posted 23 days ago by
Xenocrates
Deal Hunter - I Deal Therefore I Am

Best Buy has the Samsung 48" 1080p Smart LED HDTV (UN48J5201A) on sale for $279.99 with free shipping

Deal Notes: The model number of this TV is a variant of a Samsung model that has been out for awhile, so it would appear to be a Black Friday model. It is likely a cheaper version of the UN5200 series. This is hard to confirm, but for reference RTINGS has a great review of the UN5200 series. 

• 48" 1080p LED Backlit LCD Display
  • 60Hz
  • 2 HDMI and 1 USB Inputs
  • WiFi
  • 9 x 26.5 x 39 Inches (w/ stand)

Rated 4.5/5 stars with 2,052 customer reviews.

The next lowest price from a rated merchant on Google Shopping is $752.48 from Jet.com. This price seems so much higher that it is likely some kind of fluke or pricing error. However Jet is the only other seller that comes up on Google. Take this price comparison with a grain of salt.

4 Comments
Add Comment
Moderator Comment: This thread is mirrored to these forums: MOVIES AND HOME THEATER, HOT DEALS. — Dec. 10, 2016 @ 10:23pm
rated:
Sounds like a good deal. Thanks.

rated:
looks like a deal!
However, after reading reviews on Best Buy, The remote control, which is used a lot by me, apparently
isn't the best quality..
One reviewer said: "The remote control is awful. You have to point right at the middle bottom part of the tv for any controls to work. Very inconvenient. I do not think a smart tv is necessary upon owning one, nor a screen resolution that is supposed to look so clear but looks fake to me."

rated:
sartor said:   looks like a deal!
However, after reading reviews on Best Buy, The remote control, which is used a lot by me, apparently
isn't the best quality..
One reviewer said: "The remote control is awful. You have to point right at the middle bottom part of the tv for any controls to work. Very inconvenient. I do not think a smart tv is necessary upon owning one, nor a screen resolution that is supposed to look so clear but looks fake to me."

Yeah that sounds like they don't like the soap opera effect which you can usually turn off. Remotes are pretty replaceable and on smart Samsungs you can usually use a phone app as your remote if needed or buy a cheap decent universal. Not to mention if you have a cable box of some kind usually that remote takes over anyhow.

rated:
sounds like a great deal

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2016