Voting History
rated:
Thanksgiving sale 

Thanks for the Green thumbs-up!

500GB Bolt - $159.99
500GB Bolt Renewed - $99.99
1TB Bolt Renewed - $149.99
All-in service for the above: $349.99

500GB OTA Roamio Renewed - $199.99, all-in service included (add to cart to see the service included.)

Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
Actually the 1st one is FREE-with $2.50 credit, BUT the 2nd one is $9.95 with also a $2.50 credit. I know since I have 2... (more)

voyagerbob (Dec. 03, 2016 @ 8:44p) |

Ahh yes! My Bad. $2.50 credit for the first cable card. I use a Mini for my second tv so no question of another cable ca... (more)

gireeshb (Dec. 03, 2016 @ 11:15p) |

Eventually the TiVo will go into standby mode but it will still record.  It should e mentioned in the instructions

Slick29832 (Dec. 03, 2016 @ 11:46p) |

Staff Summary
Categorized in
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
I'm not seeing where "all-in service" is included with the Roamio OTA. Hot deal if it is!

rated:
george2001 said:   I'm not seeing where "all-in service" is included with the Roamio OTA. Hot deal if it is!
 It's on the refurbished model listed as "TiVo-renewed Roamio OTA 500 GB."  For some reason it's not listed as a feature on that main page, you have to add it to your cart and then it says "All In Service Plan - Free."   

rated:
jorts said:   
george2001 said:   I'm not seeing where "all-in service" is included with the Roamio OTA. Hot deal if it is!
 It's on the refurbished model listed as "TiVo-renewed Roamio OTA 500 GB."  For some reason it's not listed as a feature on that main page, you have to add it to your cart and then it says "All In Service Plan - Free."   

Sounds like a good deal...I've been looking at the 1TB unit on Amazon for $360.  Amazon wants $150 for the 500MB without service.

rated:
jorts said:   

I updated the OP to reflect this.

rated:
may i ask what all in means?

rated:
mrstezy said:   may i ask what all in means?
  No monthly service fee for the life of the box.

rated:
i did not know there was a monthly service fee for the over the air devices. i still have lifetime service on my old tivo premiere

rated:
All In deal not available for existing devices in case anyone was wondering. I chatted with a CS rep and he confirmed.

rated:
Thanks OP. The bolt says "compatible with cable and HD antennas". Does this also apply to the Roamio? I want to connect it to an attic HD antenna. Thanks.

rated:
duplicate msg....sorry

rated:
avidfan said:   Thanks OP. The bolt says "compatible with cable and HD antennas". Does this also apply to the Roamio? I want to connect it to an attic HD antenna. Thanks.
  I believe that the Roamio OTA is antenna only. 

rated:
I'm not usually someone who buys factory renewed electronics, but that Roamio OTA deal is hot. I don't need a new Tivo, but I'm still tempted to get one as a backup! LOL

rated:
If anything else, the Roamio is a heck of a streaming box. I use it for Amazon/Hulu/Netflix/Plex and all work perfectly. I just wish I had better LOS to our local TV transmitters.

rated:
avidfan said:   Thanks OP. The bolt says "compatible with cable and HD antennas". Does this also apply to the Roamio? I want to connect it to an attic HD antenna. Thanks.
  Yes, the Roamio in the offer is antenna *only.*  The "OTA" stands for "Over the Air."

rated:
So the lifetime subscription  gets me a guide for free, so to speak?  I'm guessing that for the internet services such as netflix you need a separate subscription?

rated:
bilyclub said:   So the lifetime subscription  gets me a guide for free, so to speak?  I'm guessing that for the internet services such as netflix you need a separate subscription?
  Correct. You still need subscriptions for other services. 

rated:
there will be more competition once Apple's TV app is out next month

rated:
vijaysl said:   there will be more competition once Apple's TV app is out next month
  I have the TV app on my 12" Pro now (beta track). How do I record OTA TV with it? Oh...

rated:

rated:
So, can you upgrade the storage on these, like with old TIVOs, by just cracking them open and replacing the drive?

rated:
Danzilla said:   So, can you upgrade the storage on these, like with old TIVOs, by just cracking them open and replacing the drive?
  Yes you can.  I'd purchased the Roamio 500gb OTA and replaced it with a 3tb drive and you get tons of recording.   Just remember to put the 500gb in if you need to send it in for warranty repair.   I am also tempted to pickup another one for backup, This is a great price.

