• filter:
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
Voting History
rated:
Verizon Wireless has great deals on some of their phones with a 24 month device payment plan. You can get the Google Pixel, Samsung Galaxy S7 and others for $10. They're also offering great trade-ins on many phones. For example, my LG G4 was worth $569 on the purchase of a Pixel XL (not the smaller Pixel, I only got $140 for that). I ordered the 128gb Pixel XL, will pay $25/mo after monthly credit with the sale and will get a $23.75/mo trade-in credit, so it will come out to $1.25/mo for 24 months (total of $30), plus the sales tax on the purchase price, which I have to pay up front and a $20 activation fee (boo!). When I tried pricing on the 32gb XL model, it was $20/mo with a $23.75/mo credit, so theoretically $3.75/mo better than free (plus sales tax up front). With the plain Pixel or Samsung S7 I only got a $140 trade-in offer, so it's not on everything (although it would still bring the $10/mo cost below $5). It also works on an iPhone 7 (it offered me $549 on that). I am not sure which other phones have similarly great trade-in values, so you're going to have to play around and see what works. But bottom line is that if you have an LG G4 and possibly other recent phones, it's a good time to look into a new phone.

Best Buy allegedly has a similar deal but I am unable t get it to access my account so I can't get it to give me trade-in pricing.

The Verizon offer is valid thru Monday 11/28. I've attached the pricing for the Pixel XL.

Moderator Comment: This thread is mirrored to these forums: MOBILE, LAPTOPS, AND COMPUTERS, HOT DEALS. — Dec. 7, 2016 @ 4:32pm
Member Summary

Verizon (1.97kB)
Thanks Virgil27
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
My email confirmation didn't show the monthly credit.  Anyone else have the same issue?

isjka (Nov. 26, 2016 @ 9:11a) |

Thanks man!  I was also thinking of upgrading to the pixel from my g4,  now that I know it won't be much of an upgrade, ... (more)

bimmyjx (Nov. 26, 2016 @ 9:42a) |

Awesome, thank you for the breakdown. Yes the 20% corp or Employee discount applies to my $60. I believe the rule is as ... (more)

krislai (Nov. 27, 2016 @ 11:24a) |

Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
Iphone 7 is just $100 if I trade in my S5. $4.17 a month if I am looking at this right...

rated:
CoreyC said:   Iphone 7 is just $100 if I trade in my S5. $4.17 a month if I am looking at this right...
  Could very well be. It's confusing, took me a while to figure it out. I only noticed it when someone on SD posted about it in a related thread.

rated:
Seems like a good deal. Now just have to figure out what the plan pricing is. Switching from ATT to VZ might be well worth it

rated:
FruityElf said:   Seems like a good deal. Now just have to figure out what the plan pricing is. Switching from ATT to VZ might be well worth it
  I think they're offering an extra $200 gift card if you switch carriers.

rated:
Promo details...

Promotional Offers:

If you received promo value when trading in a device and/or instant device savings, you will be charged for that value if you do not maintain active service for three billing cycles. Verizon will also charge back any promotional Trade-in value if you return your promotional device, or exchange it for another device.

Get an Apple iPhone 7, Google Pixel, Moto Z Droid or Samsung Galaxy S7 on Device Payment as low as free when you trade in a select smartphone.
Trade in Apple iPhone 6S, 6S Plus, 7 or 7 Plus, Samsung Galaxy S6, S6 edge, S6 edge+, Galaxy S7, Galaxy S7 Edge or Note 5, LG V20 or G5 or Moto Droid Turbo 2 and pay $0
Trade in Apple iPhone 6, 6 Plus or SE, Samsung Note 4 or Galaxy S5, LG G4 or V10, or Moto Droid Maxx 2 and pay $100
Trade in Apple iPhone 5, 5c or 5s, or Moto Droid Turbo and pay $350

Promotional trade in credits issued over 24 months and will appear in 2-3 bill cycles after receipt of trade at Verizon. Your smartphone purchase must remain active on device payment agreement for 24 months to receive credits. If you cancel service, or if device payment agreement is paid off or transferred, trade in promotional credits will stop. Traded device must be in good working and cosmetic condition to receive credits. Get an Apple iPhone 7 Plus, LG V20, Moto Z Force Droid, or Samsung G S7 edge on Device Payment as low as free when you trade in a select smartphone.

