https://social.ringplus.net/discussion/9606/new-standard-plans/p1 

The following is valid for each of the plans below:

·       Overages for Free Pan (Mad Avatar) are billed from your Top Up Balance at 10 cents per Unite  (Minutes/MMS/SMS/MB- LTE full speed) and billed 5cent per unite for paid plans (Mad Apple).

·       Activations Fee is $5 per activation.  There is no Activation Fee for current Members, who switch to any new plan offered. 

·       If Members switch from any current plan to one of the new plans the top up will transfer to the new plan.

·       If the Top Up balance falls to or is under $5 an auto top up from $15 will occur.

·       Tethering for plans, with unlimited 2g data will be priced at $3.99, for all other plans below tethering will be included.

·       All plans are directly routed over Sprint 

In addition for current Members only:

·      Current Members can switch with no activation fee. 

·      Member+ can activate a Member+ add on for any plan  (1.25 GB every 6 month) for free to any plan below

·      Phone Swaps are free. Plan changes will take effect immediately (until November 30, 2016 9 pm, afterwards at the end of billing cycle) 

·      All current Members and Member+ switching a line to the plans can additionally chose one of two free add on for selected plans (Free Mad Avatar, Mad bottomless Apple and Mad bottomless Orange) 

o   A 700 MB recurring every three month/ Free

o   A 250 MB recurring every month/ Free

---

Free Mad Avatar

Allotments: 

$0 / Month 775 Minutes (275 Regular and 500 outgoing VoIP), 275 Text 275 MMS and 500 MB LTE Full Speed

·      Tethering included

For our current members switching to this plan:

$0 / Month 775 Minutes (275 Regular and 500 outgoing VoIP), 275 Text 275 MMS and 750* MB LTE Full Speed

For our current Member+:

$0 / Month 775 Minutes (275 Regular and 500 outgoing VoIP), 275 Text 275 MMS and 963* MB LTE Full Speed

*Members have to chose the free add-ons during sign up

As soon RingPlus will launch its smart and VoIP dialer, Members will have 30 days to install one of those applications and will have unlimited calls over these applications. 

For feature phones or for Members who don't want to install a VoIP dialer or smart dialer, those Members will have the option to switch at this time to a third party system. They will be able to continue the plan with a small increase in call latency (less than current latency).  

(During the waiting time members can install an open source VoIP dialer and can make up to 500 Minutes out going calls)

---

Mad bottomless Apple 

$7.99/Month 300 Talk, 300 Text, 300 SMS, 300 MB full Speed and unlimited 2g afterwards.

For our current Member switching to this Plan

$7.99/Month 300 Talk, 300 Text, 300 SMS, 550* MB full Speed and unlimited 2g afterwards

For our current Member+

$7.99/Month 300 Talk, 300 Text, 300 SMS, 763* MB full Speed and unlimited 2g afterwards

*Members have to choose the free add-on during sign up

No Smart Dialer Required (Special free add on available with future Smart/VoIP dialer TBA)

---

Mad bottomless Orange

$9.99/Month Unlimited Talk, Unlimited Text, Unlimited SMS and 500 MB-LTE and unlimited 2g Data.  

For our current Members 

$9.99/Month 300 Talk, 300 Text, 300 SMS, 750 MB full Speed and unlimited 2g afterwards*

For our Member+

$9.99/Month 300 Talk, 300 Text, 300 SMS, 963 MB full Speed and unlimited 2g afterwards*

*Members have to choose the free add-ons during sign up

No Smart Dialer Required (Special free add on available with future Smart/VoIP dialer TBA) 

---

Mad Ham

$15.99/Month Unlimited Talk, Unlimited Text, Unlimited SMS and 1 GB -LTE and unlimited 2g Data. 

More full speed data please see the very attractive overage packages above.

For our current Member+

$15.99/Month Unlimited Talk, Unlimited Text, Unlimited SMS and 1,37* GB -LTE and unlimited 2g Data. 

---

Mad bottomless Mango

$19.99/Month Unlimited Talk, Unlimited Text, Unlimited SMS and 2 GB -LTE and unlimited 2g Data. 

