Best Buy has modified their black Friday deal for the Samsung Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge. Rather than a $250 Gift Card, customers will now receive a $400 Gift Card when financing a new Galaxy S7/S7 edge device on Verizon. This is for new lines and upgrades and will be offered in addition to the Gear VR.

In addition, Verizon will be offering a trade in credit up to the full cost of either device with trade in of select devices. This is similar to other trade in deals where the credit is broken up over 24 months. This offer stacks with the Gift Card and can only be done at Best Buy.

As of right now, the S7 Edge is free with trade in of an IPhone 7+ or Galaxy s7. On the other hand, the S7 is free after trade-in of a LG G5, Galaxy S6, S6 Edge, S6 Edge+, or Note 5. Other devices will also be eligible for lower trade in values in the form of monthly credits, but will be announced early Thursday morning.

Views
44 Comments
Add Comment
The deal at verizon wireless is still cheaper...if you get a galaxy S7 or Google Pixel. Its only 10 per month ...a savings of over 400 and you dont have a whopping 28 dollar a month...charge.  I dont need to spend 400 at best buy. 

Hot !!

You are eligible for both offers if you do this at Best Buy.

From the call I had with best buy, they would not match the price of a vendor...within 25 mile, being the verizon wireless store.

couponkid319 said:   You are eligible for both offers if you do this at Best Buy.
  I can't get the BB site to connect to my Verizon account. How much are they offering in trade for an LG G4? Verizon is offering my $569 when I purchase a Pixel XL. Comes out to $23.75/mo discount on a $25 phone.

spikeplus2 said:   The deal at verizon wireless is still cheaper...if you get a galaxy S7 or Google Pixel. Its only 10 per month ...a savings of over 400 and you dont have a whopping 28 dollar a month...charge.  I dont need to spend 400 at best buy. 
  The deal is you  give Verizon $672 + tax, then they give you back $17/month.

You don't need to spend $400 at BB but you like giving Verizon $672

Based on what I read on verizon....after the third month....you will receive bill credits to lower your monthly bill if you finance your phone. You do not pay 672 up front. After  the third month, you starting getting your bill credits ..making it roughtly ..10 per month for the phone (240 total) .   As for best buy ...you will need to pay the 28 per month for 24 months and receive the best buy 400 if you trade in a phone. If you dont trade a phone in....its only 250.   So you pay 672 in the end...and get a 400 BB certificate....which ...comes out to ....you paying 272.while giving them your phone or ......payimg over 400 with not trade in.  

forbin4040 said:   The deal is you  give Verizon $672 + tax, then they give you back $17/month.

You don't need to spend $400 at BB but you like giving Verizon $672

You do not give Verizon $672 up front. You give them $672/24 monthly.  As spikeplus2 said, you get a trade-in credit starting 2-3 months in, and my understanding is that it's retroactive to the start of the Device Payment Plan.

Is the Best Buy deal a $400 BB gift card, or $400 Visa? I have no use for a $400 BB gift card.

Sorry if I was unclear, but it seems many of you are misunderstanding this deal. This deal is much better than Verizon's offer. In addition to a $400 Best Buy Gift Card in store, you can send your old phone back to Verizon after upgrading at Best Buy and receive credits to make either the S7 or S7 Edge as low as free (depending on your trade in device.) An iphone 7, IPhone 6s, IPhone 6s+, Galaxy S6, S6 Edge, S6 Edge+, Note 5, or LG G5 will receive a $28 credit mostly, making the s7 free. Furthermore, an IPhone 6 or 6 plus, SE, Galaxy S5, Note 4, LG V10, LG G4, or Maxx 2 receive credits of $23.83 a month. Lastly, an IPhone 5, 5c. 5s, or Droid Turbo receive a credit of $13.42. This is all IN ADDITION to the $400 Best Buy Gift Card.

spikeplus2 said:   Based on what I read on verizon....after the third month....you will receive bill credits to lower your monthly bill if you finance your phone. You do not pay 672 up front. After  the third month, you starting getting your bill credits ..making it roughtly ..10 per month for the phone (240 total) .   As for best buy ...you will need to pay the 28 per month for 24 months and receive the best buy 400 if you trade in a phone. If you dont trade a phone in....its only 250.   So you pay 672 in the end...and get a 400 BB certificate....which ...comes out to ....you paying 272.while giving them your phone or ......payimg over 400 with not trade in.  

