posted 13 days ago by
wishbone

Redpocket mobile 1 year prepaid gold plan plan has dropped to $179.99 again this year. Redpocket ebay  This is similar to the regular plan but it includes unlimited texts etc. More info can be found in this previous thread. Redpocket  main website 

6 Comments
Add Comment
rated:
or ring+ for free.

rated:
trumpotron said:   or ring+ for free.
  Perhaps but Redpocket won't take your money, and then force you to move to a plan that has 1/5th of the allocations they promised, or force you to use a special dialing application that may not work properly on your phone.   And it's add free.   

And you you can use one of the networks with the best geographic coverages in the country, rather than the one that trails all the others by tens of thousands of square miles.    

The point is that RingPlus has some value, but certainly the last months actions have proven that is is certainly not a service that can be relied upon.   They had a plan with similar limits to this one, at about the same cost for the first year.   (Mad Snow with member plus - costs 120 for member plus and $3.60/ month each month after that).   With the second year only costing 40 dollars or so.  But the elephant in the room is if they, and that plan are even going to be around for the full year let alone a second year and beyond.   

rated:
  I hate to be a Rinplus hater(pun intended) but in my opinion Redpocket is a great service because they support all four major networks.  Ringplus and their Sprint offering is very limited for some of us.  I do have a phone on Ringplus their service is alright in some areas. 

rated:

I doubt you have been following the Ring+ announcements of recent then. I can't complain about the nearly free service for the last year almost, but not a fan of drastic changes. Seems the way they went about this, that they will make the people they need most want to leave and not come back, making it harder to hit their subscriber goal

rated:
Why it's marked expired? I just reloaded the page and it's still there.

rated:
I looked at this thread specifically because of the RingPlus fiasco that just happened. My plan expires on 12/15, so I have until then to decide whether to switch. It's going to depend on what plans are available in the next couple weeks.

I just had a chat with RedPocket customer service, and they look very promising. I just ordered a Moto X Pure, so I can use any network, but I'm not sure which one will have the best coverage at my home and work. So I asked about switching networks in the middle of the year. Here's what they said (emphasis added):
Online Chat said:
16:56 Me: Another question, please. If I find out the coverage isn't good enough on one network, can I switch to another network in the middle of the year?
16:57 CS Leslie: Yes, you can switch but we suggest to do that on the day the current month expires. For eBay, it is a 1 year subscription but will renew everymonth. So, in any case, you would like to switch over to another network, you may do so a day on the day of renewal because whatever balance left in a month will not be carried over.
16:58 Me: Great! Would I do that myself online, or would I need to go through CS?
16:59 CS Leslie: You can do that on the website using the link we provided but would also be better if we can activate it for you, so we can try and do a test.
16:59 CS Leslie: Any option will do.

(They just moved it back out of Expired Deals.)

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2016