Member+ will have the option of free tethering 

No Smart Dialer Required ( Special free add on available with future Smart/VoIP dialer TBA)

For our current Member+

$19.99/Month Unlimited Talk, Unlimited Text, Unlimited SMS and 2,37 GB -LTE and unlimited 2g Data. 

---

Mad Merry

$29.99/Month Unlimited Talk, Unlimited Text, Unlimited SMS and 5 GB -LTE and unlimited 2g Data. 

No Smart Dialer Required ( Special free add on available with future Smart/VoIP dialer TBA)

---

Mad Special 

$39.99/Month Unlimited Talk, Unlimited Text, Unlimited SMS and 10 GB -LTE and unlimited 2g Data. 

125 Comments
Add Comment
rated:
You might want to put starts 11/28 at 11pm on this.

rated:
Basically you are paying more for less and less with every new promo except Mad Pops.

Free Mad Avatar is the only FREE plan with:

$0 / Month 775 Minutes (275 Regular and 500 outgoing VoIP), 275 Text 275 MMS and 500 MB LTE Full Speed

For comparison:
Mad Fiesta Plan           500/500/500/500MB 
Mad Oak Plan              200+1000 VOIP/750/750/750MB
Mad Pops Upgrade    100+100VOIP/100/100/100MB
Mad Plum Upgrade   200+300VOIP/500/500/1000MB
Mad Interim Plan         300/300/300/300MB

rated:
forbin4040 said:   You might want to put starts 11/28 at 11pm on this.
  11/29 per my email today.

rated:
ALL previous plan upgrades from yesterday are back again until 11 PM Pacific (2 AM Eastern) past midnight.

So, IF YOU MISSED UPGRADING YOUR PLAN NOW IS THE TIME TO DO IT.

rated:
Do all plans include WIFI ? If so, does WIFI count against plan minutes ?

rated:
blueribb said:   Do all plans include WIFI ? If so, does WIFI count against plan minutes ?
If you mean DATA then it has separate allocation for each plan.

WiFi has nothing to do with phone plans.

rated:
For all those wondering between Plum and upcoming Avatar Plans:

PLUM has 200 cellular vs AVATAR 275 cellular (both have 500 VOIP)
PLUM has 500 texts vs AVATAR 275 texts
PUM has 500 MMS vs AVATAR 275 MMS
PLUM has 1gb vs AVATAR has 500mb plus one of the following add ons - an extra 250mb a month or an extra 700mb every 3 months (both have tethering)

So pick plum if you want the extra data and/or texts / MMS and Avatar for the extra cellular.

rated:

Mad Ski (282.79kB)
Disclaimer
marcopolomle said:   
blueribb said:   Do all plans include WIFI ? If so, does WIFI count against plan minutes ?

The reason I asked about WiFi is because it's mentioned on my current plan (Michelangelo) which expires tomorrow. Also, did you notice a new FREE plan called Mad Ski ?
When I clicked on "upgrade plan", this is what I see now.

Note: Mad Ski requires a paid add-on (expensive) although it's not mentioned until you select it. See attached screen capture.

rated:
I have been trying to add 2nd line to my mad team family plan but unable to from the dash board ADD /activate. Any ideas? Support has not responded to my support ticket over a month.Thank you.

rated:
I have been trying to add 2nd line to my mad team family plan but unable to from the dash board ADD /activate. Any ideas? Support has not responded to my support ticket over a month.Thank you.

rated:
blueribb said:   
marcopolomle said:   

The reason I asked about WiFi is because it's mentioned on my current plan (Michelangelo) which expires tomorrow. Also, did you notice a new FREE plan called Mad Ski ?

Note: Mad Ski requires a paid add-on (expensive) although it's not mentioned until you select it. See attached screen capture.

