posted 10 days ago by
MISTERCHEAP
Happy Member

1. Click here and login to your existing account or to sign up for a free account
  2. Click here after logging in to your account
  3. Click on 'Manage Membership / Addresses' under Membership Information column on the left
  4. Click 'Upgrade to Premium' for the address you wish to upgrade
  5. Complete form and enter promotion code BY5AY1MM7 in the space provided, then click 'Apply Promotion Code'
  6. Total will be $40 - $30 off w/ promotion code = $10

To turn off auto renew:

1.   login to your account
  2. Click 'Edit' at the top of the 'Update My Name or Address' box
  3. Uncheck the 'I want UPS to automatically renew my membership' box, then click 'Save Changes'

54 Comments
Add Comment
rated:
nice deal

rated:
ipXtreme said:   nice deal
  agreed, so everyone can get their trash faster

rated:
[rant]UPS charges non-premium members for vacation hold.    FedEx and USPS vacation hold is free for anyone.[/rant]

rated:
Thanks! I just upgraded a bunch of sure post deliveries!

rated:
What are the benefits with premium membership?

rated:
joshm said:   Thanks! I just upgraded a bunch of sure post deliveries!

Does upgrading of SurePost eliminate the use of USPS for these deliveries?  That would be worth more than $10! 

rated:
dgrade said:   What are the benefits with premium membership?

they are outlined in the QS

rated:
gremln007 said:   

Does upgrading of SurePost eliminate the use of USPS for these deliveries?  That would be worth more than $10! 

yes, they convert to UPS ground.

rated:
gremln007 said:   

Couldn't agree more.  Raining today.  USPS packages all soaked.

rated:
Ok, Mr. C - I usually do not have any problems with your posts, but this time I followed all directions exactly & getting the error message: Promotion Code is not valid (1036). I did enter my credit card number as I understand that I would be charged $10 after the promo code. Unfort. did not work for me. AND I use the UPS My Choice service MUCH. Willing to upgrade to premium, but no go for me.

UPDATE 5 minutes later: Persistent as I am, kept trying & finally got the code to take!  Subscription Cost:$10.00 (discounted based on Promotion Code - Courtesy of UPS) You have successfully enrolled in a UPS My Choice® Premium Membership

Thanks Mr. C, you came thru again!  

rated:
Thanks for the USPS info and great deal. Just signed up. No issues.

rated:
Thanks, OP! Worth it for the surepost packages!

rated:
Thanks just upgraded to premium. How can you tell if it has been upgraded other than the message after making the payment. I don't see anywhere it says it is premium.

rated:
i'd love to know if this could be used to extend an existing premium membership.

rated:
frodobaggins said:   Thanks just upgraded to premium. How can you tell if it has been upgraded other than the message after making the payment. I don't see anywhere it says it is premium.

Did you try this:

1.  login to your account
  2. Click 'Edit' at the top of the 'Update My Name or Address' box
  3. Uncheck the 'I want UPS to automatically renew my membership' box, then click 'Save Changes'

rated:
how about pkg pickup, any charge for that?

rated:
The upgrade of a SurePost package to UPS ground is the best benefit. Alas, especially at this time of year, the tracking system is pretty worthless. My packages tend to get delivered before the tracking information is updated. The tracking will show the package still at a major sorting location or worse just the city where the package was accepted into the system and it will be a day or two after delivery before the true tracking information is available. But for the price it's a HOT DEAL.

https://www.ups.com/mychoice/features/

rated:
I cant even sign up as it keeps telling me my email "language choice" is blank but I'm selecting English? Tried multiple times now. 

rated:
Noahbody123 said:   The upgrade of a SurePost package to UPS ground is the best benefit. Alas, especially at this time of year, the tracking system is pretty worthless. My packages tend to get delivered before the tracking information is updated. The tracking will show the package still at a major sorting location or worse just the city where the package was accepted into the system and it will be a day or two after delivery before the true tracking information is available. But for the price it's a HOT DEAL.

https://www.ups.com/mychoice/features/

Changing delivery date is nice too.  Retired and would rather have deliveries on a day I am home and not out running errands.  Too many thieves, especially this time of year.

