• filter:
  • Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
Voting History
rated:
Harry & David offers its Harry & David The Favorite Royal Riviera Pears 5-lb. Box for $19.99 plus $9.99 for shipping.
Each box contains approximately nine Royal Riviera pears.

Member Summary
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
Got excited until I saw shipping cost.

rated:
That is $6 per pound. Nine pears -over $3 per pear. And this is a deal how exactly?

Last year, at the Natick Mall after Christmas (or perhaps after New Year, I do not remember) they cleared out their stand and sold those pears for $7.50 per box. That was a good deal - a reasonable price, not much higher than (beautiful!) pears in my local supermarket or picked up directly from the orchard (in season, less than two months ago).

P.S.

These pears are Comice pears. At Peapod.com (the online service of Stop and Shop & Giant supermarket chains) they currently charge $0.88 per pound of Comice pears. Just for comparison.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2016