Just switch to Mad Plum if you have >$5 or Mad Pops if you have <$5 in your account balance.
If you have less than $5, I suggest topping up your account balance beforehand and THEN switching to Mad Plum since it is the best available plan to switch to.

rated:
marcopolomle said:   https://social.ringplus.net/discussion/9606/new-standard-plans/p1 

The following is valid for each of the plans below:

·       Overages for Free Pan (Mad Avatar) are billed from your Top Up Balance at 10 cents per Unite  (Minutes/MMS/SMS/MB- LTE full speed) and billed 5cent per unite for paid plans (Mad Apple).

·       Activations Fee is $5 per activation.  There is no Activation Fee for current Members, who switch to any new plan offered. 

·       If Members switch from any current plan to one of the new plans the top up will transfer to the new plan.

·       If the Top Up balance falls to or is under $5 an auto top up from $15 will occur.

·       Tethering for plans, with unlimited 2g data will be priced at $3.99, for all other plans below tethering will be included.

·       All plans are directly routed over Sprint 

In addition for current Members only:

·      Current Members can switch with no activation fee. 

·      Member+ can activate a Member+ add on for any plan  (1.25 GB every 6 month) for free to any plan below

·      Phone Swaps are free. Plan changes will take effect immediately (until November 30, 2016 9 pm, afterwards at the end of billing cycle) 

·      All current Members and Member+ switching a line to the plans can additionally chose one of two free add on for selected plans (Free Mad Avatar, Mad bottomless Apple and Mad bottomless Orange) 

o   A 700 MB recurring every three month/ Free

o   A 250 MB recurring every month/ Free

---

Free Mad Avatar

Allotments: 

·      Tethering included

For our current members switching to this plan:

$0 / Month 775 Minutes (275 Regular and 500 outgoing VoIP), 275 Text 275 MMS and 750* MB LTE Full Speed

For our current Member+:

$0 / Month 775 Minutes (275 Regular and 500 outgoing VoIP), 275 Text 275 MMS and 963* MB LTE Full Speed

*Members have to chose the free add-ons during sign up

As soon RingPlus will launch its smart and VoIP dialer, Members will have 30 days to install one of those applications and will have unlimited calls over these applications. 

For feature phones or for Members who don't want to install a VoIP dialer or smart dialer, those Members will have the option to switch at this time to a third party system. They will be able to continue the plan with a small increase in call latency (less than current latency).  

(During the waiting time members can install an open source VoIP dialer and can make up to 500 Minutes out going calls)

---

Mad bottomless Apple 

$7.99/Month 300 Talk, 300 Text, 300 SMS, 300 MB full Speed and unlimited 2g afterwards.

For our current Member switching to this Plan

$7.99/Month 300 Talk, 300 Text, 300 SMS, 550* MB full Speed and unlimited 2g afterwards

For our current Member+

$7.99/Month 300 Talk, 300 Text, 300 SMS, 763* MB full Speed and unlimited 2g afterwards

*Members have to choose the free add-on during sign up

---

Mad bottomless Orange

$9.99/Month Unlimited Talk, Unlimited Text, Unlimited SMS and 500 MB-LTE and unlimited 2g Data.  

For our current Members 

$9.99/Month 300 Talk, 300 Text, 300 SMS, 750 MB full Speed and unlimited 2g afterwards*

For our Member+

$9.99/Month 300 Talk, 300 Text, 300 SMS, 963 MB full Speed and unlimited 2g afterwards*

---

Mad Ham

$15.99/Month Unlimited Talk, Unlimited Text, Unlimited SMS and 1 GB -LTE and unlimited 2g Data. 

For our current Member+

$15.99/Month Unlimited Talk, Unlimited Text, Unlimited SMS and 1,37* GB -LTE and unlimited 2g Data. 

---

Mad bottomless Mango

$19.99/Month Unlimited Talk, Unlimited Text, Unlimited SMS and 2 GB -LTE and unlimited 2g Data. 

Member+ will have the option of free tethering 

For our current Member+

$19.99/Month Unlimited Talk, Unlimited Text, Unlimited SMS and 2,37 GB -LTE and unlimited 2g Data. 

---

Mad Merry

$29.99/Month Unlimited Talk, Unlimited Text, Unlimited SMS and 5 GB -LTE and unlimited 2g Data. 

