posted 15 days ago by
Broke Member

So I've been eyeing this laptop for a bit now, it was previously on sale for $600 (down from $700), but now it seems the manufactuers price went down $100, so its one sale for $500. Seems like a good price for the specs, so I'm going to jump on it.

Note: some people hate the shift key placement

http://www.costco.com/Lenovo-Flex-4-Series-2-in-1-Touchscreen-La...

23 Comments
Add Comment
Moderator Comment: This thread is mirrored to these forums: MOBILE, LAPTOPS, AND COMPUTERS, HOT DEALS. — Dec. 3, 2016 @ 3:54am
rated:
Wait for the following one - it is supposed to go on sale for same price later on.

For one thing, the model that you are buying has AMD graphics and I researched it a bit and it seemed crappy compared to built in graphics.
Also the next one coming in from Costco has the 7th generation processor with even faster graphics - so you get newest processor with better graphics at same price.

rated:
Thanks for posting the deal. Is the screen Full HD resolution?

rated:
PrincipalMember said:   Wait for the following one - it is supposed to go on sale for same price later on.

For one thing, the model that you are buying has AMD graphics and I researched it a bit and it seemed crappy compared to built in graphics.
Also the next one coming in from Costco has the 7th generation processor with even faster graphics - so you get newest processor with better graphics at same price.

Link? Is this a BF deal?

rated:
ARMAGA said:   Thanks for posting the deal. Is the screen Full HD resolution?
  if you consider "full HD" to be defined the way marketing has blasted the term around.. then yes,  it is 1080p

rated:
What's the refresh rate ??

rated:
PrincipalMember said:   Wait for the following one - it is supposed to go on sale for same price later on.

They are not the same price.  You're comparing $500 to $700...   how do you justify expecting the $700 to drop to $500?
at any rate.. apples to apples here... the $500 is more than enough for about 95% of users.  Very few people can do enough on a laptop to really tax an i5 with 8gb of RAM enough to warrant the money to go to i7 and 16gb.    the difference in graphics is quite negligable for the common user...as either will stream youtube/netflix with no issues.

rated:
robstahl21 said:   

They are not the same price.  You're comparing $500 to $700...   how do you justify expecting the $700 to drop to $500?
at any rate.. apples to apples here... the $500 is more than enough for about 95% of users.  Very few people can do enough on a laptop to really tax an i5 with 8gb of RAM enough to warrant the money to go to i7 and 16gb.    the difference in graphics is quite negligable for the common user...as either will stream youtube/netflix with no issues.

You didnt read the part that it will go on sale for the same price. It is listed in the Costco book that you can see on Costco site.

rated:
I might have seen something wrong - looks like it is going to be much higher price and in that case, this configuration is really good for the price.

rated:
It's already $250 off. I don't think it'll be an additional $250 off...

rated:
VoR said:   It's already $250 off. I don't think it'll be an additional $250 off...
You are correct, it is already $250 off until 11/24.
here's the link
Lenovo-Flex-4-Series-2-in-1-Touchscreen-Laptop---Intel-Core-i7---1080p

Another $200 off after 11/24 for BF is possible but unlikely, as it is not listed in the Holiday Savings handout

rated:
didNOTsearch said:   
VoR said:   It's already $250 off. I don't think it'll be an additional $250 off...
here's the link

Another $200 off after 11/24 for BF is possible but unlikely, as it is not listed in the Holiday Savings handout

Now at home and checking my notes. Sorry - it is supposed to be $700 (which is what it is selling for now).

Staples is going to have the same model without the AMD graphics for $500 on black friday sale (see page 5 of the ad).

http://www.staples.com/Lenovo-Flex-4-14-8-GB-RAM-256-GB-SSD-Inte... 

From my initial comparison, it looked like the AMD graphics was not as good as the integrated graphics in the Staples model and consumed more power. But it is a big toss up - slightly better graphics vs one additional year warranty from Costco - I would probably go for the Costco thing due to the warranty.

rated:
polishdreamer said:   What's the refresh rate ??

rated:
PrincipalMember said:   
didNOTsearch said:   
here's the link

Now at home and checking my notes. Sorry - it is supposed to be $700 (which is what it is selling for now).

Staples is going to have the same model without the AMD graphics for $500 on black friday sale (see page 5 of the ad).

http://www.staples.com/Lenovo-Flex-4-14-8-GB-RAM-256-GB-SSD-Inte... 

From my initial comparison, it looked like the AMD graphics was not as good as the integrated graphics in the Staples model and consumed more power. But it is a big toss up - slightly better graphics vs one additional year warranty from Costco - I would probably go for the Costco thing due to the warranty.

Staples is going to have the same one that is $500 now? If so, seems Costco is the clear choice.

rated:
Staples is going to have the same one that is $500 now? If so, seems Costco is the clear choice.

Not exactly the same. Costco has AMD graphics which in theory should be faster but in this particular case is slower. The Staples model uses internal graphics - slightly better perf and based on specs, should be lower power consumption.

rated:
PrincipalMember said:   
Staples is going to have the same one that is $500 now? If so, seems Costco is the clear choice.

Not exactly the same. Costco has AMD graphics which in theory should be faster but in this particular case is slower. The Staples model uses internal graphics - slightly better perf and based on specs, should be lower power consumption.

Also, for some people, warranty is not that important - they want the lowest possible price today. You can buy Staples gift cards at discount. Additionally, some people like to get a jump on the Staples rewards status (I personally don't bother - not worth my time).

For me, the warranty is important and that is why I said earlier that I like the Costco model better for that reason. Also, even though I purchased the Yoga from BestBuy, I used my Costco Visa there - I want the 2 year warranty extension that comes with the Costco Visa.

rated:
Looks like online only deal? Or it maybe available in warehouse - I can stop by and not pay the $15 shipping?

rated:
mailvips said:   Looks like online only deal? Or it maybe available in warehouse - I can stop by and not pay the $15 shipping?

Google express was willing to deliver it - so maybe a local warehouse thingy.

rated:
PrincipalMember said:   
mailvips said:   Looks like online only deal? Or it maybe available in warehouse - I can stop by and not pay the $15 shipping?

I believe its in store too - though I got mine via Google Express

rated:
PrincipalMember said:   

From my Google Express, I cannot find this model, when searching "Lenovo flex 4" , the only one result is the i7/$849.99 version.

rated:
mountainer said:   
PrincipalMember said:   

From my Google Express, I cannot find this model, when searching "Lenovo flex 4" , the only one result is the i7/$849.99 version.

Maybe this link will work https://www.google.com/express/product/8093598209433962670_17916...

rated:
can this unit do 4K video output?

rated:
mountainer said:   
PrincipalMember said:   

From my Google Express, I cannot find this model, when searching "Lenovo flex 4" , the only one result is the i7/$849.99 version.

Maybe this link will work https://www.google.com/express/product/8093598209433962670_17916309528969204100_9090995

Thank! It works to show up... but showing "Sold out" on my account.

rated:
OOS

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2016