rated:
henare said:   i'd love to know if this could be used to extend an existing premium membership.
  +1

rated:
Thanks Mr.Cheap!  Worked for me, but your first couple of steps with links did not, for whatever reason. So I finally figured out where to find your step 3 stuff once logged in to UPS My Choice.
Here's your procedure recopied with a few changed steps (no links) that may/may not help others with this:

1. Login to your existing My UPS account or to sign up for a free My UPS account.
2. After logging in, click the Tracking tab > Access UPS My Choice.
3. On the UPS My Choice (calendar) screen, click the My Settings tab near the top.
4. Click on 'Manage Membership / Addresses' under Membership Information column on the left
5. Click 'Upgrade to Premium' for the address you wish to upgrade
6. Complete form and enter promotion code BY5AY1MM7 in the space provided, then click 'Apply Promotion Code'.
Total will be $40 - $30 off w/ promotion code = $10

NOTE: When on the My Settings tab of the UPS My Choice screen, you may find a few other links helpful:
- Add First Name Variations (e.g. Bob in addition to Robert, and so on)
- Add Household Members (spouse, children, and so on).
This allows the tracking of more possible packages to the same address...sweet!

rated:
+1. Thank you!

rated:
In for 1 (year). Thanks OP

rated:
Worked for me thanks!!

rated:
I still can't understand why anyone would pay extra. your package is coming no matter what . 

rated:
thanks

rated:
Thanks OP

rated:
Is there any benefits for out going?

rated:
dougef said:   
henare said:   i'd love to know if this could be used to extend an existing premium membership.
  +1

+2

rated:
Thanks Op. I just upgraded and turned off that surepost.

rated:
Thanks MC

rated:
Thanks just upgraded how do you turn off sure post.

rated:
It took me awhile but I finally figured out how to turn off surepost.

rated:
fabric2000 said:   I still can't understand why anyone would pay extra. your package is coming no matter what . 

Allows you to control your packages being delivered.  Very valuable time saver.  Plus, it helps you control any porch pirates that may get tempted to swipe your goods.  No one has time to deal with all that nonsense with the merchant.  

rated:
For those on the fence, try it. I think you'll find it's the best 10 bucks spent in a long while. Thanks for posting MC!

rated:
fabric2000 said:   I still can't understand why anyone would pay extra. your package is coming no matter what . 
  your package is scheduled to be delivered on monday. you know you will be at home on friday. UPS will attempt to deliver three times (monday, tuesday, wednesday) and then you have to go pick up the package from the ups depot. 

OR you can find a coupon code and sign up for My UPS and schedule the delivery at your convenience. OR you can redirect the delivery to your office instead of having to wait. 

you may not find these features useful. others do. your understanding of this doesn't figure into things. 

rated:
This is great, the calendar view of scheduled deliveries is totally awesome. I chose not to automatically upgrade all of my SurePost packages at this point, as my UPS guy comes really late in the day (often around 7pm) and my mailman comes really early... it would be a day earlier, but with Christmas coming the earlier deliveries should allow me to grab the packages before the wife sees them. For now if it's not a surprise gift I will just manually upgrade the individual package when needed - as I absolutely hate the slowness of SurePost!

I initially added the wife as a household member to track/upgrade, but then I decided to remove her because I may ruin one of my own surprise gifts. Sometimes she tells me not to look at the package that comes on a certain day - and if I'm tracking her then I'll get email updates with the shipper's name. Just giving you some things to consider with Christmas coming up.

These are the stated perks:
You have successfully enrolled in a UPS My Choice® Premium Membership
Enjoy Greater Flexibility When You Can't be Home for Your Deliveries
- Sign for a package online when you won't be home to sign in person.
- Have packages delivered to another address or on another day.
- Send your packages to The UPS Store® or a UPS Access Point™ location for convenient pickup.
- Premium Members receive two free 2-hour confirmed delivery window requests annually. An $8 fee is charged for additional requests.
- Premium members receive unlimited free UPS SurePost® upgrades to UPS Ground that will enable you to take action on your packages.
- Use the Set a Vacation feature to hold your packages at a UPS Access Point location up to seven days while you're traveling. Other options are available to hold your packages for up to two weeks.

rated:
Shipping charges in Canada?

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2016