• filter:
  • Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
Voting History
rated:
RingPlus Black Friday Promo

Promotion Start Dates and Times:The following plans will be open on Friday, November 25, 2016 from 8AM Pacific until 8AM Pacific Saturday, November 26, 2016.Members,1) Member+ can change to any plan listed below during the promo time (all access)2) Club Sandwich can upgrade to all plans except Member+ plans during the promo time3) The MAD Cocoa and MAD Interim Plan is available to every member during the promo timeAll plans can be combined with the current available top ups (see list below).What’s up with the dialer? When the Smart and VoIP dialer becomes available, you must utilize the Smart or VoIP dialer only for the free plans within 1 month after its release.If you have a feature phone, don’t worry. You will continue using your regular minutes. In the future, you may be routed over a third party system, increasing your call delay up to estimated 0.9 seconds.If you don’t want to utilize a Smart and VoIP dialer, you can switch to any of our paid plan promos that are available until Monday.

All Member Access

Mad Cocoa

$4.99/month

- 500 Minutes 

- 1000 Text 

- 1000 MMS

- 500 MB LTE Full Speed +Unlim. 2G

Overages - 5 cents per unit 

Top UP - Auto top up $10 when account reaches bellow $5

Mad Interim 

Free/month

- 300 Minutes 

- 300 Text 

- 300 MMS

- 300 MB LTE Full Speed

Overages - 5 cents per unit 

Top UP - Auto top up $10 when account reaches bellow $5

*Tethering is $1.99 per billing cycle 

*All prices (except activation fees) are subject to applicable telecom taxes and fees. 

*All prices are per month and auto-renew (unless otherwise stated). 

*All plans that do NOT require a Top Up will charge your credit card on file for the monthly Price of the plan. *All plans that require a Top Up will draw all charges from your available Top Up balance. 

*Member+ prices require a Member+ subscription, and that you sign up for the Member+ version of the plan. Member+ information is available at http://bit.ly/RingPlusMemberPlus 

*Free plans will require the installation of a Smart and/or VoIP dialer as it becomes available. Paid plans can install a Smart or VoIP dialer when it becomes available to gain access to in-call application and other enhanced features, but the dialers are not required to be installed for the paid plans. 

* Internationally calling will be available next Wednesday November 30th 2016 for all Mad Plans 

--- About Mad Plans 

- RingPlus Radio is not included. 

- Calls are routed over the Sprint Nationwide Network 

- In-call apps (e.g., In-call translator, Transcript and RingPlus Radio) will not be available.  

Moderator Comment: This thread is mirrored to these forums: BLACK FRIDAY, HOT DEALS. — Dec. 8, 2016 @ 6:12pm
Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
I think the idea behind offering the mad snow plan was to make people sign up for Member+ to make big bucks but it ain't... (more)

marcopolomle (Nov. 26, 2016 @ 3:54p) |

The way they have been forcefully downgrading all the existing members' plans, it is more like RingMinus!

love4money (Nov. 26, 2016 @ 7:04p) |

I am waiting for Mad Nose Candy

xoneinax (Nov. 28, 2016 @ 1:06a) |

Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
Why should anyone trust them when they signed so many people up for "free" plans and are now booting us off? I wasted $12 to sign up a phone that I never actually used and now they want me to pay a monthly fee. No thanks.

rated:
I am liking Mad Cocoa plan.
Good for kids.

rated:
RingPlus "RIP"

rated:
billrubin said:   Why should anyone trust them when they signed so many people up for "free" plans and are now booting us off? I wasted $12 to sign up a phone that I never actually used and now they want me to pay a monthly fee. No thanks.
Imagine having free cellphone service month after month. Never heard of it before RingPlus and probably never will.
Nothing lasts forever and I got couple of years of free service (spent ~$500 on top-ups, add-on. other fees etc, including phone) so I'll continue to support the company.
I am disappointed but still feel they are doing their best (i.e. to give us free service) despite all the odds.

rated:
Aren't the current Mad Fiesta Free and Mad Plum Upgrade plans better than these?

rated:
I switched over to mad plum last night (from Leonardo 5)... works right for the price by me. my overage deposit rolled over seemingly just fine.

rated:
These are all crap. You'll end up putting money in and they'll cancel you in a month.

rated:
for Mad Interim plan.. is it 300 cellular min or VOIP min (using dialer). Isn't Mad Plum upgrade better for non M+ -- get 200 cellular min + 300 VOIP + 1000 LTE

rated:
anamika22 said:   Aren't the current Mad Fiesta Free and Mad Plum Upgrade plans better than these?Yeah, since they are free.
But MAD-Cocoa has unlimited 2G.

