rated:
You must have a car that had service before

rated:
yesidonoitall said:   You must have a car that had service before

added that. thanks.

rated:
i would read the T and C VERY carefully on this. I had service, and discontinued it. Actually i changed the CC, and it didn't renew. they still charged me for the 45 days after because i failed to follow their cancellation guidelines. Even though you may not be paying directly with a CC, you may be on the hook.

The last letter said pay or it goes to collections.

YMMV.

rated:
Step 1. Go to the website, type in your Radio ID, Type in the same postal code, BUT a different last name
Step 2. Should come up as an eligible radio if followed step 1.
Step 3. Click on Create a New Account
Step 4. Now on the top right corner, click "My account" from the drop down, log in to your account
Step 5. Under your existing radio ID, select Activate subscription
Step 6. Under subscription options, you will now see "Activate my complimentary trial"
Step 7. Select that option and continue on with your 2 month trial.

rated:
Just activated my company car. If I get a bill for even a penny, going to war.

rated:
access denied error - maybe dead?

rated:
diskmon said:   access denied error - maybe dead?

not dead.

rated:
diskmon said:   access denied error - maybe dead?
  Keep trying, I got that at first, they were getting hammered I would say

rated:
It's a company of cheats.

rated:
Changing the Last name worked fine...

rated:
Wads said:   i would read the T and C VERY carefully on this. I had service, and discontinued it. Actually i changed the CC, and it didn't renew. they still charged me for the 45 days after because i failed to follow their cancellation guidelines. Even though you may not be paying directly with a CC, you may be on the hook.

YMMV.

So what you're saying is that you didn't discontinue the service. You merely thought that by not allowing them to charge your credit card, you would effectively cancel service. That's not the way it works, as you found out. If you have a paid subscription, the service continues until you cancel. It seems like in this case you also have to call them to cancel (check the wording on the bottom of the page). However, you should be able to get a 5 month for $20 or 6 month for $25 offer at that point. For those prices, the service is worth it to me. Not at full price.

rated:
FYI, in the terms & conditions of this trial:

https://listenercare.siriusxm.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/3669
Does my trial subscription automatically renew?
No. Your trial is just a trial — it's yours to enjoy for the duration. No commitment, no obligation. Of course, we hope you'll love it so much you sign up to keep enjoying all our great...

rated:
I dont know who these companies think they are but I had similar in quitting dishnetwork, was told in eMail I have to call some department to do that and I could not cancel by eMail
It had been 40 years since I HAD TO DO ANYTHING
After I sent them an eMail telling what they could do with this and that member of their family they saw it my way
They said they would send prepaid boxes to return receivers...
WHAT? I owned the equipment

rated:
billrubin said:   
Wads said:   i would read the T and C VERY carefully on this. I had service, and discontinued it. Actually i changed the CC, and it didn't renew. they still charged me for the 45 days after because i failed to follow their cancellation guidelines. Even though you may not be paying directly with a CC, you may be on the hook.

YMMV.

So what you're saying is that you didn't discontinue the service. You merely thought that by not allowing them to charge your credit card, you would effectively cancel service. That's not the way it works, as you found out. If you have a paid subscription, the service continues until you cancel. It seems like in this case you also have to call them to cancel (check the wording on the bottom of the page). However, you should be able to get a 5 month for $20 or 6 month for $25 offer at that point. For those prices, the service is worth it to me. Not at full price.

Yes, you are totally right

I would rather pay roaming charges on a 3rd party cell phone than give another penny to these ........    Jackwagons.

grrrrrr

rated:
My last SiriusXM renewal was Last Payment Amount: $56.94 
 Last Payment Date: 08/09/2016  for service including Howard Stern to
  6-Month Special Offer    End Date: 02/09/2017  

rated:
At the time I had my last renewal I had the at no cost change to another receiver
I still get offers to reactivate the old receiver
Get 12 months for:
$191.88 $99.00

Now that does not include fees or Howard

rated:
lol I am activating my wife's old truck, I still have the radio info
Merry Christmas to the nice young couple that bought it from us.

rated:
Worked on my car and my girlfriends car. Thanks!

rated:
To make the most of this freebie, wait until the current open free trial is completed--NOV 29-- then get your 2 free months.

Everyone has Sir/xm free right now

rated:
LORENW said:   To make the most of this freebie, wait until the current open free trial is completed--NOV 29-- then get your 2 free months.

assuming this link still works on 11/30 or later.

rated:
Too bad it won't work for the app.

rated:
MISTERCHEAP said:   
LORENW said:   To make the most of this freebie, wait until the current open free trial is completed--NOV 29-- then get your 2 free months.