Trade in Apple iPhone 7 Plus, Samsung Galaxy S7 edge or LG V20 and pay $0
Trade in Apple iPhone 6s, 6s Plus or 7, Samsung Galaxy S6, S6 edge, S6 edge+ S7 or Note 5, LG G5, or Moto Droid Turbo 2 and pay $100
Trade in Apple iPhone 6, 6 Plus or SE, Samsung Note 4 or Galaxy S5, LG G4 or V10, or Moto Droid Maxx 2 and pay $200
Trade in Apple iPhone 5, 5c or 5s, or Moto Droid Turbo and pay $450

rated:
Thanks for posting that. where did you find it? Note the Pixel XL is not mentioned, and it's actually a better deal since it's $30 with the trade of an LG G4.

rated:
looks like I can get a rose gold 128GB iphone7 for $100 for trading in 6. Nice! beats the trade-in deals vzw had when the iphone first came out

rated:
billrubin said:   Thanks for posting that. where did you find it? Note the Pixel XL is not mentioned, and it's actually a better deal since it's $30 with the trade of an LG G4.
  On the verizon wireless site... find a phone and click on the trade in link.  It will do an appraisal based on a few questions... under the appraised value there is a link to the promo details.

I noticed the XL is not listed, but the same offer shows up after doing the appraisal.  I'd assume it is the 2nd deal for the XL... if you are lucky enough to find one in stock.

rated:
I have an old blackberry. are they worth much for a trade?

rated:
I really am disappointed with this deal, I do the contract not pay as you go. My upgrade price for these phones is 300 for the top of the like. Just days ago they had the buy one get one free with free activation. Much more enticing to me.

rated:
batman60 said:   I really am disappointed with this deal, I do the contract not pay as you go. My upgrade price for these phones is 300 for the top of the like. Just days ago they had the buy one get one free with free activation. Much more enticing to me.
This is not "pay as you go" aka prepaid. If you are in a contract, you probably cannot take advantage of this but if you're out of contract you should. What plan are you on? And $300 for the top of the line phone isn't a bad deal, just not as great as what is being posted here. Try posting the numbers it's giving you. Maybe you are misunderstanding what they actually mean.

rated:
scottvm said:   I have an old blackberry. are they worth much for a trade?
Trying putting it in the tool and let us know! They might make you pay them to take it!

rated:
CoreyC said:   I noticed the XL is not listed, but the same offer shows up after doing the appraisal.  I'd assume it is the 2nd deal for the XL... if you are lucky enough to find one in stock.
Maybe there's a bug in the pricing that is causing them to offer too much for it.  In any event, it worked for me.

As for being in stock, you can order for January delivery, that's what I did. If I get it sooner, great. I went to the Google Store site, they just took my info and said they'd email me when I can place an order. I guess that getting what appears to be the hottest phone out there for $30 is a good deal.

rated:
Google pixel does not offer replaceable batteries or AptX bluetooth, and are a subtle camera upgrade from my G4. I think I will hold onto my g4. -_-

rated:
jeffmd said:   Google pixel does not offer replaceable batteries or AptX bluetooth, and are a subtle camera upgrade from my G4. I think I will hold onto my g4. -_-

How is it that doesn't have Apt-X? forget that phone, if you can even call it that. My throw-away Moto G2 has it that I got for $10. That's like 5-steps backward. Thanks Bill for all the info, but just a heads up, your new phone blows (now knowing the lack of apt-x). I have been teetering on the edge to upgrade to a current generation phone, but I will wait...

That's funny they didn't include Apt-X from the phone, when Bluetooth profiles were added to the Asus Nexus Player when that got upgraded to Nougat (including A2DP). Seems as if it could be added in a firmware update

green on the deal, red on Google for making me think to hard on their stupidly

rated:
Can I do WalMart/Target deal and get trade-in promo?

rated:
I got the pixel when it came out, after being a galaxy user for the last several years. I give it two thumbs sideways.

rated:
billrubin said:   
Trying putting it in the tool and let us know! They might make you pay them to take it!