---

Mad Special 

$39.99/Month Unlimited Talk, Unlimited Text, Unlimited SMS and 10 GB -LTE and unlimited 2g Data. 

Any idea whether folks who have pending plan change can take up on this new offer if they wanted to?

rated:
must ask op because of his ring+ threads are you a shill from SD under a other name. also have we gone over a hundred diff. plans this year for ring+. you think they  are looking out for us with a hundred confusing plans or themselves.

rated:
FatWKing said:   
  Any idea whether folks who have pending plan change can take up on this new offer if they wanted to?

Yes.

rated:
blueribb said:   
marcopolomle said:   

WIFI = Tethering?

rated:
tinkakat said:   must ask op because of his ring+ threads are you a shill from SD under a other name. also have we gone over a hundred diff. plans this year for ring+. you think they  are looking out for us with a hundred confusing plans or themselves.
What did I do to deserve this?
Try to help people?
You should also try it, it feels good to help people.

rated:
My head hurts after this...

If you were stupid enough to put money into this (I was $40 stupid), file a charge back.

rated:
marcopolomle said:   
blueribb said:   
marcopolomle said:   

Just switch to Mad Plum if you have >$5 or Mad Pops if you have <$5 in your account balance.
If you have less than $5, I suggest topping up your account balance beforehand and THEN switching to Mad Plum since it is the best available plan to switch to.

I already selected Mad Fiesta Free about a week ago. My current plan (Michelangelo) mentions "WiFi Calling is available". My Moto G4 (on Ring+) uses my home wireless network when updating apps but I don't know if my phone calls are using WiFi also. 

rated:

rated:
Does anyone know what the cryptic "third party service" for feature phones or those that don't want to use a dialer is? I have a couple family members on flip-phones there and just wondering what is going on.

rated:
rachnamoore said:   I have been trying to add 2nd line to my mad team family plan but unable to from the dash board ADD /activate. Any ideas? Support has not responded to my support ticket over a month.Thank you.
I suggest posting this question in RingPlus social thread where MODS might be able to help better.
They are usually very good at solving these kind of problems quickly.

rated:
Does VOIP minutes take from allocated data? or Both different?
IF we scheduled our upgrade plan earlier to change on Bill end cycle, can we still change to new upgrade plan before Nov 30th?

rated:
Thanks marcopolo.

rated:
They still want me to pay them $5 to switch to another free plan. What a con man that CEO is.

rated:
rachnamoore said:   I have been trying to add 2nd line to my mad team family plan but unable to from the dash board ADD /activate. Any ideas? Support has not responded to my support ticket over a month.Thank you.
  You needed to add the additional line(s) during the promotion.  It was never an open ended offer, it was a limited time promotion.

rated:
Oh well, Plumb is more then enough for my usage. Most of my calls and text messages use Google Voice. Essentially unlimited over WiFi.

rated:
po90260 said:   They still want me to pay them $5 to switch to another free plan. What a con man that CEO is.
Switching is free but with your negative mindset everything will look paranoid.

rated:
I AM SO CONFUSED

rated:
Redbeard25 said:   I AM SO CONFUSED
You are not alone.

I said it before and will repeat it here: Deciphering RingPlus plans is the best prevention against Alzheimer's.

rated:
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO,,does any freekin body FULLY understand this a..just the typo errors and misleading and repetitive info is Staggering....i am going back to a carrier pigeon..

rated:
The "Ring+ for dummies" for those who need to switch explanation of this Mad Avatar plan.
1.  You have regular voice and VOIP.  VOIP is only good for outbound
2.  You can either use the dialers within 30 days after they are available, or opt out to get calls routed through a third party and get some latency like the Legacy plans.
3.  If you use the dialers you will thereafter have unlimited allotments of voice
4.  You are being offered free data addons, you must pick them when you sign up.  700mb over 3 months or 250mb per month
5.  If you choose Mad Avatar during the first 24 hours you will change to the plan immediately, after that you will switch next billing cycle.

rated:
trumpotron said:   does any freekin body FULLY understand this 
They are all MAD plans designed to drive you Nuts.

rated:
I wonder why all the new plans' names have the word "Mad" in them! Is RingPlus trying to acknowledge how the users feel about being forced to take lower option plans while they had paid for much better plans?

rated:
marcopolomle said:   ALL previous plan upgrades from yesterday are back again until 11 PM Pacific (2 AM Eastern) past midnight.