rated:
Danzilla said:   So, can you upgrade the storage on these, like with old TIVOs, by just cracking them open and replacing the drive?
  Yes, the Bolts use 2.5-inch drives, and most have been fine with 2TB drives.  Some tried to add much larger drives, and have run into some issues (e.g., with 4TB drives).  Look at  www.tivocommunity.com for the latest info.

rated:
I was just reading Tivo doesn't charge for the Roamio OTA guide service anymore for new boxes (3rd paragraph)... so is the all-in service not really anything special? Or is the all-in service different from the guide service? Still trying to figure out what's what here.

rated:
Danzilla said:   I was just reading Tivo doesn't charge for the Roamio OTA guide service anymore for new boxes (3rd paragraph )... so is the all-in service not really anything special? Or is the all-in service different from the guide service? Still trying to figure out what's what here.
  Probably not paying for the guide (most TVs have it anyhow) rather you are paying for the convenience of skipping commercials and the DVR features. Why that requires a sub is beyond me, but it's how TiVo makes money these days, so it is what it is.

Edit: just bought the Roamio. Cut the cord a few months back and have been hopping Hulu trials with different emails (still not sold on it). Since this skips commercials, the $213 after tax will be recouped in 1.5 yrs (vs. paying for the Hulu commercial free plan). Now I get to agonize if I should have paid extra for the 3yr warranty...oh well. 

rated:
I've had a Romio OTA almost a year now, and could not be happier. 

​I get the three major networks, Netflix, Amazon, Hulu, and could get HBO Go, Vudu , and some others; All in one user interface.  500GB DVR has enough capacity to carry more TV than any human should be allowed to watch.

Our total monthly spend on TV entertainment runs 9.99 for Netflix and 14.99 for Hulu.  Amazon is a sunk cost but 8.25 if you count the entirety of our prime account cost.

The joy of turning off Dish Network as they approached $100 a month?....... PRICELESS.

rated:
More info for the FW crowd.....straight from a chat with a TiVo agent:

- Sale is scheduled to end Monday 11/28
- Equipment can be returned within 30 days for a full refund of purchase price + subscription (if applicable).

rated:
In for one which shipped already.  Currently have the same Roamio with a $9.99 monthly sub.  If your on a monthly sub call and they may reduce your monthly fee.  That's what I did after a year of service.  When the new one arrives I'm going to call and cancel the sub on the old one and hope they offer a $99 lifetime on it.  If not I'll pass it on to a relative here in town with the $9.99 sub.

The commercial skip on recordings works flawlessly.  Unfortunately it doesn't apply to all shows, mostly prime time.  Your recordings will show the icon SKIP if it applies to a show.  No problems with the new guide.  I'm in the Phoenix market.  500gb isn't all that large, but if your not holding recordings forever it should get you by and you can always put a larger drive in there later. We have never needed more capacity in our use. 

And the best thing of all is the wife loves it and it's easy for her to use.  She cried when I cut the cord and this softened the blow.  Between the TIVO, the Fire TV with KODI, Netflix and Amazon Prime she is now ok without cable.

rated:
Anyone see a deal on the 3TB 2.5" drive? The cheapest I find is around $150.

rated:
atseng said:   Anyone see a deal on the 3TB 2.5" drive? The cheapest I find is around $150.
  The best deals I've seen are when you get the drive in an enclosure, buying a bare drive tends to be more expensive.

rated:
How does it gets its updates? Wifi, telephone cable, or Ethernet?

rated:
It gets update via your network connection. Either wifi or hard wired.

rated:
I don't think wifi is built in; only ethernet.

rated:
Love my Tivos! (and Tivo Minis!)

rated:
bluescreens said:   I don't think wifi is built in; only ethernet.
  https://www.tivo.com/shop/ota-detail

rated:
Thanks OP. After nearly a decade, I am returning to my beloved TiVo. My UserID still exists at tivocommunity.com.

rated:
this is what ive been looking for

rated:
Thanks for the posting.  I purchased 2 Roamio refurbished 500 GB boxes.  Initially, I purchased one and liked how it worked that I purchased another today.

The 2 Roamios will replace the 2 Series 3 HD boxes having life-time subscriptions.   These older boxes were great and have worked fine for many years.

rated:
Question, can the Roamio be powered off or must it remain on? Thanks!

Skipping 14 Messages...
rated:
speckr said:   Question, can the Roamio be powered off or must it remain on? Thanks!

Eventually the TiVo will go into standby mode but it will still record.  It should e mentioned in the instructions

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2016