This is incorrect, please see my last post.

Damn, I did the verizon deal online yeaterday. I wonder if I can cancel and do the best buy thing instead. Anybody know what the trade in value would be on a Samsung s5?

Doesn't hurt to call verizon and check it out.  

I doubt verizon would let me cancel the order at this point...

I am considering this but do not have a best buy near my mother's house. Can anyone confirm if you buy the phone through best buy that you can then turn in your S6 to a verizon store for credit?  Seems you would have to upgrade through them to get the deal.

I am going to try to go to best buy and see if I can a deal to beat verizons wireless. I do not plan on trading in my old phone in as i am eligible for an upgrade. So based on your reply, I can go to best buy and upgrade get 250 gift certificate and pay 28 a month for a galaxy and then get credits per month to get it down to 10 a month. I cans lower it more if I want to trade in my old phone.

no, you will have to trade in to get the credit from verizon.  The question is whether you have to buy from verizon during your trade to get the credits.

when I go online at verizon wireless  to upgrade....I dont have to trade my phone to get the credits.  I also dont have a listed phone (below) to trade thats why I cant get the "400".   I think they will give me the 250 for the upgrade.

Phone 6, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, Samsung Galaxy S6, Galaxy S6 edge, Galaxy S6 edge+, Galaxy S7, Galaxy S7 edge, Galaxy Note 5, LG V20 LG G5, or Moto Droid Turbo 2 

There is no link here.

mewgirl said:   There is no link here.
  Maybe you can guess the website name and post it here.

couponkid319 said:   Sorry if I was unclear, but it seems many of you are misunderstanding this deal. This deal is much better than Verizon's offer. In addition to a $400 Best Buy Gift Card in store, you can send your old phone back to Verizon after upgrading at Best Buy and receive credits to make either the S7 or S7 Edge as low as free (depending on your trade in device.) An iphone 7, IPhone 6s, IPhone 6s+, Galaxy S6, S6 Edge, S6 Edge+, Note 5, or LG G5 will receive a $28 credit mostly, making the s7 free. Furthermore, an IPhone 6 or 6 plus, SE, Galaxy S5, Note 4, LG V10, LG G4, or Maxx 2 receive credits of $23.83 a month. Lastly, an IPhone 5, 5c. 5s, or Droid Turbo receive a credit of $13.42. This is all IN ADDITION to the $400 Best Buy Gift Card.
So you're saying that the enhanced trade-in offer from Verizon is available even if you buy from Best Buy? How do you determine the trade-in value? I don't see anything on the BB website asking to evaluate the phone to give me a price. I was able to get it to access my Verizon account to verify that I qualify for an upgrade.

The LG V20 doesn't have a gift card but the G5 has one for $300 which would more than pay for the monthly charges if I get the $23.83 credit.

Some details are here but where did you get the trade-in values?

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/clp/verizon-trade-in-gift-card-offer...

kriskos4 said:   I doubt verizon would let me cancel the order at this point...
I wouldn't be so sure. My Pixel XL isn't going to ship until January. Other phones seemed to be backordered. Should be easy enough to cancel. Of course, this is Verizon we're talking about.

Update: I was able to cancel the Pixel XL order via the automated phone system.

I just spoke to my local BB and I can confirm they will do the verizon wireless 10 a month deal....and you will get the 250 certificate without trade in. I also spoke to verizon wireless and they said BB and others cant offer the same deal...so someone is lying....

spikeplus2 said:   I just spoke to my local BB and I can confirm they will do the verizon wireless 10 a month deal....and you will get the 250 certificate without trade in. I also spoke to verizon wireless and they said BB and others cant offer the same deal...so someone is lying....
Have you considered looking at the BB website where they show the $9.99 pricing?

Would I be able to order the phone online today to get the 400.  Then when picking it up at best buy trade in my old phone to get the monthly credits tomorrow?  So you would get the 400 gift card and the 28 a month off my verizon bill.

