posted 19 days ago by
subhobroto

FreedomPop Global 3-in-1 SIM Kit + Free 1GB Bonus - FreedomPop - $0.25

https://www.freedompop.com/offer/bfvoicesimbonus?utm_campaign=bf...

Global 3-in-1 Sim Card Kit 
Global Unlimited Talk, Text, and 1GB Trial 
Premium Plus Trial
Free 1GB Bonus 
Today's Special: $0.25 + Free Shipping

Features:

Compatible with most unlocked GSM AT&T and Tmobile phones
Use your phone around the world
Free Basic Plan: 200 mins, 500 texts & 200MB
No contract. No commitment. Cancel anytime.
Free unlimited calling & texting between FreedomPop Phones
High Speed HSPA+ and Nationwide 3G
WiFi calling and texting from anywhere
Get a new phone number or keep your own
Free international calling from over 60 countries
Earn additional free data every month by adding friends
Earn unlimited free data by completing partner offers 
FreedomPop service currently only supports Android and Apple devices running Android 4.0+ and iOS 7.0+
Sim ships activated

14 Comments
Add Comment
Moderator Comment: This thread is mirrored to these forums: MOBILE, LAPTOPS, AND COMPUTERS, HOT DEALS. — Dec. 7, 2016 @ 4:31pm
rated:
Please note the Premium Plus Trial that comes with the account. If you don't downgrade this, a charge of $8/mo will apply after Trial

rated:
subhobroto said:   Please note the Premium Plus Trial that comes with the account. If you don't downgrade this, a charge of $8/mo will apply after Trial
  You beat me to it.  Tip 2: It's mentioned in the post but make sure you take advantage of the freedom friends program to get an extra 500mb every month.  What was't mentioned above is that there are lists of people that will take your invitation and it's real easy.

rated:
giqcass said:   
subhobroto said:   Please note the Premium Plus Trial that comes with the account. If you don't downgrade this, a charge of $8/mo will apply after Trial
  You beat me to it.  Tip 2: It's mentioned in the post but make sure you take advantage of the freedom friends program to get an extra 500mb every month.  What was't mentioned above is that there are lists of people that will take your invitation and it's real easy.

also note that I got similar deal before. I downgraded and it still charged me $8. It turns out that you have to downgrade again. even thought it shows free data, but still charge $8 for something else verbage. downgrade menu is a beast to navigate. for those getting it, make sure you downgrade all the way. I ended up disputing with my credit card. afterwards, FreedomPop canceled my account. oh well... 

rated:
wiru said:   
giqcass said:   

also note that I got similar deal before. I downgraded and it still charged me $8. It turns out that you have to downgrade again. even thought it shows free data, but still charge $8 for something else verbage. downgrade menu is a beast to navigate. for those getting it, make sure you downgrade all the way. I ended up disputing with my credit card. afterwards, FreedomPop canceled my account. oh well... 

That's what subhobroto was referring to. The $8 is from the Premium Plus Trial. You must cancel that AND the 1GB Trial. It's very confusing because there are two trials. If you would have gotten ahold of FreedomPop to get the charge reversed insted of you Credit card company your service would not have been cancelled.

rated:
Does online cancelling normally work with FreedomPop? I have 3 hotspots that I cancelled online ~2 months ago, and they continue to bill me for them.

My guess is that calling FreedomPop at 888-743-8107 (the phone number they list on my credit-card statements) will not be a fun experience.

rated:
austex said:   Does online cancelling normally work with FreedomPop? I have 3 hotspots that I cancelled online ~2 months ago, and they continue to bill me for them.

My guess is that calling FreedomPop at 888-743-8107 (the phone number they list on my credit-card statements) will not be a fun experience.

You can downgrade to the free plan and cancel services online.  That means no bill.  However canceling the free plan requires a phone call.  Eventually FreedomPop will cancel the free service themselves if it isn't used or the billing isn't updated.

rated:
Austex,

Much better to cancel than keep paying! You just have to jump through their hoops and not take no for an answer.  If your account is current, I'd put in the web CS request (https://support.freedompop.com/) being very clear that you want zero charges on a month to month basis.  Do not say you want free service.  They have add on's they like not to cancel (on my daughter's phone) even when they downgrade to the "free service".  For example, I have the free plan on my phone, but choose to pay extra for v-mail and premium voice.

