three weeks to change everything back to where it was.

It's very likely the rep who pick up your call doesn't even know such promotion exists. If an Indian picked up the phone, don't bother to ask, just switch to another rep!

My T-mobile nightmare 

rated:
i got my plan about 4yrs ago during superbowl. It was $100 includes 4lines with 2.5gb per line. $10/per new line. up to 10 line.

I have 6 lines for $120. Also, they have upgraded to 4gb per line for free.
My plan better for me than switching.

Only thing that's bad is Tmo One plan has free unlimited high speed now if you travel international.

rated:
So, a plan for a family of 5 would cost how much?

rated:
muitec said:   I'm on Simple Choice with 4 lines already. Can I get the 2 existing lines free with this deal?
  Two out of 3 reps told us an existing line would not be able to convert to free.  They would have to be new lines.

We have 5 lines and are adding one line.  We were trying to see if one of our existing lines could also be free and 2/3 reps said no.

rated:
do they charge new line activation fees? Sometimes they charge $35 per line

rated:
alpmom said:   I pay 80 for 2 lines and now I will get 4 lines with 6 GB for 80/ month. I can stop paying extra for 6 GB which costs me an extra $20, cause my 2 lines only come with 2 GB.

THIS IS AN AWESOME DEAL.

I am the same, 2 lines 2GB each for $80/month, can I add 2 more lines for free and get 6GB per line? total 4 lines 6GB each for still $80/month?  

rated:
I have 6 lines with 2GB data each for $150 including taxes. I don't need any extra lines.

Can I switch to their new 6GB simple choice family share plan which is $120 for 4 lines and add two more lines for free? Will this work?

Skipping 42 Messages...
rated:
wished they would've just make 2 lines free. i have 6 existing lines. sigh

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2016