They've had the 2 free months for a long time now. And yes, some people just keep changing their name and activating it again every 2 months. A little too much for me so I just do the 6 months for $25 deal. They've had that for a couple of years too. My best record is about 5 minutes. Takes about a minute to explain to them that I don't want to follow their script where they make you 3 offers, I just tell them that I read online that they still do it and just give me the 6 months for $25 or just cancel. They give it to me every time. Still takes them 2-3 minutes to run through the terms/conditions before it's done. If you go through the script, takes about 10-15 minutes, at one point they say they can't do it again but have to check with their supervisor and then they put you on hold like they're actually doing that, they must just take a break or run to the bathroom. I just put it on my calendar to call the day before it expires. If you miss it, they end up pro-rating you anyway so it's no big deal. You just have to call. 

rated:
henry33 said:   
MISTERCHEAP said:   

They've had the 2 free months for a long time now. And yes, some people just keep changing their name and activating it again every 2 months. A little too much for me so I just do the 6 months for $25 deal. They've had that for a couple of years too. My best record is about 5 minutes. Takes about a minute to explain to them that I don't want to follow their script where they make you 3 offers, I just tell them that I read online that they still do it and just give me the 6 months for $25 or just cancel. They give it to me every time. Still takes them 2-3 minutes to run through the terms/conditions before it's done. If you go through the script, takes about 10-15 minutes, at one point they say they can't do it again but have to check with their supervisor and then they put you on hold like they're actually doing that, they must just take a break or run to the bathroom. I just put it on my calendar to call the day before it expires. If you miss it, they end up pro-rating you anyway so it's no big deal. You just have to call. 

Even Howard on the $25 Plan?

rated:
Easy, thanks OP!!

rated:
yesidonoitall said:   
Even Howard on the $25 Plan?

Yes, you get the select plan which includes Howard.

rated:
I've had satellite radio starter plans on the last two cars we've gotten. Never listen to it. I've got a flash drive, and I can fast forward when i don't like the song.

rated:
Sirius came installed when I bought my car. After the complimentary free first year, I never subscribed. Reason: THE AUDIO QUALITY SUCKS!! Not much better than AM radio! It's worthless for any music listening.

rated:
acefuture said:   Sirius came installed when I bought my car. After the complimentary free first year, I never subscribed. Reason: THE AUDIO QUALITY SUCKS!! Not much better than AM radio! It's worthless for any music listening.

I just bought a new vehicle a couple of weeks ago it has the 3 month trial included.  The garbage sound quality was the first thing I noticed.  I was one of the very first to get XM and had it for years before dropping it several years back.
MP3's off a USB drive sound FAR superior to the Sirius/XM now.  I generally don't even bother with it even though it's currently free for me.  It's fine for news and sports but if you value sound quality it's a massive fail these days.

rated:
acefuture said:   Sirius came installed when I bought my car. After the complimentary free first year, I never subscribed. Reason: THE AUDIO QUALITY SUCKS!! Not much better than AM radio! It's worthless for any music listening.
  I never had built in the car, always aftermarket, never had an issue if I got a signal
Maybe the car dealer
can fix it

rated:
rushhound said:   
  I just bought a new vehicle a couple of weeks ago it has the 3 month trial included.  The garbage sound quality was the first thing I noticed.  I was one of the very first to get XM and had it for years before dropping it several years back.
MP3's off a USB drive sound FAR superior to the Sirius/XM now.  I generally don't even bother with it even though it's currently free for me.  It's fine for news and sports but if you value sound quality it's a massive fail these days.

Thats quite odd, did you ask the car dealer to fix it

rated:
yesidonoitall said:   

​Yes I did.  The Sirius receiver was working properly, nothing wrong with it.  HD FM radio, CD changer, USB input, even Bluetooth audio input all sounded great in my car.  In case you're thinking I probably own a crappy car, I don't; I drive a BMW 5 series with Harman Kardon audio.  I even spoke with other people who had Sirius radios in their cars (different makes of cars too).  They all agreed the audio quality of Sirius in their cars was poor. 

​The problem with Sirius satellite is the number of channels that they broadcast.  The Satellite service only has a limited amount of bandwidth which they are permitted to use. Each channel takes up a given amount of bandwidth.  Sirius offers a large number of different channels in an attempt to appeal to the largest number of listeners.  In order to squeeze all these channels into the total limited bandwidth of the satellite they compress the audio quality of each channel (the high and low frequencies are cut off).  This leaves music sounding flat, lifeless and dull.  Basically Sirius has chosen quantity (number of different channels) over quality (very narrowed audio frequency range of each channel}.

​If you enjoy listening to music reproduced in high quality, Sirius is not for you.  If you listen to talk or sports, then maybe Sirius is OK.

rated:
acefuture said:   
yesidonoitall said:   

​Yes I did.  The Sirius receiver was working properly, nothing wrong with it.  HD FM radio, CD changer, USB input, even Bluetooth audio input all sounded great in my car.  In case you're thinking I probably own a crappy car, I don't; I drive a BMW 5 series with Harman Kardon audio.  I even spoke with other people who had Sirius radios in their cars (different makes of cars too).  They all agreed the audio quality of Sirius in their cars was poor. 