I purchased a hot spot, never figured out how to use it (no instructions & no time to dig), then received an email to update billing by midnight or my account would be suspended. Monthly charge had not cleared the virtual credit card used for purchase. Updated billing with another virtual CC -- limits $, time, and vendor who can charge, but account was already suspended. System would not let me downgrade to the free plan until my account was active. Put in an online customer service request to downgrade and was denied downgrade without payment of nearly $50. Concerned they'd cancel my phone too, when payment would not go through for both the hot spot service and the phone service that I wanted to keep, I called the customer service number. Spoke to someone in India, with an OK accent but bad connection making it difficult to hear. She again denied ability to downgrade without $50, but said I could call back to request a refund the following day. I asked for a supervisor. Was put on hold, then told they'd send email confirmation that I could request the refund after the payment cleared the following day. Unfortunately they refused to send any confirmation of the agreement that payment would be fully refunded if I paid and downgraded and requested refund. I'd have to trust them to note my account and be given nothing but a confirmation number that related to their system (no proof). Sounded very flaky. I audio recorded the agent explaining and made the payment again with a Citibank virtual credit card number. I figured I could dispute it with the credit card, if I had some evidence of the agreement.

After this call, I updated the web CS request placed earlier to note the ticket number of the call and requesting a full refund of the charge which was only necessary to activate my account and downgrade to the free plan. The following day I received email notice from Freedom pop that the hot spot was downgraded (fully free month-to-month), my phone service would remain unchanged ($7.99 for premium plus) and that I'd been credited the refund. I verified with the credit card company and all seems well.

I've since discovered the default hot spot password with a web search for instructions – I expect the hot spot to work and be fully free.  Altho it is a tiny amount of data (500 MG).

rated:
Thank you for the case study ctoplarry.

rated:
does anyone actually have this particular "plan"?
it says 200MB of data PLUS a bonus of 1GB (is that 1GB for the first month only or recurring?0
Plus unlimited talk, text, and 1GB trial (is this separate from the 1GB BONUS they are offering?)
even with 500 FF addon, that's just not enough data to do anything with - my average, which is also my almost maximum data usage per month is about 1GB! 
Now, if it comes with 1.2GB per month, every month, then the addon taking to 1.7 would be perfect!!!

rated:
giqcass said:   
wiru said:   
giqcass said:   

also note that I got similar deal before. I downgraded and it still charged me $8. It turns out that you have to downgrade again. even thought it shows free data, but still charge $8 for something else verbage. downgrade menu is a beast to navigate. for those getting it, make sure you downgrade all the way. I ended up disputing with my credit card. afterwards, FreedomPop canceled my account. oh well... 

That's what subhobroto was referring to. The $8 is from the Premium Plus Trial. You must cancel that AND the 1GB Trial. It's very confusing because there are two trials. If you would have gotten ahold of FreedomPop to get the charge reversed insted of you Credit card company your service would not have been cancelled.

Thanks for that tip.  I ordered last week using a Amex gift card.  I downgraded as soon as it was shipped.  I went back after reading the posts here and realized that I still had the possible $8 looming so I cancelled that too.  You do have to cancel the add-ons separately.

rated:
Can I order more than 1...need 2

rated:
giqcass said:   
wiru said:   
giqcass said:   

​I did try to contact FreedomPop initially but they were no help.  credit card was a last resort for me. just sharing my experience to other FW'er to make sure you completely downgrade. good luck.

rated:
voyagerbob said:   Can I order more than 1...need 2
  Just place separate orders.  I did 4 the first time I ordered from them.  You just need to make sure to downgrade and cancel the extra services on every line to avoid getting charged.  

rated:
I got in on the 99 cents SIM card deal and received it yeasterday. So far, I am not impressed. Took $19.99 to activate (I was OK with that since I had planned to just use the free service and figured in the long run the activation fee would pay for itself). Downloading the FreedomPop messaging app was  challenging; ended up uninstalling and reinstalling a total of three times - final time worked. OK whatever. But then I am now having issues recieving phone calls and texts. It's very annoying. The service seems to be very spotty - I'm lucky if I get two bars on the phone . I don't know if I am just in a bad area for the service or what, but I am not impressed. At this point I just want to cancel altogether and not even deal with the "free" service. It doesn't seem to be worth it - especially after the stories I'm hearing about canceling and still being charged. What a mess. I wish I had never even bothered with this in the first place. This is so not worth it to me

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2016