rated:
finddeals2 said:   for Mad Interim plan.. is it 300 cellular min or VOIP min (using dialer). Isn't Mad Plum upgrade better for non M+ -- get 200 cellular min + 300 VOIP + 1000 LTE
In my instance it all depends on how the system treats us who started with a $5 topup and haven't touched it.  Mad Plum wants a $20 topup to switch to it, but Mad Interim is only supposed to topup if your balance is less than $5.  It will only be $10 to switch if it doesn't do that, so it's a little less painful to switch to it.  The person on that line only needs the Interim allotments anyway

rated:
I'm a bit confused by the "Mad Interim" plan. It is a interim plan, or something that will be around a while?

I ask because R+ already told me I will be put on a "free temporary holding plan will have limited allotments of 200 minutes, 200 texts, 200 MMS, and 200 MB LTE (full speed)."

rated:
Clocks said:   I'm a bit confused by the "Mad Interim" plan. It is a interim plan, or something that will be around a while?

I ask because R+ already told me I will be put on a "free temporary holding plan will have limited allotments of 200 minutes, 200 texts, 200 MMS, and 200 MB LTE (full speed)."

With Ring+ "will be around a while" is a day to day thing. 

rated:
My personal experience with Ringplus:

PROS: 1 year of free service minus activation and top up of $35 x 2 phones ($70 total invested). Works with Sprint and unlocked CDMA phones. Excellent web UI. Got my money's worth.

CONS: They've suddenly cancelled most plans and pulled the wool under everyone. I upgraded and paid more into a new plan just three months ago just to see it cancelled, with no option for refund. Call quality is horrible. This puts serious doubt into their business model and trustworthiness.

I'm canceling my Ringplus plans. Fortunately, the phones I added are unlocked midrange LTE capable phones, so I'm adding them to my primary Verizon plan for unlimited talk/txt with 2 GB of LTE each (128Kbps after that) for $20/month.

Just keep in mind that you get what you pay, so it was a good ride while it lasted.

rated:
I'm on one of the mad plans. Forget the 'free' nonsense. I pay $8 for basically the same thing I was paying $35 for.

rated:
jephboy said:   My personal experience with Ringplus:

I'm adding them to my primary Verizon plan for unlimited talk/txt with 2 GB of LTE each (128Kbps after that) for $20/month.

Just keep in mind that you get what you pay, so it was a good ride while it lasted.

To be fair, you need to compare apples to apples. If you have six lines, then you can get the $20 deal at Verizon. I only have two lines, so RP is a great deal for me. Not looking for the free cheap deal. Willing to pay . Sure, the top-up seems nickle-and-dime, but that's there model, and the break even still works out to something like two months for me. 

rated:
billrubin said:   Why should anyone trust them when they signed so many people up for "free" plans and are now booting us off? I wasted $12 to sign up a phone that I never actually used and now they want me to pay a monthly fee. No thanks.
  Seriously. I have about $50 in funds between accounts not to mention the stupid phones I bought for them.

rated:
How can I be sure that they wont cancel these "Mad Cocoa" plans in future? As they did with previous plans.
They lied once, why shouldnt they do it again and again, right?

rated:
xoneinax said:   
anamika22 said:   Aren't the current Mad Fiesta Free and Mad Plum Upgrade plans better than these?
Yeah, since they are free.
But MAD-Cocoa has unlimited 2G.

2G work ok with pokemon Go?

Also anyone have a good street level 2G map?

rated:
Clocks said:   I'm a bit confused by the "Mad Interim" plan. It is a interim plan, or something that will be around a while?

"Mad Interim" plan will be there for months or till you change it to another plan of your liking as compared to the "free temporary holding plan" which will expire after 7 days ( at the end of the year).
Look here for details

rated:
Does anyone know if the free swap is working?

EDIT: It's working but very slow. No announcement on end date yet.

rated:
Mad Snow has also has unlimited 2G, but you gotta be Member+.

rated:
the mad snow plan is awesome

rated:
rosscjr said:   the mad snow plan is awesome
I think the idea behind offering the mad snow plan was to make people sign up for Member+ to make big bucks but it ain't happening.

rated:
ElGuache said:   RingPlus "RIP"
  The way they have been forcefully downgrading all the existing members' plans, it is more like RingMinus!

rated:
I am waiting for Mad Nose Candy

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2016