• Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
Voting History
rated:
OG, Pier One expire 1/31/17

Five Guys 12/31

YMMV all offers on any given card.

www.americanexpress.com

OG in rest. only, can use to buy a Gift Card at OG B&M.

Moderator Comment: This thread is mirrored to these forums: CYBER MONDAY, HOT DEALS. — Dec. 2, 2016 @ 12:11pm
Member Summary

amex (7.59kB)
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
My Five Guys is $5 off $20.  Your title says otherwise.

rated:
Treefarn said:   My Five Guys is $5 off $20.  Your title says otherwise.

some people get different offers....my title is accurate, just say thanks, you lucked out with a better offer.

rated:
MISTERCHEAP said:   

some people get different offers....my title is accurate, just say thanks, you lucked out with a better offer.

Just pointing it out in case either you made a mistake, or if you wanted to add YMMV or $5 off $20 or $25 or something of the like to the title.

rated:
  Amex often has different offers

My Olive garden is 10 off 50 on 2 cards, wish it was 40

rated:
invisible said:   
  Amex often has different offers

My Olive garden is 10 off 50 on 2 cards, wish it was 40

That's too bad. Mine was $10/40 on all cards I had it on.

Remember that OG gift cards can be used at all Darden Restaurants, including Bahama Breeze, Capital Grill, Yard House, Longhorn Steakhouse. I think they can also still be used at Red Lobster, even though they were sold off.

rated:
thanks for the heads-up OP, I lucked out with OG $10/$40 and FG $5/$20.

rated:
Treefarn said:   
MISTERCHEAP said:   

Just pointing it out in case either you made a mistake, or if you wanted to add YMMV or $5 off $20 or $25 or something of the like to the title.

saying "your title says otherwise" implies I posted up wrong info. it is more helpful to say offers may vary, ymmv as I got $5 off 20.  

rated:
Treefarn said:   
MISTERCHEAP said:   

OP is correct.

How the hell is he supposed to know what offer (if any) that you, or I might get??

He posted that there MAY be a deal on the amex offer, related to the stores noted.

Say thanks and then POST your experience... and then say thanks again!  BECAUSE if OP had not posted this, you would not have known about it.

PS, in case you want to say that you knew about it, or would have figured it out on your own.... well then, you should have posted it.... or put every possible mix of offers in the title WHEN you posted it.

so just say thanks and give up while you are behind...

Thanks MrC

rated:
Mine says, in the terms... Excludes all other Darden Brands. Offer Terms & ConditionsValid in-restaurant only. Excludes physical gift cards purchased online. Not valid for e-gift card purchases. Valid at any participating location in the US and US Territories. Excludes all other Darden brands. Enrollment limited. Must add offer to Card and use same Card to redeem. Limit 1 statement credit(s) per American Express® Card across all American Express offer channels. Statement credit will appear on your billing statement within 90 days after 1/31/2017, provided that American Express receives information from the merchant about your qualifying purchase. Note that American Express may not receive information about your qualifying purchase from merchant until all items from your qualifying purchase have been provided/shipped by merchant. Statement credit may be reversed if qualifying purchase is returned/cancelled. If American Express does not receive information that identifies your transaction as qualifying for the offer, you will not receive the statement credit. For example, your transaction will not qualify if it is not made directly with the merchant. In addition, in most cases, you may not receive the statement credit if your transaction is made with an electronic wallet or through a third party or if the merchant uses a mobile or wireless card reader to process it. By adding an offer to a Card, you agree that American Express may send you communications about the offer. POID: CE5I:0001

rated:
lawomanim1 said:   Mine says, in the terms... Excludes all other Darden Brands
What point are you trying to make here, since it's not clear who you are responding to? If you were responding to my post about being able to use the gift card at other Darden chains, what you quoted is for the AMEX offer, not for the gift card you are buying take take advantage of it. So you can't go to a different Darden chain and expect the offer to work but you can certainly use the OG gift card at another chain.

If you were responding to someone else or just quoting the fine print for some odd reason, never mind.

rated:
Still trying to figure out how to respond to people's post.... I clicked the respond to ur post... guess it didn't work. So, I will clarify.... Just didn't want to see people buy G/C online and use at any random Darden Location and be disappointed, for not receiving the credit.

Yes, u can buy a G/C and use @ other Darden locations but people need to know how to properly go about getting credit.

Re: Terms and Conditions; Are always helpful.

rated:
lawomanim1 said:   Still trying to figure out how to respond to people's post.... I clicked the respond to ur post... guess it didn't work. So, I will clarify.... Just didn't want to see people buy G/C online and use at any random Darden Location and be disappointed, for not receiving the credit.

Yes, u can buy a G/C and use @ other Darden locations but people need to know how to properly go about getting credit.

Re: Terms and Conditions; Are always helpful.

Click on "quote" to include the post you're responding to.

All you really needed to do was include "Valid in-restaurant only." The rest of the fine print is just confusing to most people. And buying a gift card online and using it at OG also wouldn't work, so it's not even a Darden thing.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2016