I put the ESN in and got:Your appraised device value$000

rated:
Wife and I pulled the trigger on the Pixel phones.  The only negative about trading in any phone on this deal is that you have to pay full price for the new phone plus tax.  Then it appears VZW credits you back that amount spread over 2 years.  In the case of the Pixel it would be $649.  If you don't do the trade in, you in effect are paying $240 for the Pixel since it's $10 a month for 24 months.   If I'm not mistaken, you can actually pay off the remainder of the balance on the Pixel at any time.   Paying $1300 upfront and having VZW credit it back over 2 years doesn't seem that enticing vs paying $480 for 2 phones.  

rated:
scottvm said:   
billrubin said:   

I put the ESN in and got:Your appraised device value$000

Triple digits!

rated:
So... my local verizon told me to come back Tuesday to trade in my phone for the promotion value. Should I be worried???

rated:
It might not mean anything to some of you but the lack of an SD card is a deal breaker for me. I really despise phone makers for continuing this practice.

rated:
CoreyC said:   So... my local verizon told me to come back Tuesday to trade in my phone for the promotion value. Should I be worried???
Did you buy the new phone? Or did they tell you to come back Tuesday to place the order? The trade-in doesn't have to be done at the time you get the new phone.

rated:
DonnieDuck said:   It might not mean anything to some of you but the lack of an SD card is a deal breaker for me. I really despise phone makers for continuing this practice.
Yes, that is disappointing, but I got the 128gb model, so I'll be OK.

rated:
isjka said:   Wife and I pulled the trigger on the Pixel phones.  The only negative about trading in any phone on this deal is that you have to pay full price for the new phone plus tax.  Then it appears VZW credits you back that amount spread over 2 years.  In the case of the Pixel it would be $649.  If you don't do the trade in, you in effect are paying $240 for the Pixel since it's $10 a month for 24 months.   If I'm not mistaken, you can actually pay off the remainder of the balance on the Pixel at any time.   Paying $1300 upfront and having VZW credit it back over 2 years doesn't seem that enticing vs paying $480 for 2 phones.  
That is not correct. You only pay the sales tax up front, that information was given to you when you checked out. The cost of the phone is charged over 24 months, whether you do the trade or not. The only difference is that you get a monthly credit for 1/24 of the trade-in amount if you do a trade. You do NOT want to pay off the phone early if you are getting a trade-in credit, because those end when the phone is paid off. That's how they get you to stay with them for 2 years.

rated:
It shows my appraised value for an iPhone 6 as $25.02? Is that the monthly credit I will get or is it only $25 towards a $749 iPhone 7??

rated:
billrubin said:   
isjka said:   Wife and I pulled the trigger on the Pixel phones.  The only negative about trading in any phone on this deal is that you have to pay full price for the new phone plus tax.  Then it appears VZW credits you back that amount spread over 2 years.  In the case of the Pixel it would be $649.  If you don't do the trade in, you in effect are paying $240 for the Pixel since it's $10 a month for 24 months.   If I'm not mistaken, you can actually pay off the remainder of the balance on the Pixel at any time.   Paying $1300 upfront and having VZW credit it back over 2 years doesn't seem that enticing vs paying $480 for 2 phones.  
That is not correct. You only pay the sales tax up front, that information was given to you when you checked out. The cost of the phone is charged over 24 months, whether you do the trade or not. The only difference is that you get a monthly credit for 1/24 of the trade-in amount if you do a trade. You do NOT want to pay off the phone early if you are getting a trade-in credit, because those end when the phone is paid off. That's how they get you to stay with them for 2 years.

Interesting.  So you can get a free phone basically if you stick it out for 2 years with a trade in, or get charged the $10 a month for 24 months and pay that balance off early - thus allowing one to upgrade again next year.  Is that a correct assumption?
Thanks billrubin.

rated:
isjka said:   
billrubin said:   

Interesting.  So you can get a free phone basically if you stick it out for 2 years with a trade in, or get charged the $10 a month for 24 months and pay that balance off early - thus allowing one to upgrade again next year.  Is that a correct assumption?
Thanks billrubin.

