posted 7 days ago by
fsimmsninja

Cricket Wireless has the Apple iPhone 5S on sale for $100 w/ Free Shipping.

• Requires new line of service 
  • Requires a plan of at least $30/mo.
  • 4" Retina Display
  • TouchID Fingerprint Scanner 

The iPhone 5S has received a rating of 4/5 stars based on 2,260 Amazon consumer reviews. 

41 Comments
Add Comment
Moderator Comment: This thread is mirrored to these forums: CYBER MONDAY, HOT DEALS. — Dec. 6, 2016 @ 2:01pm
rated:
It is cheap for the product,but how about the quality?

rated:
Thinking about leaving Ringpus with recent plan changes, Cricket has 5 line for 100, no tax,
It looks pretty simple to unlock this 5S,Unlocking instructions for Cricket iPhone 7 Plus, 7, SE, 6S Plus, 6S, 6 plus, 6, SE, 5S, 5C, 5, 4S, 4 :

1. Insert non-accepted sim in phone, restart.
  2. Open dialer, press *228 and press call button, after that connect to iTunes and phone will be unlocked

rated:
Cricket doesn't get a lot of love, but it's worked terrific for our family the past 1.5 years.

Using the Group Discount plan, our family has 5 lines for $100 flat/month.

Includes Unlimited Talk, Text and 2.5gB/data each. (More data can be bought a la carte if wanted.)

Uses the AT&T network and we don't have coverage complaints.

rated:
adding a plan is required to checkout. the lowest plan is $30.  only space gray is available.

rated:
I've had nothing but positive experiences with iPhone 

rated:
Right they are also running a promo where their $50 plan will give you 8GB of data as to the 5gb that you normally get. It might not be worth it if you are on one line, but if you are on the family share plan where you have 5 lines, change one line from 2.5 to 8gb will be only $10 on that line or $50 extra for all 5 lines to have 8gb of 4G LTE data for a total cost of $150 Flat.

rated:
comodosky said:   

2. Open dialer, press *228 and press call button, after that connect to iTunes and phone will be unlocked

Does anyone here have firsthand experience of this working?

rated:
Wouldn't work for me.

rated:
"Serene Member" so I just blindly trust.

rated:
Iwish they offered this for current customers, be great as a spare phone, but as for Cricketwireless Customer service, I've had nothing but BAD experiences with the overseas customer service, they really don't know very much and don't care, hell they couldn't even understand my pin number for the phone to access or change information on my account, I think it's a general call center somewhere in a very non english speaking place. If your ok with that then Cricketwireless is great for you, cell service is about the same as AT@T, minus the faster download speeds.

rated:
Thanks it works for me

rated:
bluestraw said:   
comodosky said:   

Does anyone here have firsthand experience of this working?

wont work as far as I know.
But cricket will unlock on the unlimited plan. You can upgrade to the unlimited plan (pay the difference at the time of upgrade) , get the unlock, and then downgrade back to a lower plan and get a prorated credit in your account. Do it all in one day. 

rated:
Keep in mind that Cricket throttles your LTE, so you max speed in 8MB/s

rated:
Is it unlocked?

rated:
  My mother and sister have been using Cricket for the last year or so. My mother complains about coverage in very rural areas now and then, but overall is very happy with it. The prices are good and the service is good, maybe not for everybody, but for those wanting reliable service without much drama, it is hard to beat them.

rated:
I switched my Iphone 6 from verizon to Cricket a few months ago and have not had any problems. Speeds are fine- I have not noticed much difference surfing the net.

rated:
Are these iPhones new or refurbished?

rated:
This requires a *new* line of service with a qualifying plan, at least $30/MO. That info belongs in the title.

rated:
I have been using Cricket with the family for over a year now. Yes the speed is throttled to 8mb/s but it is fast enough for what we're looking for. I've explored shifting to Boost, Virgin and other prepaid carriers but Cricket offers a very compelling bang for the buck.

rated:
Someone on the "other" forum said you would need to start with the $70 plan in order to unlock the phone.

rated:
shihkang said:   Someone on the "other" forum said you would need to start with the $70 plan in order to unlock the phone.

Or switch to $70 , unlock, and then switch back.

rated:
I have one I got from WalMart....Iphone 5C...it demands my itunes password each time I open it..
I would not recommend this phone to anyone.

rated:
hmmmmmmmm...apple employee??

rated:
will it work on ring+

rated:
nop, afaik

rated:
belgique said:   I have one I got from WalMart. ...Iphone 5C...it demands my itunes password each time I open it..

not to give you red....but you are definitely doing something wrong.....user error....not hardware/software error

rated:
Do yourself a favor and avoid this obsolete device.

rated:
BennyZz said:   Do yourself a favor and avoid this obsolete device.

I bought the iPhone 5s when it was released and I'm using it to this day and I'm perfectly happy with it. This device is still getting iOS updates so not sure why you think its obsolete.

rated:
dealgain said:   
belgique said:   I have one I got from WalMart. ...Iphone 5C...it demands my itunes password each time I open it..

not to give you red....but you are definitely doing something wrong.....user error....not hardware/software error

Not necessarily. Maybe malware is loaded, and they want to make sure they have his most up to date password.

rated:
Is this brand new?

rated:
Not sure why people are obsessed with iPhone 5S when iPhone 7+ is already out. Get with the times amigos...

rated:

I'd take it to the nearest Apple Store, and ask if they can help.. they are usually very smart, courteous and helpful for me.. 

rated:
In response to the complaint about the call center.....Always use their zendesk/email.  Much more competent and helpful customer service then the call center.

cricketwireless.zendesk.com 

rated:
In addition to the zendesk, if you post a message at the Twitter feed, you will get a fast response as well.

rated:
How long does Cricket require a new line of service to be maintained?

rated:
What are the consequences if you cancel within a week if there is poor coverage in your area?

rated:
subbu001 said:   What are the consequences if you cancel within a week if there is poor coverage in your area?
  only the loss of the money you paid for the months service.

rated:
cps6568 said:   How long does Cricket require a new line of service to be maintained?
  one month, which you pay for in advance. There are no refunds, so if you cancel the first day you lose the money.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2016