• filter:
  • Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
Voting History
rated:
Ebates is offering 15% off Orbitz activities today, so you can get some Disneyworld Park Hopper tickets for 15% off after the cash back from Orbitz. Just note that Orbitz only sells the Park Hopper tickets and you can only purchase now thru the end of December. You will be emailed a voucher from Orbitz which you must bring to the will call ticket booth at one of the theme parks and then you will get the actual tickets. You MUST pick up the tickets during the dates that you put down on your order, but once you have the tickets they can be used at any time in the future (14 days from first use.) So to clarify, this will only work for someone who will be able to go pick up the tickets at the Disneyworld will call window between now and the end of December.

Member Summary
Staff Summary
Categorized in
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
you sure that's how it works?  I did the Orbitz Disney 30 percent deal years ago and you got the email but there was no time constraint on when you could redeem it.

rated:
pjws3 said:   you sure that's how it works?  I did the Orbitz Disney 30 percent deal years ago and you got the email but there was no time constraint on when you could redeem it.
  I am going by what people have said on the disneyword forums; they say the voucher will only show up in the Disneyworld system in the time period that you specify with Orbitz. You must pick up the ticket in that time period, which can then be used at any time in the future.

And by the way, the deal you are referring to was 20% (not 30%) back in February 2014, which was almost 3 years ago. Things were very different back then - Orbitz offered all types of Disneyworld tickets, npt just the park hoppers, you could buy the tickets and pick it up 6 months later, not just the 1 month in advance you can do now.

rated:
I think once you purchase from Orbitz, you get a code which you link in your disney account. There should be no ticket "pickup" if you are using a disney account and magic bands.

See post #8 in http://www.mouseowners.com/forums/showthread.php?t=87801

rated:
seawolf21 said:   I think once you purchase from Orbitz, you get a code which you link in your disney account. There should be no ticket "pickup" if you are using a disney account and magic bands.

See post #8 in http://www.mouseowners.com/forums/showthread.php?t=87801

That will work fine if you plan on going to Disneyworld before the end of December. The question becomes if you want to buy the tickets for after December? Will they still be linked to your account for use at a later date? I can' seem to find anyone who tried this so there is no way to know.  Personally, I think this becomes a risky strategy as the Orbitz voucher clearly states that you still need to pick up the tickets even if you link them to your account before hand.

rated:
There are several things going on here:

1. Orbitz site listing tickets at same price as Disney website. Those are the ones where you can obtain "magic code" from Orbitz several business days after the order and attach to your Disney account and no need to use by end of the year. This is where it may/may not make sense to use the 15% ebates. Reason I say may/may not is because Orbitz only listing tickets with Hopper option. If you don't need the Hopper option, it may be cheaper going thru Disney direct/Underground Tourist/AMEX offer at BJs for Disney gift cards etc.

2. Orbitz site currently have a subset of tickets which states in description as "redeem now - December 31" (not available on disney website). This I have no idea as to whether 1.) also applies or whether the ticket itself has "first use date by year end."

rated:
BTW is it typically less crowded after Christmas or before?? (have 2 weeks off end of year)

rated:
Try looking at Undercover Tourist calendar.

rated:
Disney is a hell hole during Christmas.

rated:
Can anyone tell me about the weather in Orlando (for Disney visit) during Christmas?

rated:
funlovers said:   Can anyone tell me about the weather in Orlando (for Disney visit) during Christmas?

Varies - Lows can be in the low 50s and highs can get in the 80s.  You need to verify at the last minute and plan around. And then it can change. A few years ago, weather said it highs would be no more than low 70s. Well, the last few days went up to 85 and had to go out and buy shorts.

rated:
BTW,

This may affect you getting FastPass+ ahead of time. If you have the tickets linked to your account, you can reserve 3 FP+ per day, 30 days in advance (if you stay at a Disney Resort, it's 60). If you wait until you get there to get the tickets, you won't be able to get them for E-Ticket rides (7 Dwarfs Mine Train, Soarin', Test Track, Rock 'n' roller coaster, Tower of Terror, Frozen Ever After, etc)

Now, some claim to had been able to link the claim number into their My Disney Experience account without visiting will call, and this basically puts the tickets into your account and can then book FP+.

rated:
needhelpplease said:   BTW is it typically less crowded after Christmas or before?? (have 2 weeks off end of year)

Attendance ramps up and explodes come Dec 25th (until Jan 2nd). It's not uncommon for Magic Kingdom to go into one of the phased closures, and typically the parking lot being full.

rated:
Definitely make sure you verify the terms before you purchase

rated:
Bad time of year to go

rated:
Horseymen said:   Disney is a hell hole during Christmas.
   I would say True when it rains AND when it does not rain

rated:
Thanks. This really helps.

rated:
rsuaver said:   
funlovers said:   Can anyone tell me about the weather in Orlando (for Disney visit) during Christmas?

Varies - Lows can be in the low 50s and highs can get in the 80s.  You need to verify at the last minute and plan around. And then it can change. A few years ago, weather said it highs would be no more than low 70s. Well, the last few days went up to 85 and had to go out and buy shorts.

Thanks. This really helps.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2016