• filter:
  • Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
Voting History
rated:
Sprint - 5 lines for $100 Unlimited Talk, Text and data

For one line of service - $60/month; for two lines, $100/month; and the third, fourth and fifth lines are FREE through Jan. 31, 2018

Member Summary

sprint (3.07kB)
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
Call to have them switch you to the current plan...I've never had a problem with Sprint switching me to the most current... (more)

malvain (Nov. 24, 2016 @ 9:29p) |

If you performed that test sitting at home on your sofa, then you were probably using Wi-Fi for the data and not the Spr... (more)

Toddler (Nov. 24, 2016 @ 11:16p) |

it is working..

parameshpavula (Nov. 25, 2016 @ 1:12a) |

DETAILS~~ After 1/31/18 pay $30/mo./line for the 3rd 4th and 5th lines. Mobile optimized: video streams at up to 480p+ resolution, music at up to 500kbps, streaming gaming at up to 2mbps. Premium resolution: video streams at up to 1080p+, music at up to 1.5mbps, gaming streams at up to 8mbps. Data deprioritization applies during times of congestion. All while on the Sprint Network. Reqs ebill. Pricing shown with $5/mo/line AutoPay discount applied within 2 invoices. Reqs new lines of service and port on one line. Other monthly charges apply.
Staff Summary
Categorized in
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
parameshpavula said:   Sprint - 5 lines for $100 Unlimited Talk, Text and data

For one line of service - $60/month; for two lines, $100/month; and the third, fourth and fifth lines are FREE through Jan. 31, 2018

Link to deal info please??

rated:

rated:
Offer is great but only for the first 13 months. Then the real bill will kick in. It's like those cheap cable offers.

rated:
RobL said:   Offer is great but only for the first 13 months. Then the real bill will kick in. It's like those cheap cable offers.

Then you jump ship and go somewhere else.  Just like you do with cable/satellite.

rated:
Usually "locked-in" by the phone you purchase, if on installment you'd likely be incentivized by fear of "penalty" to remain (i.e. Pay off the phone in total immediately with 11 months left for 5 lines). That would be in the neighborhood of $1,500 remaining to be paid off with 11 months to go...

rated:
And their network is within 1% of AT&T and VZ  

rated:
If you combine this with Sprint 11/18/16 - 11/28/16: Buy One Samsung Galaxy S7, Get One Free or 11/24/16 - 11/25/16: Get the HTC Bolt 50% Off, you could reduce phone cost. 

rated:
RobL said:   Offer is great but only for the first 13 months. Then the real bill will kick in. It's like those cheap cable offers.
And that's exactly why I've never liked Sprint. .. they treat their customers like they're stupid, and I guess most of them probably are.  Their "half off" isn't really half off at all... if it was, then it would actually be a deal.  But it's not.
Telco said:   And their network is within 1% of AT&T and VZ  

Except it's still the only network in the US that you can't be on a call and use data at the same time because of their crappy old network.  I don't think it's a value at ANY price.

rated:
I've been with Sprint for over 10 years and still can't fathom that I can't receive a text or get on the internet while on a call. Or the fact that I live in SoCal, a very populous area, and still struggle with service.

Yet I'm the idiot that keeps getting a new phone and locked in. Unlimited everything for $55 is hard to beat though.

They do suck that you're locked into their service because of a phone lease. You should be able to return the phone.

rated:
Never knew this about Sprint. You mean you can't use google maps while talking on speaker? Same with MVNOs?

rated:
parameshpavula said:   Sprint - 5 lines for $100 Unlimited Talk, Text and data

I enjoy my 5 lines with Cricket for $100, total. As I recall from Sprint there is always an astronomical charge for taxes and fees

rated:
dearmas54 said:   I've been with Sprint for over 10 years and still can't fathom that I can't receive a text or get on the internet while on a call. Or the fact that I live in SoCal, a very populous area, and still struggle with service.

Yet I'm the idiot that keeps getting a new phone and locked in. Unlimited everything for $55 is hard to beat though.

They do suck that you're locked into their service because of a phone lease. You should be able to return the phone.

They actually touted browsing while talking as a feature when they first switched their 4g on. Then they lost the ability a few years back when handsets no longer supported it. They're going backwards. 

rated:
Stubtify said:   
dearmas54 said:   I've been with Sprint for over 10 years and still can't fathom that I can't receive a text or get on the internet while on a call. Or the fact that I live in SoCal, a very populous area, and still struggle with service.

They actually touted browsing while talking as a feature when they first switched their 4g on. Then they lost the ability a few years back when handsets no longer supported it. They're going backwards. 

