• filter:
  • Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
Voting History
rated:

Moderator Comment: This thread is mirrored to these forums: CYBER MONDAY, HOT DEALS. — Dec. 6, 2016 @ 2:01pm
Member Summary

Professional Breville BES870XL (13.00kB)
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
Categorized in
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:

rated:
Cheaper on Amazon here $569

rated:
How many drinks do you get before it breaks? I used to spend a lot of time on the road and the hotel lounges would have machines that cost over $7,000 which were breaking down all the time. I'm guessing that espresso-at-home machines are even worse on a breakdows-per-100-cups basis...

rated:
There's a 12% for first time customers with sign-up.

rated:
According to Breville, $599.99 looks to be MSRP.

rated:
If you apply for the overstock MasterCard credit card, they give you a 10%, then 12%, then 15% coupon, I think you have to use the app and it automatically pops up.

rated:
Got mine with 12% at $527.96, if I waited till today, with 15%, could have gotten it for $509.96.

rated:
This is for sure on my wish list

rated:
They also come in Red and Black as well, in case they are out off stock on the silver one.

rated:
easy to use ?

rated:
Is this an automatic?

rated:
Honestly it depends on the brand. I had a Mr. Coffee one that lasted me 3 years, and even then the only reason it broke was because it got damaged while moving. That's on the cheap side of the spectrum. As long as you clean it after every use and use a cleaner once in a while it'll last you a long time. If you can get a Delonghi, or Nespresso brand it'll be even better, but keep in mind that the price will jump up because of the name.

rated:
bertsch said:   How many drinks do you get before it breaks? I used to spend a lot of time on the road and the hotel lounges would have machines that cost over $7,000 which were breaking down all the time. I'm guessing that espresso-at-home machines are even worse on a breakdows-per-100-cups basis...
  Honestly it depends on the brand. I had a Mr. Coffee one that lasted me 3 years, and even then the only reason it broke was because it got damaged while moving. That's on the cheap side of the spectrum. As long as you clean it after every use and use a cleaner once in a while it'll last you a long time. If you can get a Delonghi, or Nespresso brand it'll be even better, but keep in mind that the price will jump up because of the name.

rated:
That doesn't look like the 870. The 870 has a grinder built in and has a pressure gauge. I have the 840, basically the same as the 870 without the grinder. It is a highly rated machine in this price range from coffeegeeks.com. I have had it for 2+ years, making at least 4 shots (2 drinks) a day. Besides cleaning cycle and descaling, it has been reliable. But I only use RO water in the machine, I think that makes a big difference...
Having said that, I don't think the price is that hot...

rated:

rated:
This is not a deal, this is MSRP.

As to the unit itself. You will be getting a lot of bang for your buck - this unit delivers a very nice quality at a very reasonable price. However, keep in mind, that they are using propitiatory parts, which are impossible to get on your own. Once warranty term expires, you are pretty much suck with non-working unit with no parts to fix. A lot of time Breville's support is excellent and they can still service you as a courtesy after warranty term expires. If extended warranty is offered, I'd probably get it.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2016