Actually, I think I misspoke. You get the monthly credit  in both cases and need to stick around for 2 years. If you do the upgrade, you get 2 monthly credits, one for the promotional price and one for the upgrade. Both end when the phone is paid off.

rated:
So, it turns out there may be a better deal here (but not for the {Pixel). Best Buy is offering gift cards when you buy several phones there, and you can get the same pricing and trade-in credit that you can from Verizon. You can get a $400 Best Buy gift card for buying the Samsung S7 or S7 Edge, $300 for buying the LG G5. Those will more than pay for the monthly charges as compared to getting the Pixel XL for $30. 

https://www.fatwallet.com/forums/hot-deals/1540849

rated:
Nothings free..

rated:
Are these only valid for those who are either new customers or already have their contract done? Mine doesn't expire till March, and I can't seem to find the same rates that you guys are speaking of...

rated:
yuenity said:   Are these only valid for those who are either new customers or already have their contract done? Mine doesn't expire till March, and I can't seem to find the same rates that you guys are speaking of...
Likely not available if you're in a contract or existing DPP. Definitely available for existing customers who are upgrade eligible. 

rated:
It only was going to credit me 140$ for my Galaxy S6... not sure if thats because I'm still in contract.

rated:
So, I went to Best Buy, and I bought an S7 Edge. I actually had planned to buy the LG G5 or even V20, but the problem was that Best Buy was not offering gift cards for them. The Edge will cost me $8.33/mo after trade ($200 total) but I got a $400 Best Buy gift card, which I can sell for $350, which will make the whole thing better than free. So I'll pay Verizon more than the Pixel XL, but overall it will be cheaper.

rated:
billrubin said:   So, I went to Best Buy, and I bought an S7 Edge. I actually had planned to buy the LG G5 or even V20, but the problem was that Best Buy was not offering gift cards for them. The Edge will cost me $8.33/mo after trade ($200 total) but I got a $400 Best Buy gift card, which I can sell for $350, which will make the whole thing better than free. So I'll pay Verizon more than the Pixel XL, but overall it will be cheaper.
  So bestbuy deal is better. What kind of phone bestbuy will take for trade in? I have brand new Net10 LG L15G laying around for long time. Thanks  

rated:
phdo said:     So bestbuy deal is better. What kind of phone bestbuy will take for trade in? I have brand new Net10 LG L15G laying around for long time. Thanks  
  The trade-in is thru Verizon so you'll get the same amount. I.e., not very much for that phone.

rated:
Does the trade-in require a change of plan? I'm on the old Loyalty Plan ($60/mo unlimited T&T and 2GB, minus a 20% corporate discount = $48)and don't want to change unless it's a better deal. I want to trade in my functioning but cracked iphone 6, also eligible for upgrade.

rated:
krislai said:   Does the trade-in require a change of plan? I'm on the old Loyalty Plan ($60/mo unlimited T&T and 2GB, minus a 20% corporate discount = $48)and don't want to change unless it's a better deal. I want to trade in my functioning but cracked iphone 6, also eligible for upgrade.
I'd suggest going thru the purchase/trade process on the VZW website. It will tell you if you need to change plans. You don't need to follow thru.

Skipping 10 Messages...
rated:
javaman2003 said:   
krislai said:   Does the trade-in require a change of plan? I'm on the old Loyalty Plan ($60/mo unlimited T&T and 2GB, minus a 20% corporate discount = $48)and don't want to change unless it's a better deal. I want to trade in my functioning but cracked iphone 6, also eligible for upgrade.
  First of all i never knew, you could get corp discount on Loyalty plan. We do have the plan, I thought they denied me once.

Anyway, we got a iPhone 7 from bestbuy with a $100GC. The plan didnt change but got the device payment(BB didnt change plan). I felt getting base iPhone 7 with new plans will end up cheaper than Loyalty plan. I dont think we are going back to the 2yr contract plans(as in service contract). Technically you can stay with $60 plan and finance new phone. It will endup more expensive.
$35 for 2gb, $20 for line access is total $55. Phone price via Verizon is $100/24 (trade-in iphone 6) = 4.16. So total is $59.16+tax. (2yr finance).
Old plan renewal is $60 + $200 for iPhone7/24 = $68.33/month. (24 coz 2yr service contract).

Awesome, thank you for the breakdown. Yes the 20% corp or Employee discount applies to my $60. I believe the rule is as long as the plan is greater than $30/mo. However it doesn't apply to the new plans where access line and device is separate less than $30 (eg, mom's flip phone $20 talk plan plus $5 device). I was thinking of upgrading her phone to a smartphone, then adding another brand new line for my brother, but again I want the discount appkied. Not sure how to go about the best plan and phone deal this weekend. 

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2016