I believe their WiMax service supported talk and data at the same time;  they were the first to market for 4G but that is long gone.

rated:
There are other ways to do voice and data at the same time.  Facetime for IOS and Skype or other apps for Android. 

rated:
matrix5k said:   Never knew this about Sprint. You mean you can't use google maps while talking on speaker? Same with MVNOs?
  Pretty sure the map just won't be able to adjust itself if you go off course while on the phone because the map gets downloaded when you set your destination...from there it just uses GPS.

rated:
huh !

rated:
matrix5k said:   Never knew this about Sprint. You mean you can't use google maps while talking on speaker? Same with MVNOs?
  Yep.  Can you believe that in 2016?  So even if they were really "half off" (they're not) it's still not a deal.
pin00y said:   There are other ways to do voice and data at the same time.  Facetime for IOS and Skype or other apps for Android. 
But when it just works on every other carrier why bother with Sprint?  It's not like the price is better anyway... with @tmo the average cost for an unlimited line is around $30 and that's not promotional rate that goes away like Sprint it's permanent.  Now if Sprint charged HALF of that like they advertise, maybe then they'd be worth it.

rated:

Why don't you do that deal where @tmo buys you out?

rated:
this may be a good alternative to R+ for me. My kid burned through 4GB in two days playing PokemonGo this week. R+ just topped off my account and rode me for $40 in overage.

Can someone confirm that I can bring my R+ phone (LG G3) over to Sprint?

rated:
can someone here help me with how much Other monthly charges are, can they not be anything. why does Sprint hide the real cost behind this statement.

rated:
Here is a major disclaimer from Sprint:
Usage Limitations:To improve data experience for the majority of users, throughput may be limited, varied or reduced on the network. Sprint may terminate service if off-network roaming usage in a month exceeds: (1) 800 min. or a majority of min.; or (2) 100MB or a majority of KB

For some this may be a deal breaker.

rated:
playmaster said:   this may be a good alternative to R+ for me. My kid burned through 4GB in two days playing PokemonGo this week. R+ just topped off my account and rode me for $40 in overage.

Can someone confirm that I can bring my R+ phone (LG G3) over to Sprint

My Sprint phones worked on R+. I changed providers a few months back to go to an iPhone.

rated:
brettschulte said:   
  Yep.  Can you believe that in 2016?  So even if they were really "half off" (they're not) it's still not a deal.
pin00y said:   There are other ways to do voice and data at the same time.  Facetime for IOS and Skype or other apps for Android. 
But when it just works on every other carrier why bother with Sprint?  It's not like the price is better anyway... with @tmo the average cost for an unlimited line is around $30 and that's not promotional rate that goes away like Sprint it's permanent.  Now if Sprint charged HALF of that like they advertise, maybe then they'd be worth it.

Dude yes it is 2016.  There is an APP for that . Tried TMO but not good here where I am at and the other two are way expensive. Go FATWALLET.

rated:
You CAN be on the phone and the internet at the same time IF you have an older smartphone that does NOT use Sprint's Spark. So, if you are like me and don't need need the latest phone, you are golden and can even tether unlimited. I use the "Framily" plan and pay $25 per month + fees and taxes.

rated:
recently upgraded to iphone 7P last month. Verizon said I have to pay $1050 penalty to terminate our three lines. We currentyly pay $183/month with verizon. So we'd better stay with them.

rated:
javaman2003 said:   Here is a major disclaimer from Sprint :
Usage Limitations:To improve data experience for the majority of users, throughput may be limited, varied or reduced on the network. Sprint may terminate service if off-network roaming usage in a month exceeds: (1) 800 min. or a majority of min.; or (2) 100MB or a majority of KB

For some this may be a deal breaker.

Does that mean I get to keep the 5 phones? May be it needs to be in the Hot deals then?

rated:
I'm on a grandfathered plan from 10 years ago - but this might be worth leaving it for .. of course, after I use my free upgrades on all the phones.

rated:
parameshpavula said:   http://newsroom.sprint.com/article_display.cfm?article_id=12379&
  link doesn't work right now

rated:
SO....nothing for existing Sprint customers again. Havign been with them for 13 years, currently with two lines paying about $200/month (after taxes and fees) for basically the exact same service I'd certainly prefer to pay what new customers pay.

rated:
You can get this if you just add a line - which you can promptly remove.

rated:
BuffaloRich said:   
  Pretty sure the map just won't be able to adjust itself if you go off course while on the phone because the map gets downloaded when you set your destination...from there it just uses GPS.

I put my call on speaker phone and can simultaneously use any app, map, email, camera, stream music or browser (I have a Note5). 

rated:
starcastic said:   SO....nothing for existing Sprint customers again. Havign been with them for 13 years, currently with two lines paying about $200/month (after taxes and fees) for basically the exact same service I'd certainly prefer to pay what new customers pay.
  Call to have them switch you to the current plan...I've never had a problem with Sprint switching me to the most current plan available. Only when I need to get back to an old plan does that become an issue...

rated:
dpacman said:   
BuffaloRich said:   

I put my call on speaker phone and can simultaneously use any app, map, email, camera, stream music or browser (I have a Note5). 

If you performed that test sitting at home on your sofa, then you were probably using Wi-Fi for the data and not the Sprint network.  I believe the limitation is with using both voice and data simultaneously over the Sprint network.

rated:
it is working..

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2016