Can you post the 9.99 pricing from BB?  I cant find it.  Thanks

spikeplus2 said:   Can you post the 9.99 pricing from BB?  I cant find it.  Thanks
Seriously?

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/google-pixel-4g-lte-with-32gb-memory...

sorry..I was looking galaxy S7

From what I am seeing if you do NOT have a phone to trade in and want to buy the Galaxy S7 then the Verizon $10 a month is the best way to go. Details below.
Best Buy on monthly plan - $672, $0? paid up front and $400 gc.  If you want to leave Verizon before 24 months, you are free to do so with no penalties.
Verizon on monthly plan - $240, $0? paid up front.  If you want to leave Verizon before 26/27 months, you will lose the portion of your discount for however many months you are short of 26/27.

https://postimg.org/image/r3la7pwgz/

The promo CAN be done at Best Buy. You WILL get the gift card and you can mail in phone for the promo.

https://postimg.org/image/dlxtg65jj/

Best Buy sheet showing all active promotions, clearly indicates that Verizon promo can be done and will stack with gift card and free VR.

couponkid319 said:   https://postimg.org/image/dlxtg65jj/

Best Buy sheet showing all active promotions, clearly indicates that Verizon promo can be done and will stack with gift card and free VR.

So, I went to BB and ended up with... the S7 Edge. I would have been happy (possibly even preferred) the LG G5 or V20, but there was no gift card with those. With the trade of my LG G4, I'll pay $200 over 2 years for the S7 Edge, but I got a $400 BB gift card. I could have gotten the S7 for $100 over 2 years, but decided to go big.

Now my question is can I use the trade-in materials already on their way from Verizon from when I purchased the Pixel XL yesterday (cancelled today)? The trade-in amount is the same for the two phones. I should probably call Verizon.

The BB rep was surprisingly good (I had originally sat down with someone else and I'd already hear her tell the previous customer she was new, so when the other one became available as I was starting, I quickly switched to her, good move on my part). The wait wasn't that bad, probably no worse than a normal weekend.

Just got back.....and the best deal for a verizon galaxy S7 is BB for an upgrade. Per Phone, it cost me 13 per month and they gave me 400 gift certificate. The sales rep told me they were selling S7 like hotcakes...while the pixel was few and far between. I think he told me ...they sold over 400...of S7's and there is another 7 hrs left for black friday. The wait wasnt bad...but the processing of the order too time...due to verizons system lagging due to black friday phone sales...

I already purchased s7 on verizon.com, now I have to see if I can cancel the order and refuse shipment on monday.

billrubin said:   
  Maybe you can guess the website name and post it here.

....Except you can't because the link is required in order to determine what the actual sale or price is because the written version is very complicated and it also presumably is for one specific link rather then "Samsung phones at best Buy" etc. etc. etc.  As you can tell easily from the masses and masses of replies to this all while trying to figure it out, EVEN WHEN most of them have apparently looked at the actual ads and details already.

....Anyway, someone who is smarter then that did link it, and you have to have a phone already and give it to them for free in order to use this, so it is a useless "deal".

So, for the S7, I went to BB and paid tax on the device ($56) and now have the payment plan for 24 months. Current Verizon customer. Got 400 BB GC. 

I go to the trade in website listed on the promo sheet at BB... https://www.verizonwireless.com/promos/device-trade-in/ and enter my old S5, which I'm going to trade in.

It only says it is worth 140 dollars or 5/month in credit over 24 months. BUT REGARDLESS, I still do it, and magically, (underpants gnomes) after the 3rd billing cycle, I go from 5 to 23 dollars a month in credit?

Is this correct, anything I'm missing here?

Thanks.

When I did it for an S6, it shows the normal trade in value and below that it shows the promo price value. Adds up to the $650 promo trade in price.

Not sure how it works with the S5 because other than here, I haven't seen that option or fine print online.

So I recently bought a new s7 edge on eBay for $400. You are telling me I can trade it for another s7 edge and get it for free plus the gift card? Therefore I will have gotten my phone for free in the end.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017