NEW! Microsoft Lumia 640 XL - 8GB - Black - Unlocked 
$68
https://glyde.com/buy/Microsoft-Lumia-640-XL-8GB-Black-Unlocked/12080666 

• Windows Phone 8.1 OS
  • 3G Network WCDMA 1,2,5,8 = 2100 / 1900 / 850 / 1900
  • 13 MP main camera and 5 MP front-facing camera
  • 3000 mAh battery, quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 400 processor
  • 2G Network GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900

Same phone sells for $90 on Amazon  https://www.amazon.com/Microsoft-Unlocked-Quad-Core-WIndows-Smartphone/dp/B016CDCSG2

Moderator Comment: This thread is mirrored to these forums: MOBILE, LAPTOPS, AND COMPUTERS, HOT DEALS. — Dec. 11, 2016 @ 2:18am
Member Summary
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
FWIW if you don't want to deal with an invisible seller (Glyde is an escrow type intermediary) you can get the same handset from Newegg for $74.99. That would not be worth the $7 for me, but others might be twitchy. I have bought phones via Glyde, the shipping is slow because Glyde has to send the actual seller a prepaid shipping container. I prefer Swappa or eBay unless the price is right.

rated:
$35 next year?

rated:
There aree 3 versions of this phone. So, one needs to be very careful with purchase.
1 - The international version with all LTE bands (us & international)
2 -  single sim with LTE but supports only USA LTE bands.
3 - Single sim with no LTE support at all. 

I suspect this particular one is #3. If true, then IMO it's not even worth the $68 it's going for. Honestly, the lack of apps has pretty much killed this platform. I used the regular 640 for a few months and still have it...just don't use it.  

rated:
po90260 said:   $35 next year?

MAybe, if you can FIND them.  They made millions of 640, but not nearly so many of the XL model which is the big screen.

I was interested in getting one until the platform developer (Microsoft) abandoned the platform.  They SAY they are still supporting it, but the vultures are already circling...

I really liked the simpler OS, there were never enough apps and that isn't going to get BETTER. 

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2016