posted 6 days ago by
mrssgt
Broke Member

AAFES (Military affiliated only) has the Microsoft Office 365 Home Subscription Military Edition for $29.99, (plus $4.95 shipping or free shipping on $50+)
Up to 5 users, 1 year subscription

11 Comments
Add Comment
Moderator Comment: This thread is mirrored to these forums: MOBILE, LAPTOPS, AND COMPUTERS, HOT DEALS. — Dec. 3, 2016 @ 7:59am
rated:
Great deal. Too bad I am not an AFFES member

rated:
What's the advantage of 365?

rated:
exmiuwu said:   What's the advantage of 365?
  You get to pay for it anew each year.

rated:
actually DVA employees are also eligible to purchase through AAFES... sadly i no longer work there...

rated:
robertw477 said:   Great deal. Too bad I am not an AFFES member
  same here.

rated:
If you have a @mail.mil and/or @us.army.mil email account, you can get Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2016 (PC) or Office Home and Business 2016 (Mac) for $9.95 through the Microsoft Home Use Program (HUP) with program code A0CF7EC7A0.

See MilitaryCAC.com for additional info.

rated:
Does it come with the 1T Onedrive storage?

Does it auto renew?

As a renewal would it start when my current subscription I received when they downgraded Onedrive max free storage expires?

thanks.

rated:
It's the 1 year, 5 users (up to 5TB) subscription. This is a great deal if you use the Microsoft Office suite in your family (and understand the yearly subscription model). We like it because with the Onedrive integration our files are easily accessible as we move from PC, tablet, or phone on the go. Onedrive also pulls down photos from our iPhones and we can access or share them from a Windows PC or any mobile device. It's not quite the same as the ease of all Apple sharing, but it makes sense since we use the other Office products and sharing features.

In my experience, when you enter in a new subscription code, it extends your current subscription by the one year term. In the past I have purchased multiple (Home) subscriptions and added them one after another to extend for that number of years. I was concerned about the 'Military' version of this compared to my current 'Home' subscription. I contacted Microsoft via their chat system and they indicated this version could be used to extend my current subscription.

rated:
FYI, if you have a University 4-yr sub (was $79 I think) and you apply this to your account thinking it will extend it, BE CAREFUL. I did and it overrode my University plan, rendering it void. Reset it to only one year. So frustrated.

rated:
I got this on eBay for $30, then a weird transaction notice in the night about a compromised seller account. It installed fine, it is Office 365 Business. Not sure if I will trust the 1TB storage as I think it can be adjusted by the administrator... AT YOUR OWN RISK:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Microsoft-Office-2016-5-Users-Mac-Window... 

PS, seller said that he had just logged in from a weird location. He is still up and running...

rated:
Wish it was for former military too.. ugh.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2016