Which plan are you stating that's good?

For me (from Leonardo2) is this Mad Ski one
Mad Ski $0 
Including: 
Voicemail 
3-way Calling 
Call Waiting
$15 + tax 1,000 1,000 1,000 750 MB LTE 
Tethering Included
3¢ per 
Minute/SMS/MMS/MB 
Draws From Top Up

rated:
love4money said:   I wonder why all the new plans' names have the word "Mad" in them! Is RingPlus trying to acknowledge how the users feel about being forced to take lower option plans while they had paid for much better plans?
No this Madness has been going on even before that.

It's more likely the state of mind of the RingPlus CEO

rated:
Strangely enough, I was able to switch my kids to the Mad Plum deal tonight and schedule it to start at the end of their next billing cycle (12/17). But switching myself to Mad Ski required it to start immediately. It also required me to spend $120 to become Member+, so yeah, now I'm invested in RingPlus to the tune of $230 for myself and 2 kids. Starting the plan immediately is not a big deal since I was switching from a free plan, but I still had 5000+ of everything to use until 12/15. Now I'm a bit (OK, a lot) more limited, although I still use nowhere near my new limits on most months. And with the Mad Ski overages at only $0.03/unit, when I do go over, it'll be cheap. Even adding in the $120 for Member+ means my bills for the next year will be about the same as if I had gone with one of the $10/mo plans.

If anyone wants to use it, here's a (Google Docs/Drive) link to the spreadsheet I made to figure out which plan I should choose:  PrepaidPhonePlans.ods 
Just edit the blue cells on the "Usage" sheet to put in your own usage. The cheapest plan for you will be highlighted in yellow.  You can get your totals from the billing invoice for each month in the Billing History section of your phone on the RingPlus website. Once you add your usage in, the RingPlus and RedPocket costs will be calculated automatically. Virgin Mobile is a flat rate for the plan I would have chosen, so those are just entered manually. And the Ting pricing is convoluted enough that I didn't want to figure out how to create formulas to calculate it all, so I just manually entered those numbers. There are a couple extra columns of averages, where I removed the two outlier months because my data usage was significantly higher than the other months.

The "Usage" sheet is protected for all the calculated cells, but you can unprotect it if you want to add additional months, plans, etc. There is no password on the protection.

Edited to add: Unfortunately, if you open it in Google Sheets (online), the highlighting of the best plan doesn't always work. Open it in LibreOffice and it should work. I don't know about Excel.

rated:
ernie334 said:   
marcopolomle said:   ALL previous plan upgrades from yesterday are back again until 11 PM Pacific (2 AM Eastern) past midnight.

Which plan are you stating that's good?

For me (from Leonardo2) is this Mad Ski one

Mad Ski $0 
Including: 
Voicemail 
3-way Calling 
Call Waiting
$15 + tax 1,000 1,000 1,000 750 MB LTE 
Tethering Included
3¢ per 
Minute/SMS/MMS/MB 
Draws From Top Up

It doesn't say it there, but Mad Ski requires Member+, which means $120 one-time purchase if you're not already M+.

I don't think marcopolomle was referring to any specific plan, just that the Thanksgiving/Black Friday plans were better than these new plans.

rated:
marcopolomle said:   
love4money said:   I wonder why all the new plans' names have the word "Mad" in them! Is RingPlus trying to acknowledge how the users feel about being forced to take lower option plans while they had paid for much better plans?
No this Madness has been going on even before that.

It's more likely the state of mind of the RingPlus CEO

I always thought they were going for a "Crazy Eddie" vibe. As in, "Our prices are so low, we're CRAAAAAAZY!"
But the alternatives you two have come up with are just as likely. 

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2016