​The problem with Sirius satellite is the number of channels that they broadcast.  The Satellite service only has a limited amount of bandwidth which they are permitted to use. Each channel takes up a given amount of bandwidth.  Sirius offers a large number of different channels in an attempt to appeal to the largest number of listeners.  In order to squeeze all these channels into the total limited bandwidth of the satellite they compress the audio quality of each channel (the high and low frequencies are cut off).  This leaves music sounding flat, lifeless and dull.  Basically Sirius has chosen quantity (number of different channels) over quality (very narrowed audio frequency range of each channel}.

​If you enjoy listening to music reproduced in high quality, Sirius is not for you.  If you listen to talk or sports, then maybe Sirius is OK.

Was the dealer a car dealer as  in the radio came with the car or aftermarket radio.
Either way this is bs >>>  The problem with Siroius is the number of channels they broadcast

>>> If that were the case they would be out of business and just offer less to have a quality signal
The radio should have been changed out with another

rated:
Signed up yesterday for the trial. Already had two spam calls from Sirius. Advice: purposeful type-o your phone number. And now I wait on the junkmail to arrive.

I already have two lifetime subs. They can leave me alone.

rated:
Yes, it was a BMW dealership. The Sirius radio was installed at the BMW assembly plant in Germany. I've listened to Sirius in other BMW cars as well as different brands like Cadillac, Lexus and Mercedes. It sounded low quality in all of them.

You obviously do not understand how bandwidth works. Sirius uses audio compression in order to squeeze more channels onto their service. That is just fact, not BS.  They acknowledge it. Obviously there are people who don't care about or are aware of audio quality. Look at all the people who just use Apple iPhone earbuds, when there are many better sounding brands available in both earbuds and headphones.

As far as staying in business, have you looked at their stock price? It's about $4.50 a share, the same price it was in the late 90's, twenty years ago. It's been flat for years. Also they say their service cost $16 or $20 a month, yet no one I know of pays that price. Most people who do use the service just keep subscribing to their always available six month promo offers for $4 or $5 a month. The subscription is cancelled before it goes to full price, then restarted with a new promo subscription. With cellphone streaming Sirius is in a dying business.

rated:
coolbreeze said:   Signed up yesterday for the trial. Already had two spam calls from Sirius. Advice: purposeful type-o your phone number. And now I wait on the junkmail to arrive.

I already have two lifetime su

Better hope the receivers dont go out, the lifetime is only on them

rated:
Nah, I still have 3 unused transfers left at $75/transfer (6 total with 2 subs). Original Inno and Stiletto going strong. I'm good for another few decades, but thanks.

rated:
acefuture said:   Yes, it was a BMW dealership. The Sirius radio was installed at the BMW assembly plant in Germany. I've listened to Sirius in other BMW cars as well as different brands like Cadillac, Lexus and Mercedes. It sounded low quality in all of them.

You obviously do not understand how bandwidth works. Sirius uses audio compression in order to squeeze more channels onto their service. That is just fact, not BS.  They acknowledge it. Obviously there are people who don't care about or are aware of audio quality. Look at all the people who just use Apple iPhone earbuds, when there are many better sounding brands available in both earbuds and headphones.

As far as staying in business, have you looked at their stock price? It's about $4.50 a share, the same price it was in the late 90's, twenty years ago. It's been flat for years. Also they say their service cost $16 or $20 a month, yet no one I know of pays that price. Most people who do use the service just keep subscribing to their always available six month promo offers for $4 or $5 a month. The subscription is cancelled before it goes to full price, then restarted with a new promo subscription. With cellphone streaming Sirius is in a dying business.

If you are an audiophile you many notice a  diff I guess, however it remains they do not add so many channels as to interrupt the other
You know it could when combined with a radio for am/fm thats the issue
Try a freestanding Sirius receiver if you really want their service
Does your factory radio have an aux input? 

rated:
yesidonoitall said:   

If you are an audiophile you many notice a  diff I guess, however it remains they do not add so many channels as to interrupt the other
You know it could when combined with a radio for am/fm thats the issue
Try a freestanding Sirius receiver if you really want their service
Does your factory radio have an aux input? 

A.  I never said one channel "interrupts the other".  I said the audio quality sucks, it sounds like I'm listening to music over AM radio.
​  B.  The Sirius unit in my car is a separate factory installed module whose output is then fed into the car's audio system.  This is how virtually all factory installed Sirius service works from Kia to Mercedes.
​  C.  "Try a freestanding Sirius receiver if you really want their service".  Why bother?  The low audio quality of their signal is the problem, not the receiver.  Garbage in, garbage out.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2016