posted 16 days ago by
dearmas54
Enthusiastic Member

I just asked Alexa this morning to buy a Tap since I know it's on promo through Alexa.  She came back and said the order would be $58.85 so I purchased. 

It is listed at $129.00 with $50 off if ordered through Alexa. For some reason it also took an additional 20% off original price. Order says "20% Off Select Item".

Breakdown:
Amazon Tap:            $129.00
20% off select item:  -$26.00
Alexa:                       -$50.00
Total before tax:        $53.99

Not sure why the discount or who or what it applies to. Would like to see someone else try it and see what happens. I tried it with the Dot but came up regular price. 

26 Comments
Add Comment
Moderator Comment: This thread is mirrored to these forums: MOVIES AND HOME THEATER, HOT DEALS. — Dec. 9, 2016 @ 1:52am
rated:
Just bought one.

Item(s) Subtotal: $129.99
Shipping & Handling: $0.00
20% off select item: -$26.00
Alexa: -$50.00
Total before tax: $53.99
Estimated tax to be collected: $3.37
Grand Total: $57.36

rated:
Will have to try this when I get home. Good price!

rated:
Thanks for posting this. Will have to try this too.

rated:
I got it for $58.+, thanks.

rated:
dearmas54 said:   I just asked Alexa this morning to buy a Tap since I know it's on promo through Alexa.  She came back and said the order would be $58.85 so I purchased. 

It is listed at $129.00 with $50 off if ordered through Alexa. For some reason it also took an additional 20% off original price. Order says "20% Off Select Item".

Breakdown:
Amazon Tap:            $129.00
20% off select item:  -$26.00
Alexa:                       -$50.00
Total before tax:        $53.99

Not sure why the discount or who or what it applies to. Would like to see someone else try it and see what happens. I tried it with the Dot but came up regular price. 

Thanks, OP that's a great price! I was trying to choose between Dot ($49.99) and Tap ($79.99) last night. I like the speaker concept with Tap but I don't subscribe to music except via Prime so I wasn't sure how much I would really use Tap vs Dot in that regard. Also that you have to physically tap Tap vs using voice command with Dot was a factor for me. Finally I was hoping to bring Tap to work so I could listen to music in my office, but I would have to use my phone to hotspot for wifi and that seems too much hassle at this time. Now I just sound bratty. $53.99 is a great price and I might buy it anyway even though I did order a Dot last night with the $6.99 warranty.

BTW, Dot will be $39.99 on Staples BF sale for those of you who prefer it (one per customer, I believe).

rated:
Thanks OP.  Worked for me with FireTv Stick.  In for one.

rated:
kirbydog said:  "BTW, Dot will be $39.99 on Staples BF sale for those of you who prefer it (one per customer, I believe). "

Don't know when Staples sale starts, but Amazon will have the below device deals on Thursday, 11/24.  Not exceptional prices, but appear to be standard discounts.  Maybe between now and New Year's we'll see lower prices.  Hmmmm?  You rolls your dice and you takes your chances. = )

From a CTgolfer post -  https://www.fatwallet.com/forums/hot-deals/1538373
Amazon's Upcoming Black Friday Device Deals:
Amazon Echo - $139.99 - Starts November 24th
Echo Dot - $39.99 - Starts November 24th
Fire TV Stick w/ Alexa Voice Remote - $29.99 - Starts November 24th
Fire HD 8 - $59.99 - Starts November 24th
Fire Tablet - $33.33 - Starts November 24th

Enjoy!

rated:
Trying hard to find an excuse to buy one, already have two Echo Dots and one Fire TV 4K. Nice work OP! Green...

rated:
rareairhead said:   kirbydog said:  "BTW, Dot will be $39.99 on Staples BF sale for those of you who prefer it (one per customer, I believe). "

Don't know when Staples sale starts, but Amazon will have the below device deals on Thursday, 11/24.  Not exceptional prices, but appear to be standard discounts.  Maybe between now and New Year's we'll see lower prices.  Hmmmm?  You rolls your dice and you takes your chances. = )

From a CTgolfer post -  https://www.fatwallet.com/forums/hot-deals/1538373
Amazon 's Upcoming Black Friday Device Deals:
Amazon Echo - $139.99 - Starts November 24th
Echo Dot - $39.99 - Starts November 24th
Fire TV Stick w/ Alexa Voice Remote - $29.99 - Starts November 24th
Fire HD 8 - $59.99 - Starts November 24th
Fire Tablet - $33.33 - Starts November 24th

Enjoy!

Thanks! I will order a Dot from Amazon (gift for someone else).
  Staples BF is a midnight start on 11/24, I believe.

rated:
Is there a way to buy (with the discount) without having an existing Amazon device?

rated:
chantspel said:   Is there a way to buy without having an existing Amazon device?

Of course:

https://www.amazon.com/Amazon-Tap-Portable-Wireless-Bluetooth-Sp...

rated:
I don't believe so. Must use Alexa or Alexa enabled device. 

rated:
@LetsGoMets1 - funny.

I tried just now on my Amazon app using the voice search. It added it to my cart but alas no $50 discount (although 20% off did apply).

rated:
Just placed through Amazon Echo - $57 and change delivered.

rated:
Thanks OP..Just placed order through Echo. $53.99 plus sales tax.

rated:
Seems like this may be the Amazon Warehouse 20% off deal applying incorrectly. Tap is listed as one of the eligible items on that promo, so there may be others that do the same thing.

rated:
Thanks Op, sweet deal, in for one

rated:
I agree, great deal. It works - I'm in for one too!

rated:
How does this 'Tap' compare to the Echo? Obviously less functionality but? Seems like a good compromise between a 'Dot' and the full-fledged Echo, no?

rated:
Just ordered, $56.55 total. Thanks! Now I have to figure out why I need it!

rated:
chantspel said:   Is there a way to buy (with the discount) without having an existing Amazon device?
  I checked the Amazon Echo online simulator for you - no dice - only regular price: https://echosim.io/

If you can live without portability, consider a refurb Fire TV Box 4k @ $64.99. You get most all of the Alexa functions by using the voice remote, great sound if you have a nice TV and/or stereo to plug into, and video as a bonus! I control home thermostat, power plugs, etc. Works great! Also you can easily add Kodi for tons of video and music options... So much more than any regular audio only Echo device IMO! Also has 1 year warranty & ethernet so no video stuttering.

Refurb Fire TV 4K: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00UH4D8G2/ref=s9_acsd_al_bw_c...

Kodi: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2c21afFLfmY&t=43s

rated:
I have the Echo and the Tap. They are both useful in different ways. Each has the same Alexa capabilities, the Tap has a better overall sound quality and the Echo is easier to use since it is always listening. While the easy to use Echo is great in the kitchen, or other high traffic room, the Tap is more "comfortable" in the bedroom, bath or garage. I rarely use the Echo as a bluetooth speaker and use the Tap that way regularly. I wish I had only paid $53.99 for the Tap, but am still glad I bought it (for more than 2x last Spring).

rated:
have a couple of dot's, got 5 dot's for xmas presents, now I have this. Amazon is really getting me to make my world everything Amazon.

rated:
get one , thanks

rated:
i didn't get the 20% off so it shows the price as $84

rated:
It seems the 20% discount is no more. Alexa came back and said $84. Oh well, you snooze, you loose, I guess!

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2016