• filter:
  • Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
Voting History
rated:
Acmetools.com has this Char-Broil Digital Smoker on sale for black friday for only $119 and shipping is only $16.95. This item is typically $300-400 depending where you look but this deal is only good through 11-28-16.

http://www.acmetools.com/shop/tools/char-broil-digital-electric-...

Member Summary
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
per my comments on "that other competitor site with FW" with respect to the bad reviews:

Guys, ive owned this since the beginning

i hear TONS of bad reviews, but personally, other than the interface/app and buttons being LESS THAN intuitive and the refresh cycle a little lagging, this unit works beautifully and is so great to have

i really dont understand the issues people have but i am tempted to say they simply have shitty wifi spectrum outside. however, one guy who know what he was doing claimed he still had issues.

so its possible there are some bad wifi antennas combined with the less than intuitive interface

i paid $300-$30 for this and then saw about 6 months later them going for like $130 b/c of the bad reviews

i would NOT HESITATE to jump on this at $130 and should it REALLY NOT work for you, just return/dispute, but totally worth the risk

Again:
App/Interface/Buttons: Leave a lot to be desired and the one main annoyance is you have no way to skip the "starting chips" which for some reason takes 1 hr whereas my prior charbroil round smokers took like 15 minutes

but if you follow directions and use the presets, you wont have an issue

just used it to smoke a 15lb turkey for thanksgiving, was great

PS: AMA, just be sure to quote me over at the other place or i wont see it b/c FW still doesnt seem to get the idea that if you are quoted you should see a notification.

rated:

rated:
ridn4free said:   terrible reviews on Amazon  https://www.amazon.com/Char-Broil-Digital-Electric-SmartChef-Technology/dp/B010NF4TW6

It would probably be worth checking the various BBQ forums out to see what they have to say about it. Near as I can tell the problems seem to be with the implementation of the temperature probes and automated features. An electric smoker should be a very simple device and they appear to have made it far more complicated than it needs to be. My SmokinTex smoker is ridiculously simple. It has an analog thermostat and it works beautifully.  An independent meat temperature probe like the popular Maverick models is all you need.  For electric models, you only need a single channel probe for the meat itself.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2016